• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Business To Be In - Food & Beverage

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Food business is quite tough mostly. Wake up early and finish late if your business is good.

The initial part will be tough. Yes, you need to do more work selling food, that is why I said drinks are easier. Coffeeshops doing a roaring business.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For the many who have tried, countLess have been Laid by the wayside..but i do notice an upward trend of youngsters going back into the bubbLe-tea stuffs again.
Forgotten what name was it, something Like 'Koi' ?..each time i Look at thier Q's; i shudders at the thought of how much $ are they raking in a day..:cool:

TikeMyson

Alfrescian
Loyal
The initial part will be tough. Yes, you need to do more work selling food, that is why I said drinks are easier. Coffeeshops doing a roaring business.

Yes the coffeeshops make a lot on the drinks. The main guy usually pow the drinks and then sublets the space to the other guys who sell the food. Make money from the drinks and rent as well.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
have no experience in coffee shops. but for restaurant f and b
if you have filipino and indian staff, make sure u watch them like hawks..
bunch of pathological liars

TikeMyson

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes I've heard talk about this too from people who are involved in this industry. Lie about being ill and not turning up being the main grouse.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

TaLking about coffeeshops, there's one near my pLace where the Boss run-road Last week; aLL the staLL hoLders were caught by surprise, even his own direct empLoyees were Left in a Lurch.
Reason ?, He sub the coffeeshop at too high a price; tried upping the staLLs' rentaL, and many Left thereafter.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes I've heard talk about this too from people who are involved in this industry. Lie about being ill and not turning up being the main grouse.

and a lot of more. they can be told NOT to do something and when they do it and you see them do it, then you ask them why they still do it and they can insist they didnt do until you show them camera footage, then they know how to shut up
lying is a way of life for them, and these are our future singaproeans

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

More the exception than the rule. If you are not in the business and have no experience you should not repeat what can be hearsay. I have first hand experience and it is not 100% true. Even Singaporeans can be bad employees.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i am in the business and i am talking about the ones i work with
do you want to sue me too?

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
and a lot of more. they can be told NOT to do something and when they do it and you see them do it, then you ask them why they still do it and they can insist they didnt do until you show them camera footage, then they know how to shut up
lying is a way of life for them, and these are our future singaproeans

It is a fact the foreign workers are more reliable than Singaporeans. You are propagating an untruth here.