• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are Indian Ministers gaining the confidence of LHL?

serenditpity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, heard this from the corridors of power late last night:

Indian Ministers are slowly getting into the inside circle of LHL, partly driven by their performance and their objectivity.

Tharman's case needs no substantiation. For someone who was indicted by the CPIB, his ascendancy to DPM and holding 2 key portfolios has been fast and spectacular. I think the credit for Singapore weathering the global economic crisis without taking credit and making a big issue of it, I think his promotion is well deserved.

Shanmugam has moved to MFA and MOL. Shanmugam was drafted into the cabinet after the Mas Selamat fiasco by WKS. Rumor has it that despite his personal life (apparently he was divorced due to an affair and re-married at short notice) not being the perfect, he not only became a Minister directly from a backbencher but also stepped into GY's shoes. Few people seem to have noticed his quick ascendancy.

Iswaran has a good back office portfolio and has LHL's confidence though his portfolio remains inconspicuous.

Even VB (who was on the retirement list though he thought he would make it MOH) hasn't done badly. He still continues to be in the cabinet.

Hope the discussion doesn't turn racist and people post more objective comments :smile:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tharman>> very good performance the best in the cabinet
Shamugan>> so so only no conribution not big mistake
Iswaran>> ???? what can he do ---need to see how he manage after this
Vivian Bala>> performance so bad still have chance! phui ( people spit on his face)

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Seren

Errrr :_)) do u notice all the Indians are new, not established or has not had the opportunity to establish competing power bases in parliament over an extended tenure. VB was revealing in his description of cabinet meetings and discussions in an interview during the GE. The take away from the observation was that they this current generation of ministers hardly mixes or talk with each other outside of cabinet. If first amongst equals is a principle of Westminister democracy. this current generation is very different from the kitchen cabinet at oxley where they were all friends first comrades second. The notion of friendship hardly extends to this cabinet.

Locke

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can't agree about VB. He has by all measures been demoted. My guess is that he'll be out of the cabinet by 2016.

Last edited:

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like to understand what does good job done by Tharman mean? Steer us through the financial crisis? Is Temasek and GIC not entities appointed by MOF? Did they not make major losses during the financial crisis? The Singapore dollar is quasi-pegged to US dollar.... Is the US dollar not falling? Looking at the commodities basket, has the SGD purchasing power strengthened? So given our "immense reserves", shouldn't our SGD be much stronger? So what is weathering the financial crisis har? Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia also "weathered" through the crisis wor... Like that, called good job?

All i can say is what is happening within Cabinet is not unlike private sector. Once you have one Ah Neh, the next year you have 10 and the following year, 100. They hire their own kind, protect their own kind despite whether or not, they are competent. I would like to compare them to rats but that's unfair to the rodents. They are like a termite infestation. Before long, the house collapses and its too late to do anything.

Here's a tip, stay the hell away from DBS shares. Share price higher than UOB a few years ago, now cannot even smell the backside of WCY. Does UOB have a termite infestation?

Last edited:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, heard this from the corridors of power late last night:

Indian Ministers are slowly getting into the inside circle of LHL, partly driven by their performance and their objectivity.

I do not believe Ah Nehs have better brains than Ah Tiong!

............better tongue twisting obviously.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like to understand what does [
All i can say is what is happening within Cabinet is not unlike private sector. Once you have one Ah Neh, the next year you have 10 and the following year, 100. They hire their own kind, protect their own kind despite whether or not, they are competent. I would like to compare them to rats but that's

........... like Jayakumar brought in Shanmugam who in turn brought in Vikram Nair.......QED

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
[
Iswaran has a good back office portfolio and has LHL's confidence though his portfolio remains inconspicuous.

This bloke got us screwed by Shiniwatra!!!!!!!!! Big Time!

Even VB (who was on the retirement list though he thought he would make it MOH) hasn't done badly. He still continues to be in the cabinet.

This Keling fucked up YOG big time & still draws his super pay. What else did he do right? Carry balls?Hope the discussion doesn't turn racist and people post more objective comments :smile:[/QUOTE]

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Local Indian population in Singapore is about 5% . They gain more ministers post in % more than Malay and are more powerful and important post. Malay in charge of sport/MICA....... not related to economy.
Either prove that Indian MPs are smarter than Malay MPs.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can't agree about VB. He has by all measures been demoted. My guess is that he'll be out of the cabinet by 2006.

Are you going back to the future? or forward? It is now 2011, how could he be out by 2006?? 2006 B.C.??

Last edited:

serenditpity

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you should know that the FM cannot interfere with GIC or Temasek. The FM doesn't manage national reserves.

The S$ is managed by MAS and not by the MoF.

I think you should get your facts right.

I like to understand what does good job done by Tharman mean? Steer us through the financial crisis? Is Temasek and GIC not entities appointed by MOF? Did they not make major losses during the financial crisis? The Singapore dollar is quasi-pegged to US dollar.... Is the US dollar not falling? Looking at the commodities basket, has the SGD purchasing power strengthened? So given our "immense reserves", shouldn't our SGD be much stronger? So what is weathering the financial crisis har? Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia also "weathered" through the crisis wor... Like that, called good job?

All i can say is what is happening within Cabinet is not unlike private sector. Once you have one Ah Neh, the next year you have 10 and the following year, 100. They hire their own kind, protect their own kind despite whether or not, they are competent. I would like to compare them to rats but that's unfair to the rodents. They are like a termite infestation. Before long, the house collapses and its too late to do anything.

Here's a tip, stay the hell away from DBS shares. Share price higher than UOB a few years ago, now cannot even smell the backside of WCY. Does UOB have a termite infestation?

serenditpity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, you are right.

Dear Seren

Errrr :_)) do u notice all the Indians are new, not established or has not had the opportunity to establish competing power bases in parliament over an extended tenure. VB was revealing in his description of cabinet meetings and discussions in an interview during the GE. The take away from the observation was that they this current generation of ministers hardly mixes or talk with each other outside of cabinet. If first amongst equals is a principle of Westminister democracy. this current generation is very different from the kitchen cabinet at oxley where they were all friends first comrades second. The notion of friendship hardly extends to this cabinet.

Locke

serenditpity

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW, Jaya didn't bring in Shanmugam. He was brought in directly by LHL. As I said in the original post, Shanmugam went through a marriage quickly to qualify. Just accept the fact that Indians can be smart. Shanmugam along with Bayi are the best lawyers in this part of the world. No one comes close.

I like to understand what does [
All i can say is what is happening within Cabinet is not unlike private sector. Once you have one Ah Neh, the next year you have 10 and the following year, 100. They hire their own kind, protect their own kind despite whether or not, they are competent. I would like to compare them to rats but that's

........... like Jayakumar brought in Shanmugam who in turn brought in Vikram Nair.......QED