• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Army Food is getting Better & Better!!!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yes the mobile food vendors will follow the troops everywhere....can even get ice-cream.
But some commanders forbid NSFs to buy from them....as well as going to the canteen.
Some smart ones will stock up on food....knew a sgt who pack his APC with 2 alibaba bags full of titbits and foodstuff for exercise.

Even area D had lots of vendors on motorbike sidecar following the training. When we break for lunch, they would mysteriously appear selling drinks in packets, fried noodles, nasi lemak, etc. Rain or shine they were always there. That guy could have been an instructor for police outrider motorbikes. It takes skills to drive around area D in the m&d or red dust with a rickety motor bike and a side car, and with his daughter as a pillion rider adding weight. Plus all the heavy machinery running around them.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Actually army food not suppose to outsource. If some terrorist put some rat poison in the rice, half the camp will be dead by night snack time.

U raise a good point. Very few armies in the world outsource their cooking and food supply. In SAF case, the contractor supplying the food are using PRC FTs (all card carrying communist party of china members). when u see SAF personnel dropping like flies from food posioning, just look out to see and u will see the Chinese PLA navy invasion fleet off shore.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I didn't see any mobile food vendors at my exercise crescendo. Only kids coming around our deployment site to beg for food. We happily gave them the rations of course.

The mobile S4 aka Thai food vendors on a motorbike sidecar are tip off by Thais working inside the Saiyok camp. They will follow us out for the duration of the excerise only leaving to replenish supplies. From self make coconut ice cream to stir fried mee hoon, fried only upon order, all available. Maybe it the outfield factor, I find the coconut ice cream sell by these vendors much nicer than those sell in Bangkok.

Very hard to believe your unit Thai experience don't have mobile S4 as the Thais had no problems keep up with our vehicles movement. In fact they very fast, all set up within minutes of our M113 ramp down.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks to the SAF/SFI food I ate for 2 years 2 decades ago, I became not choosy about food. Nothing taste worst than SFI food. Fucking waste of money and food to see many servicemen skip the meals than to eat the fucktard food.

Those time, the only reasonable edible food in the cook house are the muslim food and vegetarian food. Fuck the SFI pork cube and as one bro mentioned, chlorine smelling vegetable.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even area D had lots of vendors on motorbike sidecar following the training. When we break for lunch, they would mysteriously appear selling drinks in packets, fried noodles, nasi lemak, etc. Rain or shine they were always there. That guy could have been an instructor for police outrider motorbikes. It takes skills to drive around area D in the m&d or red dust with a rickety motor bike and a side car, and with his daughter as a pillion rider adding weight. Plus all the heavy machinery running around them.

price reasonable? shiok or not...makan not hantam dotter

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
This "commissioned officer enjoy better food" affair is a military tradition that dates back a few centuries, SAF did not invent it.

Even in real life, you get treated differently based on your credentials. No big deal.

yeah...look at lky family dinners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I pity the cooks, imagine waking up at 4am in the morning every single day just to prepare food for a bunch of unappreciative pricks.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Did Lee Hsien Loong ever eat this kind of food
Hsien Loong ate at the Officers Mess when he was in 21 SA. Also ate in the cookhouse when on course, as Support Company OCT. But u better believe cookhouse food was the bestest almost restaurant standard when he was there. Have to post in the best cooks to make it happen.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to the SAF/SFI food I ate for 2 years 2 decades ago, I became not choosy about food. Nothing taste worst than SFI food. Fucking waste of money and food to see many servicemen skip the meals than to eat the fucktard food.

Those time, the only reasonable edible food in the cook house are the muslim food and vegetarian food. Fuck the SFI pork cube and as one bro mentioned, chlorine smelling vegetable.
Muslim food from SFI sucks. Spoilt my stomach.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hsien Loong ate at the Officers Mess when he was in 21 SA. Also ate in the cookhouse when on course, as Support Company OCT. But u better believe cookhouse food was the bestest almost restaurant standard when he was there. Have to post in the best cooks to make it happen.
Ok historian. Hsien Yang?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Was coming to that....you beat me to it. The cookhouse food, became, almost restaurant standard, even the chief of.... would envy, for during the chief...time, he never had such good food, until....the 'special volunteer' came in..ha ha ha

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Was coming to that....you beat me to it. The cookhouse food, became, almost restaurant standard, even the chief of.... would envy, for during the chief...time, he never had such good food, until....the 'special volunteer' came in..ha ha ha

Looks like we are around the same time in SAF then, hehehehehe, Same thing for his brother Yang too. And lets not forget the mandatory lights out at 10pm, so the princes could get their beauty sleep. Of course today, lights out at 10pm is SOP for our guniang NSmen, But in those days, lights out before 2am was a rarity.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Ok historian. Hsien Yang?

Hsien Yang food ada better then Hsien Loong. Yang unit got no muslims, so cook house was chinese or indian. But the Officers Mess at 46 SAR was run by private contractor and so was the canteen, during Yang's time as CO there. The private contractors were chosen for their high quality. In fact, some of the food I had at 46SAR canteen, I never had it as good since. There was a stall selling curry puff (surprisingly malay version, sold by malay machik when the whole camp had no malays). It was so good. I never had it so good since then. Certainly at least hawker centre standard or better. The cookhouse food was also good. Indian cookhouse was especially better since they made it in small batches, Normally, the Indian intent for feeding is no more then 20 personnel. So, they almost did like home cooking.

that reminds me. Every time I saw Yang at 46 SAR, he had an entourage. usually around half dozen officers, ranked Capt or higher. They followed him every where. I am sure one or more were his SO. But I always wondered how that fucking unit got so much chiakliaobee officers to spare. Can shake leg and follow him around like lost puppy dogs. To his credit, he looked embarrassed to have all these hangers on around him, and I am sure he never requested it. Those fuckers always gave me that look as though I was going to steal him from them.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

COs can order the cooks to whip up any dish with the existing ingredients.....as if like eating Zhi Char stall. Not luxury fare but if cook is innovative and creative then can get variety of nice dishes.