• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are Indian Ministers gaining the confidence of LHL?

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW, Jaya didn't bring in Shanmugam. He was brought in directly by LHL. As I said in the original post, Shanmugam went through a marriage quickly to qualify. Just accept the fact that Indians can be smart. Shanmugam along with Bayi are the best lawyers in this part of the world. No one comes close.

Fucking frog in well! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Don't kong jiao wei lah!

Have you ever been to the United States?

The top lawyers are all White Americans

Simi Indians?????????? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Fuck off :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Here's a list of top criminal defense lawyers

Tell me which one is Ah Neh?????????????????????

1. Carol Elder Bruce
Washington, DC K&L Gates www.klgates.com
2. Eliot Lauer
New York Curtis, Mallet-Prevost,
Colt & Mosle www.cm-p.com
3. Stephen S. Cowen
Atlanta
King & Spalding www.kslaw.com
4. Stephen L. Braga
Washington, DC Ropes & Gray www.ropesgray.com
5. Joseph L. Barloon
Washington, D.C. Skadden, Arps, Slate,
Meagher & Flom www.skadden.com
6. Thomas Pollack
Los Angeles Irell & Manella www.irell.com
7. Lawrence Lustberg
Newark Gibbons www.gibbonslaw.com
8. Jeffrey D. Colman
Chicago Jenner & Block www.jenner.com
9. Robert L. Ullmann
Boston Nutter, McClennen & Fish www.nutter.com
10. Charles Lembcke
Jacksonville, FL
Charles B. Lembcke, PA www.cbllaw.com

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't kong jiao wei lah!

1. Carol Elder Bruce
2. Eliot Lauer
3. Stephen S. Cowen
Atlanta
4. Stephen L. Braga
5. Joseph L. Barloon
6. Thomas Pollack
7. Lawrence Lustberg
8. Jeffrey D. Colman
9. Robert L. Ullmann
10. Charles Lembcke
Jacksonville, FL

Please la do a list of Singapore ranking.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please la do a list of Singapore ranking.

Ah Neh can only do well in Singapore because the Chinese sucks at speaking or writing English
If Ah Nehs are that good, why can't they do well in America??????

Isn't that the truth?
Haha :biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you should know that the FM cannot interfere with GIC or Temasek. The FM doesn't manage national reserves. The S$ is managed by MAS and not by the MoF. I think you should get your facts right.

Why don't YOU get your facts right and read before you post? As a fund of funds manager, if the particular fund is not performing well, do you not request to change your holdings within the fund OR at the very least, change the fucking portfolio manager? So rain or shine, we are stuck with GIC/Temasek but we cannot insist on a change of management? We have a minister that practises see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil?

Here have a look at the fucking MAS website.
http://www.mas.gov.sg/about_us/mgt_structure/Board_and_Management.html

So as the fucking Minister of Finance, what does he really do if he "cannot" interfere with GIC/Temasek, cannot manage reserves? And since he cannot do fuck all, how can we say he does a good job? Do a good job by not doing anything? Isn't this typical fucked up PAP political speak???? He do a good job but he cannot interfere or manage anything.... How the hell does this make sense????

Here's a tip for our good job MOF minister. If GIC/Temasek are not doing a "good job", expose them and ask them to implement real changes and measure the effects of those changes. Why are we still "pegged" to the USD when the US government is in danger of defaulting on its debts? If we "have" to be pegged as an export orientated economy, please highlight the ramifications of pegging to a rapidly deflating currency to the entire population, particular those who are stuck with holding SGD denominated assets either through their HDB or CPF holdings.

Last edited:

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Karma

I would put it to you another way. Though GIC and Temasek are under the control of MOF, they remain at best independent entities directly under the control of the PM through appointee's and chairmanships. Tharman good as he is has to steer both the Finance and Manpower and DPM portfolios. I would not expect him to be able to actively manage both GIC and Temasek. If the PM decides that those appointments are made by him then it remains his call rightly or wrongly. T

The reason why we remain pegged to the US dollar is the same reason why the rest of the world keeps on buying US debt. The world trades in US dollars.

Locke

Why don't YOU get your facts right and read before you post? As a fund of funds manager, if the particular fund is not performing well, do you not request to change your holdings within the fund OR at the very least, change the fucking portfolio manager? So rain or shine, we are stuck with GIC/Temasek but we cannot insist on a change of management? We have a minister that practises see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil?

So as the fucking Minister of Finance, what does he really do if he "cannot" interfere with GIC/Temasek, cannot manage reserves? And since he cannot do fuck all, how can we say he does a good job? Do a good job by not doing anything? Isn't this typical fucked up PAP political speak???? He do a good job but he cannot interfere or manage anything.... How the hell does this make sense????

Here's a tip for our good job MOF minister. If GIC/Temasek are not doing a "good job", expose them and ask them to implement real changes and measure the effects of those changes. Why are we still "pegged" to the USD when the US government is in danger of defaulting on its debts? If we "have" to be pegged as an export orientated economy, please highlight the ramifications of pegging to a rapidly deflating currency to the entire population, particular those who are stuck with holding SGD denominated assets either through their HDB or CPF holdings.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are talking AS IF the money in GIC/Temasek belongs to you

How much taxes have you paid your entire life???????????????????????????????????????

serenditpity

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you need some basic lessons in comprehension. I said Shanmugam is one of the best lawyers in this part of the world.

Don't kong jiao wei lah!

1. Carol Elder Bruce
2. Eliot Lauer
3. Stephen S. Cowen
Atlanta
4. Stephen L. Braga
5. Joseph L. Barloon
6. Thomas Pollack
7. Lawrence Lustberg
8. Jeffrey D. Colman
9. Robert L. Ullmann
10. Charles Lembcke
Jacksonville, FL

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you need some basic lessons in comprehension. I said Shanmugam is one of the best lawyers in this part of the world.

What backward thinking

If you want to compare, compare to the best in the world
Why sing the praises of some Indian lawyers in a tiny country? What have they achieved in the world-scale??????????
Why make comparisons in a 5 million population????????????? Dumb fuck

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
@Locke, thanks for the civil response. He is not expected to actively manage but when problems occur, wouldn't a proper person (i.e. non PAP dog) speak up or suggest management changes? In short, you are saying he is simply a place-holder, PAP dog passively allowing the continued mismanagement of our resources by the LEEgime. In short, you are saying he is simply a place-holder, PAP dog passively allowing the continued mismanagement of our resources by the LEEgime. This I totally agree. Which is why I want to know what is the meaning of "good job"? As a PAP dog, definitely he is doing a good job. Nathan also doing a good job mah.

@Ivebert: Thanks to efficient tax planning, I pay very little taxes unlike the losers who overwhelmingly voted PAP in the western region (Jurong, West Coast, CCK). You would find most people who can afford a tax consultant, will do so. I consider it my civic duty to contribute as little to the LEEgime as possible. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Also, just to contribute on Shanmugam... He was working in Allen&Gledhill. Wouldn't it help the firm to have an MP as one of the partners? Its a self-reinforcing situation. His MP post helps his career/firm, which promotes him quickly within the inner echelons of A&G, which in turn helps his political profile. Which judge wants to rule against A&G, former firm of the Law Minister? Of course he is considered a top lawyer in this part of the world. Please, even if he pang sai, the senior associates of A&G also spread on their bread like kaya and say it is nice.

Last edited:

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Are Indian Ministers gaining the confidence of LHL?"

With the poor showing and the public backslash never before seen, LHL would have use a guy who comes in potta dots and able to reverse the damages.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Don't kong jiao wei lah!

1. Carol Elder Bruce
2. Eliot Lauer
3. Stephen S. Cowen
Atlanta
4. Stephen L. Braga
5. Joseph L. Barloon
6. Thomas Pollack
7. Lawrence Lustberg
8. Jeffrey D. Colman
9. Robert L. Ullmann
10. Charles Lembcke
Jacksonville, FL

Actually, most of the top lawyers in the US are Jews. From your list above Cowen, Pollack, Lauer should be Jews.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

This is exactly why Tharm was promoted to so many portfolios. People don't understand that he has personally demonstrated loyalty to the Lees, and covered their backside. As Minister of Finance, when u have a company like Temasek that is 100% owned by your ministry, lose $billions in investments, and got conned by Thaksin, John Thain, etc. And u as minister don't even call for a full investigation and audit into their investment practices, or start firing people, than U are not doing your job as minister. Of course, he has to protect the backside of Whore Jinx. ANy other finance minister in the world would have fired that bitch for getting conned, losing all that $billions, and looking like a fucking mare. The same for GIC, another MOF entity. Of course, he sweeps everything under the carpet, or else Old Goat will fire his ass. He has proved to be a loyal dog that will cover up and be the sweeper for all the Lee mistakes.

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
These people are famous for "speak to impress" but without substance.

I am very worried Singapore might go down the road of South Asian standard of living.

I predict and suspect they are being used as postal boys roles to pave the way for the next president to be a Chinese.We have to show the World we are not the Third China especially China is growing at a threatening effects.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I think you should know that the FM cannot interfere with GIC or Temasek. The FM doesn't manage national reserves.

The S$ is managed by MAS and not by the MoF.

I think you should get your facts right.

u are such a retard, why don't u get your facts right first? MOF is the 100% owner of Temasek, and it cannot interfere? Are you stupid? Who did u think incorporated Temasek, funded it, collects money from it, etc. Its MOF. Same for GIC. The S$ is managed by MAS, but there is a minister in charge of the MAS. In the past, this minister in charge has been Tharm, GCT, or Lim Hng Kiang. If Tharm is in charge this time round, and Tharm is also MOF, than in fact they are controlled by the same people. In any case, MAS does not make policy in a vacuum, u can believe the co-ordinate with MOF. As far as National Reserves, if you don;t know what it is, don't talk about it.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear PAP

The essence of the argument remains how do you judge a PAP man in a PAP created system. Where does the buck stop with the PM and where does the buck stop with Tharmen. Who is more responsible for the lack of transparency and how much can Tharmen buck the system ?

Locke

This is exactly why Tharm was promoted to so many portfolios. People don't understand that he has personally demonstrated loyalty to the Lees, and covered their backside. As Minister of Finance, when u have a company like Temasek that is 100% owned by your ministry, lose $billions in investments, and got conned by Thaksin, John Thain, etc. And u as minister don't even call for a full investigation and audit into their investment practices, or start firing people, than U are not doing your job as minister. Of course, he has to protect the backside of Whore Jinx. ANy other finance minister in the world would have fired that bitch for getting conned, losing all that $billions, and looking like a fucking mare. The same for GIC, another MOF entity. Of course, he sweeps everything under the carpet, or else Old Goat will fire his ass. He has proved to be a loyal dog that will cover up and be the sweeper for all the Lee mistakes.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Dear PAP

The essence of the argument remains how do you judge a PAP man in a PAP created system. Where does the buck stop with the PM and where does the buck stop with Tharmen. Who is more responsible for the lack of transparency and how much can Tharmen buck the system ?

Locke

Tharm does not buck the system, and that is why he has all the portfolios that he has. If he did buck the system, he will not be where he is. The buck has to stop at the PM, it must, and probably if you are honest about it, it stops at Old Goat.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u are such a retard, why don't u get your facts right first? MOF is the 100% owner of Temasek, and it cannot interfere? Are you stupid? Who did u think incorporated Temasek, funded it, collects money from it, etc. Its MOF. Same for GIC. The S$ is managed by MAS, but there is a minister in charge of the MAS. In the past, this minister in charge has been Tharm, GCT, or Lim Hng Kiang. If Tharm is in charge this time round, and Tharm is also MOF, than in fact they are controlled by the same people. In any case, MAS does not make policy in a vacuum, u can believe the co-ordinate with MOF. As far as National Reserves, if you don;t know what it is, don't talk about it.

Being appointed both MAS Chairman and Minister of Finance is already a glaring conflict of interest.

serenditpity

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you have so much venom and toxicity inside you that reason won't permeate your consciousness.

I will just give you a hint and if your intelligence and interests gives you the freedom, you can find more details.

SWF in most countries (other than Middle east) are never managed by the MoF. They are managed independently and once the surplus is transferred to the SWF, it is the responsibility of the SWF to manage the investments. the MoF only is responsible for policy making, not for making specific investment decisions. If the SWF has lost money, blame it on the investment team. Even the Board cannot be made responsible.

In singapore's case the fall guy has to be Tony tan and Ho Ching. The FM is only a notional independent member of the Board, not on the executive team