• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any motorcycle enthusiasts in this forum ?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Does Bangkok allow bikes to travel on highways ? " Small highway, yes. Big highway, no. You can still cover a small distance but how are you going to get pass the tollway?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I must be older than you. :-) Mine was a Yamaha RD350 air-cooled.

Now is 2011 already. Get yourself a real man's bike: http://www.ducati.com

RD 350 is the LC type, right ?

Cost is a factor. Ducati and Aprila are way too expensive. Don't forget Thailand levy a 70% on big bikes that are not assembled in Thailand.

Now it's a straight fight between Ninja 250R and CBR 250R.

I always wonder what is that R at the back of each model for ?

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Get a vintage bike ... It's cool and you won't see it on the road that often .

My vintage bike bro.... cool rite? :biggrin:

attachment.php

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
RD 350 is the LC type, right ?

Cost is a factor. Ducati and Aprila are way too expensive. Don't forget Thailand levy a 70% on big bikes that are not assembled in Thailand.

Now it's a straight fight between Ninja 250R and CBR 250R.

I always wonder what is that R at the back of each model for ?

RD 350 is not the LC liquid cool type. RD 350 is the Original version, air-cooled. RD 350 LC came years after RD 350 Original Type. RD 350 LC was much more refined and much more powerful, but for the Yamaha Fans and Purists, there is only One 'RD,' and that is The Original. RD 350 Original also had conventional twin-shock absorber, and the refined RD 350 LC liquid-cool had monoshock shock absorber.

R means race or racing model. S means 'Sport' model.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
RD 350 is not the LC liquid cool type. RD 350 is the Original version, air-cooled. RD 350 LC came years after RD 350 Original Type. RD 350 LC was much more refined and much more powerful, but for the Yamaha Fans and Purists, there is only One 'RD,' and that is The Original. RD 350 Original also had conventional twin-shock absorber, and the refined RD 350 LC liquid-cool had monoshock shock absorber.

前輩 !:oIo::oIo::oIo:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I haven't been in touch with motorcycle products since the days of Yamaha TZR.

What would be a cool 400cc bike to get these days ?

Is Yamaha still producing new FZR ?

BMW n HONDA GOLDWING were my choices last time. now i m more into retro VESPA and own a very noisy LAMBRETTA.

you can see them in tcs serials feature olden days bikes. we loan them those bikes.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get a vintage bike ... It's cool and you won't see it on the road that often .

In Sg, that will be very very difficult. Just last month, I came across a guy on a 1970s CB750 - fully restored. Spoke to him saying I noticed his wheels - great job. He then told me about the trouble he took getting the parts and the hardest part - COE for a machine ovre twenty years old. Also said that once his current COE expires, he won't be able to renew it again. Don't know if it is true or not. Also, came across a 1973 Yamaha RD350A at a bike shop in Siglap - thing was completely mint - $7k, which I'd say is a steal.Haha, duirng the mid-eighties, I boght a good condition RD400 in USA for three hundred bucks!

Well, maybe on e day.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh, Krafty, you were a biker?

The Baby RD was a real cute beaute. Water-cooled, mag wheels, mini fairing, GP styling. I never had one but the first time I saw the bike was in 1977 (it wasn't sold in Sg yet, probably not even mass produced yet) at the Batu Tiga Grand Prix at Shah Alam in the Under 200cc Super Production bike race. The rider on this model won the race against street legal two strokes by the other main 125 cc bikes (Honda did not have anything fast for small bikes, Kawa did not have a 125 then, only Yam and Suzy). What was even more astonishing was when the rider took off his helmet, it wasn't a he - it was a blondie girl - I think a kiwi.

It came to be known as the Baby LC and I think it was one of the most popular bikes ever in Sg. Nice.

Cheers!

my 1st bike, RD LC 125:
yamaha-rd125-lc.jpg

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
RD - Race Developed.

So you got the giant-killer eh? They sure have a reputation, mind blowing acceleration. Rode my friend's once and on third gear, the front wheel came up when I accidentally over yanked the throttle. Sure was scary. I rode a Suzuki T250.

Cheers!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Its like a "must have" for the motor gangs during the old days. Some of my sec-4 repeat students ride the LC-kia to school and the girls are like waaaaa open flower.

Good old days.

The Baby RD was a real cute beaute. Water-cooled, mag wheels, mini fairing, GP styling. I never had one but the first time I saw the bike was in 1977 (it wasn't sold in Sg yet, probably not even mass produced yet) at the Batu Tiga Grand Prix at Shah Alam in the Under 200cc Super Production bike race. The rider on this model won the race against street legal two strokes by the other main 125 cc bikes (Honda did not have anything fast for small bikes, Kawa did not have a 125 then, only Yam and Suzy). What was even more astonishing was when the rider took off his helmet, it wasn't a he - it was a blondie girl - I think a kiwi.

It came to be known as the Baby LC and I think it was one of the most popular bikes ever in Sg. Nice.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its like a "must have" for the motor gangs during the old days. Some of my sec-4 repeat students ride the LC-kia to school and the girls are like waaaaa open flower.

Good old days.

You mean girls will drop their pants for men who ride bikes ?? Unlikely, unless she is a minah.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, an ex-biker. then, i'd work as despatch rider during holidays.

but my favourite bike is the Honda CB 750, i had Ohlins suspension and yoshimura pipe installed on that piece of monster. Very awakening...:wink: problem was when ROV inspection, have to go bike shop and change to original pipe...haha...
I remembered i sold it later to a japanese working in Batam, he had his gf, a sino-french(an ex-vietnamese) working in SLF, going around with me to do the paperwork to transfer name of the bike. sweet...

Cheers!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why 400cc? Licence 400cc below. If have full class 2 buy bigger cc eg. 600cc price not much different with S4.
Extra $2k can get extra 200cc more worth it.
There are few type of bike. What type u like eg. sport, naked, touring, dirt, chopper.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
That must have been a few years after my time - main difference was the licensing based on engine capacity (which I agree was a better thing). My time during the 70s - 16 years old pass Highway Code, just hang L plate (of course we didn't) and can ride any c.c. bike. 250s, 350s, 500s, some even had 750s!!! Second hand reconditioned bikes from Japan were cheap - well, many blokes just paid the downpayment and never bothered about the installment. The laws were full of loopholes. Bike theft (for parts) and insurance fraud were rampant. Weekend late night road racing were the thing to do. Just imagine - the cops were using CB550s, CB450s (designed as low maintenance commuter machines) - against these hightly powered machines! They got smart quick though and soon were equipped with Yamaha XS1100s, and one of my favorites - Yamaha Maxim 700 (DOHC inline four - shaft driven).

One Sat night (after I stopped riding - licence revoked) I was out with my gf going to a midnite show when there were at least 40 or 50 of these LC kias revving up on Beach Road, damn, that was quite a scene.

Cheers!

Good old days.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was your 750 a K model or F model? Either one, if you have kept it, it would be worth a lot these days (especially in US, UK).

Most of us then had to avoid the ROV, my friend had an RD350 - completely stock and was fined for smokey exhaust! WTF! He explained to the cops that it was two-stroke, burned engine oil, and naturally had blue smoke. But they just targeted him for the model.

Cheers!

yes, an ex-biker. then, i'd work as despatch rider during holidays.

but my favourite bike is the Honda CB 750, i had Ohlins suspension and yoshimura pipe installed on that piece of monster. Very awakening...:wink: problem was when ROV inspection, have to go bike shop and change to original pipe...haha...
I remembered i sold it later to a japanese working in Batam, he had his gf, a sino-french(an ex-vietnamese) working in SLF, going around with me to do the paperwork to transfer name of the bike. sweet...