• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Business To Be In - Food & Beverage

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is a fact the foreign workers are more reliable than Singaporeans. You are propagating an untruth here.

ok if you say so
because apparently wendychan always tells lies... and old women dont
ciao, im outta here too
not worth it

Last edited:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No rough stuff for me. I'm out of here. Nice chatting.

No worries/ This thread is about doing business and I am not about to allow it to be hijack by someone who start to discuss other issues. She should start her own thread.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fund raising for cancer 003 (640x480).jpgFund raising for cancer 005 (480x640).jpgFund raising for cancer 004 (800x600) (640x480).jpg
Especially the latter. Less effort big profits.:smile:

Agree, should start a smoothie stand and sell some home made bread like breakfast orange and blueberry bread, chicken pot pie.....:p

Last edited:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
View attachment 7637View attachment 7638View attachment 7639

Agree, should start a smoothie stand and sell some home made bread like breakfast orange and blueberry bread, chicken pot pie.....:p

For those who want to invest in upmarket bar like those in Collyer Quay or Jln Mohd Sultan can PM me. Professionals can arrange everything for a fee as they are running their own successful bars themselves and will provide management expertise. This is a booming business and most home-grown bars have expanded into Malaysia, Thailand and Philippines.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those who want to invest in upmarket bar like those in Collyer Quay or Jln Mohd Sultan can PM me. Professionals can arrange everything for a fee as they are running their own successful bars themselves and will provide management expertise. This is a booming business and most home-grown bars have expanded into Malaysia, Thailand and Philippines.

Those are healthy fresh fruit drink and breakfast, me no like alcohol, me stop drinking the day i got married.....:biggrin:.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ok if you say so
because apparently wendychan always tells lies... and old women dont
ciao, im outta here too
not worth it

I am sorry if I sound harsh but believe me, we employ many foreigners because if we don't then we cannot make it. Every businesses in the F&B industry employs foreign workers. Without them many will find themselves short of hands.

Reason I say they are more reliable is because they are on contract and work here for a short period. They cannot afford to get laid off as they have invested their own money to work here. Yes there are a few that as to be send back due to poor attitude and bad performance but not that many. Singaporeans leave as soon as another company offer them a few dollars more. They have family problems, relationship problems etc. Most Singaporeans we employed are senior staff, supervisors and managers.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
For those who want to invest in upmarket bar like those in Collyer Quay or Jln Mohd Sultan can PM me.

Mohd Sultan area used to be filled with in mid 90s with Mdm Wong, Samsara, Wong San, etc. booming pub business in the past. looks like the facade had changed very much the last time me drove by...

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mohd Sultan area used to be filled with in mid 90s with Mdm Wong, Samsara, Wong San, etc. booming pub business in the past. looks like the facade had changed very much the last time me drove by...

The rentals there have increased greatly. F&B outlets are pretty mobile and they are practically everywhere. Since Sentosa has opened up and many more all over the island, they are sprouting everywhere. Not many folded up in the past 5 years.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I dislike businesses that have high overheads.

F&B you must have very good chef and great recipe.

Location impt but not v crucial once word spread around. Singaporean will drive miles to eat good food.

Your food source must be good too ... fresh n get at a good wholesale price.

Especially the latter. Less effort big profits.:smile:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I dislike businesses that have high overheads.

F&B you must have very good chef and great recipe.

Location impt but not v crucial once word spread around. Singaporean will drive miles to eat good food.

Your food source must be good too ... fresh n get at a good wholesale price.

Yes, food you need a very good chef and should be reliable. Either that or they are also a business partner. I prefer setting up bars but not the seedy joints or karaoke outlets. Most investors have shares not in one but a few to spread their risk. I would not recommend those who want to set it up alone because you need to network. Partners take turns to visit their bars to monitor traffic and their employees and make contacts with their customers especially the regulars.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro

What Wendy said is true.

Foreign workers are more dishonest than locals.

The reason they r employed is because they r cheap.

I can vouch with my heart n Cross my heart Wendy speaks fairly.

It is a fact the foreign workers are more reliable than Singaporeans. You are propagating an untruth here.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro

What Wendy said is true.

Foreign workers are more dishonest than locals.

The reason they r employed is because they r cheap.

I can vouch with my heart n Cross my heart Wendy speaks fairly.

I have both Singapore and Filipino employees and many years of experience with foreigners.

It depends on the business they are in and their level of education. In the F&B they are not DH and most of them have college degree. Those we get are taking diploma courses in hospitality/F&B in their countries. The training they get here are very valuable to their career.

If you have the opportunity to talk to employers, they prefer FW to locals for low level jobs. Not only because of salary but other factors as well. It is a sad fact but most Singaporeans will not want a job that pays low and long working hours. Blame the government policies but this is a fact whichever way we want look at it. If this is not true look around you, hospitals, coffeeshops, factories, etc., they are here.