• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AWARE Sex Guide Suspended

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP always trivialize issues that is to their disadvantage.:cool: (eg. its only billions lost, we earn trillions before that u know)

same same here huh:biggrin:

You know that the PAP likes to play football (using chickpox Goh's analogy) by SHIFTING the goal posts!

When nobody made noise, the AWARE CSE is ok
When the shit hits the fan, MOE balls start dropping

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Whether I am the expert on TSM's campaign or not is irrelevant here. The point here is you missed the news even as you claimed to have read it."

So please point out what I missed in detail
I'm still waiting.................

"Just doing you a favor. Have a good read here.
http://tampinescourt.blogspot.com/2009/04/has-moe-lost-its-mind.html"

Why are you referencing a blog post?
We were talking about the govt's official position on the matter
You mean the govt operates from Tampines is it?

"If TSM is "ridiculous" as you put it, then why should MOE need to suspend the CSE programme run by the old guard?"

1. They suspended ALL content run by ALL external vendors, not just the AWARE stuff.

2. Because the average Singaporean PAP voter is a conservative ie. don't like homo content or any content that is too sex related. Singaporeans are very hybrid creatures. They can go to Geylang and bang foreign women at 1pm and then protest the sexual content of AWARE's CSE at 2pm. That is very UNIQUELY SINGAPOREAN.

3. Because They need to be seen as taking decisive action now that 1000s of parents have complained

4. Because the MOE doesn't give a shit about AWARE or Homosexuals or Thio Su Mien. Their First Order Mission is to COVER THY OWN BACKSIDE.

Clear enough for you?

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
--------------------------
TSM is still ridiculous to say that the Aware programme encourages girls to experiment sex with other girls.

TSM is still ridiculous for saying that a lesbian themed movie is shown as part of the programme.

TSM is still ridiculous for thinking that NOT condemning homosexuality is akin to promoting it.
--------------------------------

Dear SneeringTree

Nice summary
now waiting to hear from DrPanacea

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal,

Thank you, I always enjoy dissecting PAP tactics (very cunning fellows). These days I'm pissed off enough to think about leaving the armchair. Who knows, maybe I'll volunteer to help out in the next GE if anybody wants help.

The PAP realised they couldn't (shouldn't) stifle civil society. Especially since they wanted the next lap to be about a cosmopolitan globalised Singapore. The challenge became one of baking the right cake and saving the nicest bits for yourself. I agree with you that they are heading in that direction ie. hoarding the best pieces of cake.

Cheers

PS. "If the Archbishop had not stepped in, I am sure the vote tally might have been different and also the fact that Police got them to change the venue."

Yeah, I still think TSM would have won if she had been less of an idealogue and more of an activitist. The MOE position kinda validates this point.

Bro, best summary ever. Don't go away when the next general elections comes along. We need you here with the rest of armchair ( I mean that in nice way) strategist, tacticians and political observers. Every bit helps.

MOE stand is a clear message.

I won't be surprised that authorities will start looking at religious entities with wayward pipers that might swing votes for all the wrong reasons.

If the Archbishop had not stepped in, I am sure the vote tally might have been different and also the fact that Police got them to change the venue.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
unfortunately and regrettable the facts have long been lost...once the LGBT card is raised the majority conservative singgie get's uncomfortable more so when it invloves their kids...just look at MOE sudden volte face...it appears to be the work of the numbers game...ironically dr thio and pastor hong appear to have won the war even though they lost the battle...for now at least...
I am still waiting for Thio Su Mien to substantiate her claim that the Aware sex ed programme encourages girls to have lesbain sex with other girls.

Thio and gang accused the sex education prgramme of promoting homosexuality. Did MOE agree with that assessment?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
even if i were to put aside the sinister clandestine stealthy way in which dr thio orchestrated the takeover...what about pastor's hong now infamous plea on the pulpit urging his congregation to go out and support 'sisters in christ' on the 2nd?
No, I am not kidding. I stand on my point.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
perhaps but she still appears to have got what she wanted...Aware's CSE programme being pulled by MOE and majority conservative singgies becoming more concerned over the LGBT issue
Actually, MOE suspended ALL external vendor Sex Ed Programmes. TSM is still ridiculous to say that the Aware programme encourages girls to experiment sex with other girls. TSM is still ridiculous for saying that a lesbian themed movie is shown as part of the programme. TSM is still ridiculous for thinking that NOT condemning homosexuality is akin to promoting it.

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
nothing beats the sinister homo educational slowly encroaching into our schools, worse, nobody knows about!!

until exposed by Josie and the sunshine band!

wow if they haven't done that, we'll all be kept in the dark!

Hello homo boy

I think all that playing with the Dildo has rotten your brain
what "sinister homo educational" are you talking about?
The AWARE CSE (exposed by Josie) is a very LIMITED programme
It's so LIMITED that nobody complained to the MOE because few people were exposed to it (until thio came along).

Pray harder and stop playing with the dildo!

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
the outcome is good, all Christians are happy.

the conservatives are happy.

God is happy. that's most important.

Oh! Jesus! You are AWESOME! I am impressed by your presence again!

HALLELUJAH!

Yes the conservatives are happy
the PAP are happy because their voter base is conservative
the Christians are not happy because Thio's cabal made all Christians look like religious terrorists

The question is : Is TeeKee happy being a closet homo pretending to be a straight gay basher.
I'm praying then you come to terms with your inner homo and be happy :biggrin:

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
perhaps but she still appears to have got what she wanted...Aware's CSE programme being pulled by MOE and majority conservative singgies becoming more concerned over the LGBT issue

Just imagine what she could achieved if she had left the ideology at home and tried being an activist instead

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Wait what I don't get If "Gays are Normal" equals "promotion of gays" and both LKY and GCT in announcing non discrimination against gays in the civil service saw gays as normal, opposed by the church BTW and Josie and GANG............then why is AWARE being blamed for a tone set by LKY first ?

Locke

Last edited:

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal

The overall scrutiny on sex ed prog is good. Someone is definitely going to look at religious tinted sex ed programme too.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
This just prove that the initial motivation to overthrow the old guard of AWARE because they are promoting homosexuality is true and not groundless. However, somehow people manage to divert the attention to religious issues. And now we are seeing the consequences. Many charities and private hospitals and clinics are run by religious group. Do we have any problem with those? I don't think so. We don't see them preaching their religions through those platform. However, here we have AWARE preaching to schools their homosexual 'religion' .

Damn sad that you cant tell the difference.

Many charities and private hospitals and clinics are run by religious group as they were started by religious groups and that itself had been accepted as the norm.

Aware was started as a non-religious, secular, pro-woman, pro-choice organisation. Turning the organisation from non-religious to religious could result in many who does not subscribe to that religion unable to get the care they need.