• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Arun Ratnaa vs Ken Lim (Don Quijote Spanish Restaurant).

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nsidiner23214e.jpg

Diner and Dempsey restaurant owner in war of words on social media

By Carolyn Khew

A war of words between a disgruntled customer and a restaurant owner has spilled online, after the customer posted a nasty reply by the restaurateur on Facebook.

Mr Arun Ratnaa, 28, had written an email to Mr Ken Lim, the owner of Don Quijote Spanish Restaurant at Dempsey Road, on Saturday, after he and a group of friends were supposedly turned away at the door even though the restaurant was "far from full," he said.

Mr Ratnaa got a rude reply containing an expletive instead, which he posted on his Facebook profile on Monday.

On the same day, Mr Lim, in a strongly worded reply on his restaurant's Facebook page, said Mr Ratnaa's post did not give the "full facts", and that his staff "was at no point rude to (him) and in fact apologised several times that (they) were not able to accommodate (him)".

Last edited:

Nokiaster

Alfrescian
Loyal
nsidiner23214e.jpg

Diner and Dempsey restaurant owner in war of words on social media

By Carolyn Khew

A war of words between a disgruntled customer and a restaurant owner has spilled online, after the customer posted a nasty reply by the restaurateur on Facebook.

Mr Arun Ratnaa, 28, had written an email to Mr Ken Lim, the owner of Don Quijote Spanish Restaurant at Dempsey Road, on Saturday, after he and a group of friends were supposedly turned away at the door even though the restaurant was "far from full," he said.

Mr Ratnaa got a rude reply containing an expletive instead, which he posted on his Facebook profile on Monday.

On the same day, Mr Lim, in a strongly worded reply on his restaurant's Facebook page, said Mr Ratnaa's post did not give the "full facts", and that his staff "was at no point rude to (him) and in fact apologised several times that (they) were not able to accommodate (him)".

sounds to me like another typical headshaking keling kiah stirring up shit with his keling kiah way again ....

fuck you bastarrd cockroaches!!

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The customer is not always right. In this case, Arun is not even a customer, as the restaurant has not yet accepted him in.

A lot of Sinkies do not understand basic commercial law, and the law of contract. A restaurant's signage is "an invitation to treat" i.e. inviting the potential customer to buy the product/service. Same goes for any advertisements: they are merely invitations to treat.

When a customer decides he wants "to be treated" (so to speak), he makes an "offer" to the restaurant (or advertiser). In other words, the customer is saying: "I would like to buy your product/service". The customer is the offerer.

It is then up to the restaurant (or advertiser) to accept the offer. The restaurant (or advetiser) is the offeree. The restaurant may decline the offer. If the restaurant accepts the offer, then there is "acceptance".

Only when there is offer and acceptance then there is a "contract" i.e. both parties had "intentions to create legal relations" and both parties are legally bound.

So, even if the restaurant is empty, the restaurant does not have to accept Arun's offer. If I am the waiter or the owner of the restaurant, and I don't like the "kwai lan" face of the customer, I will turn him away.

So Arun has no grounds for complaining.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What's wrong with that? Ever heard of reservations? :rolleyes:

Besides, the restaurant owner has the right to reject the business of any customer, for whatever reason.

Stupid brown-skin turd, you think the world revolves around your precious ass and it must pander to your whims and placate your every desire. :kma:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
some ppl were supporting shit skin name but face like m&d arun and i knew that it was because ken lim is chinese.

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who the fuck this bastard thinks he is? He thinks he is some kind of big fuck and no restaurant can turn him away? Fucker some royalty from India?

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Arun Ratnaa's Facebook said he is Sinkie. Chinese mother, Indian father.

[h=5]Arun Ratnaa[/h]14 hours ago

A whole lot has been said and shared with regards to what has happened. But here it is again:

I received questionable service, I sent a message to the Restaurant's email address. I then received the now infamous reply from the owner. I posted his reply on Facebook. It went viral.

This has nothing to do with Shiraz nor with any marketing ploys or was it intended at any point in time. I was at Dempsey on an off day with my friend looking for Spanish Cuisine.

I was a hungry diner who got turned away. I ranted like anyone would.

And for those wondering if I'm Foreign Talent: I'm proudly Singaporean, born and bred

<form rel="async" class="live_10153759865940405_316526391751760 commentable_item autoexpand_mode" method="post" action="https://www.facebook.com/ajax/ufi/modify.php" data-live="{&quot;seq&quot;:&quot;10153759865940405_47028634&quot;}" id="u_jsonp_2_s" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Share

</form>

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The issue is not one of race, but of customer's "rights".

Customer feel he is entitled to be admitted to the restaurant because it is not full.

Law of contract said the restaurant is not obligated to entertain him.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats not the issue....the idiot in this case is ken lim for saying who the fuck do you think you are on social media.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Arun Ratnaa's Facebook said he is Sinkie. Chinese mother, Indian father.

[h=5]Arun Ratnaa[/h]14 hours ago

A whole lot has been said and shared with regards to what has happened. But here it is again:

I received questionable service, I sent a message to the Restaurant's email address. I then received the now infamous reply from the owner. I posted his reply on Facebook. It went viral.

This has nothing to do with Shiraz nor with any marketing ploys or was it intended at any point in time. I was at Dempsey on an off day with my friend looking for Spanish Cuisine.

I was a hungry diner who got turned away. I ranted like anyone would.

And for those wondering if I'm Foreign Talent: I'm proudly Singaporean, born and bred

<form rel="async" class="live_10153759865940405_316526391751760 commentable_item autoexpand_mode" method="post" action="https://www.facebook.com/ajax/ufi/modify.php" data-live="{&quot;seq&quot;:&quot;10153759865940405_47028634&quot;}" id="u_jsonp_2_s" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Share

</form>

chindian..........

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
An Indian rooting for Arabs and a Chink pretending to be Spanish.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oi! Sam Leong! Why you hijacked my new thread and merge it into an earlier thread?

In eight words...Who the fuck do you think you are??

Warmest regards,

LITTLEREDDOT :smile:

Last edited: