• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are Indian Ministers gaining the confidence of LHL?

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Listen here, your comments are getting abusive and downright rude. If you want to have a fruitful discussion I suggest you refrain from calling members here fuckers and talking about shit. If you have disagreements or object to others' opinions it is not necessary to to talk gutter language. Be sensible if you want your opinions to be considered seriously.

"Listen here?" Are you fucking kidding me? You think this is some soap drama series? I see no point in respecting PAP dogs who twist and turn and spread misinformation. Despite your politically correct language, you stepped up and said Tharman is good. OK... please explain why and quote some reasonable sources so we can verify. If I am wrong, I am happy to apologize. From what I have observed, I see no basis in stating he is good. My examples have been stated earlier.

Here is my suggestion, if you want to be taken seriously, stop regurgitating popular opinion and start thinking critically for once. In gutter language, pull your finger out of your arse. You sound like a crybaby from your comments. Learn to stop suckling on your mothers old tits. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Here is a big morning fuck you and wake up your idea.

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Listen here?" Are you fucking kidding me? You think this is some soap drama series? I see no point in respecting PAP dogs who twist and turn and spread misinformation. Despite your politically correct language, you stepped up and said Tharman is good. OK... please explain why and quote some reasonable sources so we can verify. If I am wrong, I am happy to apologize. From what I have observed, I see no basis in stating he is good. My examples have been stated earlier.

Here is my suggestion, if you want to be taken seriously, stop regurgitating popular opinion and start thinking critically for once. In gutter language, pull your finger out of your arse. You sound like a crybaby from your comments. Learn to stop suckling on your mothers old tits. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Here is a big morning fuck you and wake up your idea.

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

You remind me of alibabasingaporetheif

serenditpity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi..!

Agree on VB. But given that he deserved marching orders and Ministers with better performance got the boot, VB's staying though demoted needs to be taken into account. Shanmugam may have brought in for Jayakumar but he catapulted from backbencher to Minister status and now with 2 portfolios in record time. No grooming for him :smile:

Not sure if that is indeed the case. Look at Viv B. People junior to him have got plumb posts including newbies. Even Lui who was acting has got Transport.

Tharman indeed is a performer.

Shanmugam was brought in as a replacement for Jayakumar to maintain quota. Iswaran progress has been rather slow.

What is interesting is that all Indian cabinet ministers except for two in Singapore's 52 year history have non Indian spouses. That beats all all odds statistics wise. Even the one of the two exception was screwing a non_indian. That leaves one - the more boring of them all - Jayakumar.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
u really hv no clue what u r talking viz Shan as a legal eagle...n i say this as no fan of shan...although a late bloomer, i gather he was not outstanding in RI...however i think he found his true calling when he entered law school...got a first(when it was generally considered harder to get one)...was actually pulled over to A&G while he was in drew & napier by the king of coporate law, lucien wong when lucien went over to a&G fm d&n...n things just progressed fm there...personally i dont think shan comes across as a polished advocate probably becoz of his thick tamil accent...but his forte lies in his razor sharp brain, cunning tactics/strategy n impressive cross examination skills...pls dont continue n make a fool of yrself in this regard...

Also, just to contribute on Shanmugam... He was working in Allen&Gledhill. Wouldn't it help the firm to have an MP as one of the partners? Its a self-reinforcing situation. His MP post helps his career/firm, which promotes him quickly within the inner echelons of A&G, which in turn helps his political profile. Which judge wants to rule against A&G, former firm of the Law Minister? Of course he is considered a top lawyer in this part of the world. Please, even if he pang sai, the senior associates of A&G also spread on their bread like kaya and say it is nice.

serenditpity

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have some news for you. The IMH is running a medical camp next week.

I really feel like vomitting when I read some of these responses. Nobody has bothered to explain why this Tharman does a good job except that he is an obedient PAP dog. Yet some are praising him saying he will be the next IMF chairman. Yet, is the appointment of IMF chairman the result of politics or ability? And some fucker is saying he can go advise governments and banks after IMF. Please lah, advise them what har? How to run their economy? How to borrow from IMF? And here is some old news. Old Lee likes people he can control. If Tharman becomes IMF chairman (big IF), how comfortable do you think Lee will be?

How come PAP dogs like to smell their own backside and say nice smell ah??? Cannot identify why Lanjiaotao Tharman is doing a good job but insist he is good and start congratulating each other for having a good minister for a bargain? No wonder Vivian "anakin" Balakrishnan can claim he underspend rather than overspend YOG budget. I just poke my finger into my backside and smell... Still smelly ley...

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually i think vivian is darn happy he did not get transport...this ministry is v much a poison chalice...saying that i agree that it appears that he has been sidelined...probably pitched for MFA n MOH...but got garbage n piss/shit newater instead...i wld not be surprised if vivian leaves the cabinet by the end of the term either pull or push...funnily enuff i bumped into him n his family over the weekend n he sure looked relaxed n quite happy...so i think he has reconciled himself to the latest political dynamics...probably helped by his charming attractive wife...cant believe she has had 4 children n still looks so good!...

tharman is indeed a performer...also strikes me as a teflon man as well...appears to hv learnt well fm his dad in this regard who i gather was savvy n shrewd when he was a prof at local medical faculty...

shan safe pair of hands

iswaran...u r rt progress appears slow...actually tot he had missed the boat...

yr last pt is indeed curious n interesting...in fact i recall this issue was raised by that johnny chap at the old SBF...

Not sure if that is indeed the case. Look at Viv B. People junior to him have got plumb posts including newbies. Even Lui who was acting has got Transport.

Tharman indeed is a performer.

Shanmugam was brought in as a replacement for Jayakumar to maintain quota. Iswaran progress has been rather slow.

What is interesting is that all Indian cabinet ministers except for two in Singapore's 52 year history have non Indian spouses. That beats all all odds statistics wise. Even the one of the two exception was screwing a non_indian. That leaves one - the more boring of them all - Jayakumar.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
u really hv no clue what u r talking viz Shan as a legal eagle...n i say this as no fan of shan...although a late bloomer, i gather he was not outstanding in RI...however i think he found his true calling when he entered law school...got a first(when it was generally considered harder to get one)...was actually pulled over to A&G while he was in drew & napier by the king of coporate law, lucien wong when lucien went over to a&G fm d&n...n things just progressed fm there...personally i dont think shan comes across as a polished advocate probably becoz of his thick tamil accent...but his forte lies in his razor sharp brain, cunning tactics/strategy n impressive cross examination skills...pls dont continue n make a fool of yrself in this regard...

Please go and eat shit. Senior positions in law firms are dependent on bringing in clients. What razor sharp brain, cunning tactic/strategy n impressive cross examination skills... Watch too much TV drama is it?

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tharman's was OSA case, investigated by ISD. Don't recall any CPIB probe against Tharman that was made public.

Yes, and that Serenpidity claims to have heard it was CPIB indictment from corridors of power. More like coriander powder. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am surprised that little clown prince place a couple of malays in the defence portfolios. Wasn't he the one that uttered something about not placing our malays in a position where their loyalty to their religion and country is in question. So does that mean these malays ministar with defence portfolio will now be able to assess sensitive information that might put their faith to the test again.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, u r right. I stand corrected.

hahaha...u better correct yourself 1 more time......
he was charged under OSA....he challenged and was subsequently charged under negligence....he challenged but was convicted...
since it was not proven in court that he leaked out the "figures" on purpose.....he was still able to get back on track and the rest is history......

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
he was charged under OSA....he challenged and was subsequently charged under negligence....he challenged but was convicted...
since it was not proven in court that he leaked out the "figures" on purpose.....he was still able to get back on track and the rest is history......

lucky Indian

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Some of the key personnel who interviewed/interrogated him are still in service. Back then, I heard there were 2 camps on Tharman's case. One camp wanted overt investigation and thereafter, if sufficient evidence, court prosecution. The other camp was in favour of just internal action - warning. Can't recall the micro details.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Most civil servants would be 'concluded for filing' in terms of career, upon court conviction. Tharman is lucky - LHL is on his side.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most civil servants would be 'concluded for filing' in terms of career, upon court conviction. Tharman is lucky - LHL is on his side.

hahaha...bro GD, yes tharman's case is rather unique....
however in life, it is hard to say whether u are lucky or not...
his life would certainly have been different had he left public service after the conviction....
but then who are we to know if he would not have been better off in private sectors.

take the case ofLim CO...he was a 1term Ministar...deemed CMI.......
however he went on to become CEO of Kep Corp drawing annual salary of $4 to $10mil.