• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any motorcycle enthusiasts in this forum ?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I haven't been in touch with motorcycle products since the days of Yamaha TZR.

What would be a cool 400cc bike to get these days ?

Is Yamaha still producing new FZR ?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not really a bike enthusiast. Used to ride Honda Click 110 cc scooter but just bought a Honda Scoopy-i 125 cc scooter last month. My previous bike was a semi-auto Honda Wave 125. These bikes are not the powerful ones but good enough for me to go short distance to buy cigarettes/beers or night snacks.

Not sure about BKK, but drivers/riders in Pattaya driving/riding habits quite bad. Yes, there are good drivers/riders but very rare in Pattaya. Also the road conditions quite dangerous for high speed riding. Driving is still OK but not riding. Max I will go here is 80km/hr on a bike even the bike can go faster.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't ride fast, but I just don't like the idea of a scooter. I want something more masculine looking.
What's your preference? Personally, I like scramblers but in Pattaya, scooters still easier to handle especially in the small sois and traffics jams. Also blends in well with the locals especially fixed a basket in the front. Real innocent looking, machiam coming back from market. Seldom singled out by MIB in road blocks. :smile:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i just bought a new bike...................

4,000 cc................V8 supercharged engine...................2-wheel drive.................traction control.............

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Get a vintage bike ... It's cool and you won't see it on the road that often .

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Get Honda super 4 .yamaha no more producing fzr.i would recommend you to get Yamaha tenere xt1200

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal

The TZR is a very rare bike in today's context, so are the RGVs and KR-1s. You may stand a better chance with the NSRs.

And if the TZR is your cup of tea, there really isn't any equivalent 400cc in the market. The 4 major Japanese manufacturers (Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Honda) do not manufacture sports bikes in the 250cc 2-stroke and 400cc category anymore.

Your best bet if you're restricted to 400cc bikes, is to consider 2nd hand or go for a commuter bike like the Honda CB and Yamaha XJR or Suzuki GSX.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's your preference? Personally, I like scramblers but in Pattaya, scooters still easier to handle especially in the small sois and traffics jams. Also blends in well with the locals especially fixed a basket in the front. Real innocent looking, machiam coming back from market. Seldom singled out by MIB in road blocks. :smile:

I prefer a sports bike to chopper. I want something with a full fairing (not sure if I got the spelling right).

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The TZR is a very rare bike in today's context, so are the RGVs and KR-1s. You may stand a better chance with the NSRs.

And if the TZR is your cup of tea, there really isn't any equivalent 400cc in the market. The 4 major Japanese manufacturers (Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Honda) do not manufacture sports bikes in the 250cc 2-stroke and 400cc category anymore.

Your best bet if you're restricted to 400cc bikes, is to consider 2nd hand or go for a commuter bike like the Honda CB and Yamaha XJR or Suzuki GSX.

This one is chio...but 600 cc a bit scary, wonder if fuel consumption exceeds a 1.3L car.
Blue_2006_YZFR6.jpg

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thailand imposes 70% tax on motorbikes not assembled in the Kingdom. The only manufacturer who assembles big bikes in Thailand is Kawasaki.

My choice is now limited to Kawasaki.

Any one familiar with Kawasaki bikes ?

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't ride fast, but I just don't like the idea of a scooter. I want something more masculine looking.

I prefer a sports bike to chopper. I want something with a full fairing (not sure if I got the spelling right).

This one is chio...but 600 cc a bit scary, wonder if fuel consumption exceeds a 1.3L car.
Blue_2006_YZFR6.jpg

If you are into full fairing bikes, well they are more on speed rather than masculine looks. If you are into naked or street bikes like CB 400, they do have the masculine look. Maybe the new suzuki bikes are better looking bikes without full fairing. I suggest you check out http://www.singaporebikes.com for a better view in this.

Cheers

Last edited:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Blue_2006_YZFR6.jpg

R6... Is technically a Track Bike... Very nimble and agile and of cos very Fast..

If your looking for a 400cc.. Just go for a Super 4..Either spec 2 or 3.. Go for spec 3..Looks beautiful esp with the sporty rear tail light plus its powerful and 2nd hand are fairly new.

Last edited:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your still looking for 400cc sportsbike.. Then your choice is limited to CBR 400 (Get L model) or RVF 400..

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my 1st bike, RD LC 125:
yamaha-rd125-lc.jpg

my 2nd bike, Suzuki Bandit 400:
250px-Bandit_1200.jpg

my 3rd bike, Honda CB 750:
20075C055C185Cbikepics-902787-320.jpg

my 4th bike, still looking for it, probably a scooter...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Go here to get indication of prices in Thailand - http://www.motorcycle.in.th/staticpages/index.php/Motorcycle-prices-in-Thailand

Not really a bike enthusiast. Used to ride Honda Click 110 cc scooter but just bought a Honda Scoopy-i 125 cc scooter last month. My previous bike was a semi-auto Honda Wave 125. These bikes are not the powerful ones but good enough for me to go short distance to buy cigarettes/beers or night snacks.

Not sure about BKK, but drivers/riders in Pattaya driving/riding habits quite bad. Yes, there are good drivers/riders but very rare in Pattaya. Also the road conditions quite dangerous for high speed riding. Driving is still OK but not riding. Max I will go here is 80km/hr on a bike even the bike can go faster.

Pattaya is quite famous for big bikes, I saw many with farangs on it and also many big bike shops rught?

I think Kawasaki sports bike now quite popular in Bangkok especailly the 250cc ninjas seeing more and more these days.

Thailand imposes 70% tax on motorbikes not assembled in the Kingdom. The only manufacturer who assembles big bikes in Thailand is Kawasaki.

My choice is now limited to Kawasaki.

Any one familiar with Kawasaki bikes ?

Bro KYP, I understand that quite a few Triumph models are also assembled in Thailand at its Chonburi plant.

I wish one day I could own and ride this bugger -

Honda Fury.jpg
Honda Fury

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, that's the website to look out motorbike information in LOS.

Many big bike shop in Pattaya, there's one directly opposite my apartment, specializing in imported bikes. Another one specializing in Harleys and custom choppers in Jomtien. For racing bikes, Sukhumvit Road has the most shops. These big bikes are mainly for the farangs and local ah sias. Average Thais will be happy with a Honda Wave. There are also big bikes available for rental in Pattaya if you want to try out the bike first before buying.

One good thing about these big bikes are they are not the target of motorcycle thefts. One, no market. Two, high chance MIB will stopped a big flashy bike if it is ridden by a local Thai beng (profile mismatch).

The cost of such big bikes can almost get a brand new entry level car or even reasonably good second hand car. You might as well get the Nissan Almera.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does Bangkok allow bikes to travel on highways ? In Taiwan, bikes and scooters are not allowed to use the highways.

Is 400 cc considered 'big' bike ?

Yes, Joe. Ninja is popular because Kawasaki big bikes are the only big bikes assembled in Thailand. If 400 cc is not classified as big bikes, and if Yamaha make their 250 cc and 400 cc bike in Thailand, then I have more choices.

The Ninja 250R pretty fits my profile, but I prefer Yamaha and Suzuki racer bikes designs.

w368h276_00000340443D5BBC.jpg