• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Arun Ratnaa vs Ken Lim (Don Quijote Spanish Restaurant).

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arun Ratnaa is indian or pinoy f name?

1/3
https://www.facebook.com/arun.ratnaa
As many of you would know, I'm a huge fan of Dempsey. It is home to many lovely establishments and I've never had a truly bad experience. However, that all changed over the weekend when I went to Don Quijote. Having received rather bad service at the door, I sent the management a note. Being in the F&B industry myself, I appreciate it when someone gives me a heads up on bad service.

However, I wasn’t expecting the reply that owner Ken Lim sent.
“In eight words, who the **** do you think you are?”

We are constantly complaining about the lack of service culture in Singapore and attribute it to a general lack of staff in the industry. Sure, the lack of staff is one reason – less staff, lower standards of service. We’re in an industry wide crunch and everyone’s trying their best to cope. So Mr Ken, I do understand where you’re coming from. What better way to save time on service recovery then a templated “**** you?”

Of course it does not help when owners themselves validate bad service but Mr Ken, I’m neither mad nor upset about your reply. I’d just like a glass of whatever you were drinking.

Arun Ratnaa

2/3
1013778_10153758949035405_1686137410_n.jpg

3/3

People like to react to sensational tit bits... without actually knowing the facts... You posted what you wanted everyone to see and hear, without the full facts and I wonder how you manage to call yourself a professional of any industry, whether F&B or other..

Here's the parts you left out.. That my staff in question was at no point rude to you and in fact apologized several times that we were not able to accommodate you, but for whatever reasons you had, maybe showing off to friend, you decided to get abusive instead and even your email was racist, pointing out a Filipino staff with bad service, where because her command of the English language isn't as high as yours, and maybe could have explained things better, but instead you flew the coop and then followed up with a scathing email, signing off with your company credentials..?

Was your visit in a personal or corporate capacity? Were you emailing us in your "professional" (I would have to use this word very loosely with you) capacity and complaining as a representative of your company?

I will not engage any further exchange with you, whether be it online and in any other medium so you may continue with your banter about how professional you actually are and what a victim you were when what I have is my now 8th year reputation for having higher-than-most standards of service to stand on.

Bottom line.. If you had written to us in a personal capacity, I would be bestowed every courtesy that is bestowed on ALL our customers.. But because you chose to do so with your corporate details and titles, to me, seeing that you are "a professional in the F&B industry", to me, you should not go up to someone else's house and kick the gate because if you do, then you should be prepared to get bitten by the dog. In my opinion your deplorable behavior towards both my staff and us all collectively was bully-like and racist-like which just added to things and I responded accordingly.

Ken Lim
Proprietor
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Arun Ratnaa is indian or pinoy f name?

alamak ts most pinoys have spanish surnames and normal sounding "english" names.

The name arun and ratnaa is 100% a keling one.

LordKrishna

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Being a minority I think poor Arun had been racially victimized. Same for me, I often come into this forum in tremble and in fear.

griffin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Possible. But according to my Indian friend it is Sanskrit (an ancient Indian language like Latin). Indonesians commonly use Sanskrit names having come under heavy Indian influence before the march of Islam in this region. Sukarno, Megawati, Yudhyono, Garuda and Mahathir are all Sanskrit.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Possible. But according to my Indian friend it is Sanskrit (an ancient Indian language like Latin). Indonesians commonly use Sanskrit names having come under heavy Indian influence before the march of Islam in this region. Sukarno, Megawati, Yudhyono, Garuda and Mahathir are all Sanskrit.

Yes possible his face doesn't look like a keling have a look.

1896440107d6f63149d8fc9d007145bd757014bd.jpg

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Sorry, pardon me for my ignorance.

But can someone tell me what so big fuck about him advertising himself as Head of Marketing at Shiraz?

Is Shiraz a top restaurant or what? The Marketing Team there very big meh?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro NW, you are knowledgable alot. Yes, arun ratnaa possible to be siam kia name. Siam kia version will be arun ratanaa.

I love everything thai.....
Bro mentioned Sanskrit background....thai also originated from Sanskrit.
Ratna reminds me of the thai dish hor fun.

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal

Possibly Indon?

Good for Ken Lim. Show him support by going to his restaurant. Don't show any face to these FT's.

Arun, not happy then go home lar, stay here for what.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Arun Ratnaa is a male Sri Lankan Tamil name. (S. Rajaratnam, JBJ are of Sri Lankan Tamil ancestry.)

Looking at his photo, he looks mixed: Tamil father, Chinese mother

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Arun Ratnaa is a male Sri Lankan Tamil name. (S. Rajaratnam, JBJ are of Sri Lankan Tamil ancestry.)

Looking at his photo, he looks mixed: Tamil father, Chinese mother

so in short - 杂种 :biggrin:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

alamak ts most pinoys have spanish surnames and normal sounding "english" names.

hi there

1. bingo!
2. that is definitely an ah neh name 200%
3. probably with some small prick too but with a big head on its top:kma:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Being a minority I think poor Arun had been racially victimized. Same for me, I often come into this forum in tremble and in fear.

hi there

1. bro, me pity you loh:biggrin:
2. just be yourself or fake persona.
3. stand your ground just like tonny:p
4. you shall make it after all:*: