• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any Brother Here Know How To Disable Covert Satellite Tracking In A Phone

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
If yes, my friend John McAfee needs your help urgently!

Fugitive antivirus tycoon John McAfee asks Internet for advice on how to stop satellites tracking
his phone as he claims the authorities in Belize want to execute him.

The antivirus software mogul moved to Belize for lower taxes, has been in hiding since April following
a raid where Belize authorities accused him of manufacturing methamphetamine

Antivirus giant also prime suspect in death of his neighbor, Gregory Viant Faull, 52, who was found
dead on Sunday

Last edited:

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Use this lor imagesCASDAHIY.jpg

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
let me tell you as an ex-student who studied electronics and tele-communications, if the authority really want to trace you with your cellphone, there is no way that you can escape.:p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
let me tell you as an ex-student who studied electronics and tele-communications, if the authority really want to trace you with your cellphone, there is no way that you can escape.:p

hehehehehe me also Electronics & Communication my time they never teach me this leh.

Nanjing

Can we disable the phone from transmitting to the base stations?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
something to do with CELLS on the GSM network.

I AM RUSSIAN TRAINED...:rolleyes::biggrin::cool:

Aiyo krafty you know me, I'm much older so my time we only study radio wave and transmitters and vacuum tubes transistors and my time we don't even have computers so I have to admit me really old school type la. :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Take out the battery. Every electrical engineer worth his salt will tell you this.

Some tell me to use the old type of headphones instead of the new smartphones.....harder to pinpoint location.
I have special interest in this subject due to the nature of my trade.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some tell me to use the old type of headphones instead of the new smartphones.....harder to pinpoint location.
I have special interest in this subject due to the nature of my trade.

Boss, don't watch too many movies like enemy of the state. No one has that type of surveillance technology. Even if govt can triangulate your position from mobile phone, it is an approximation only, especially in built up area. The triangulation method can't tell if you are in the street level kopitiam or upstarts bonking a girl. Someone has to be physically trailing you to nail you properly.

This govt can't even find a limping terrorist escapee.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can we disable the phone from transmitting to the base stations?

Of course. It would be like there is no phone. Also even if they can locate which base station you are connect to, there are many other people connected to the same bs unless you are in a shopping centre where the cell size is smaller and the area of search is narrower and you are stupid to stay put in one place. Also they must have a good picture of you to pick you from the rest because it is not deterministic. The tracing takes some time, so keep moving.

Probably more accurate would be those iPhone applications that make use of GPS for locating family members and friends. You can try to frustrate this by switching off your wifi because inside an enclosed place, GPS does not work without help from wifi.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boss, don't watch too many movies like enemy of the state. No one has that type of surveillance technology. Even if govt can triangulate your position from mobile phone, it is an approximation only, especially in built up area. The triangulation method can't tell if you are in the street level kopitiam or upstarts bonking a girl. Someone has to be physically trailing you to nail you properly.

Don't be too sure. I read that the american gov't has pressured the phone manufacturers to include circuitry in their products that will allow them to pintpoint a phones position. The only way around this is to use older models before these chips was included.

Osama must have know this because he avoided electronic communication & only used human couriers for all communications.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are behind time. Geolocation is now commercially available and no longer constrained. Its now around 6 metres. Apples has "find friends" and there is raft of other similar apps.

Here is a another example and this is now in production. Say for example you bought a certain type of cardigan from a Dept store. You also have a store card with the dept store where your email or phone number or both have been provided. The following year, you are passing that store, geolofation picks you up before you pass the store, checks its database and immediately an imessage or sms hits your phone and offers a 20% of new range of cardigans.

In the old days, GPS/geolocation was limited to 20 mtrs amd during war it was duced to 6 m to allow smart bombs to hit targets.

The laws in many countries require all records including tracking record to be archived for certain period of time. These are typically not made available to law enforcement but to Intelligence.

He is another doozy - deleted SMS from a phone can still be extracted years later. Commercial firms that re-build hard drives due to accidental erasure or malfunction can do it.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I did some reading up and read this from like 4 years ago..,,,, so the technology is definitely here.....but guess only reserved for matters of national security like tracking opposition members....

Researchers at the Department of Defense and MIT recently developed a new tracking device that does not require the phone to be turned on anymore. This new technology no longer requires signals from towers, etc. for tracking. In the simplest terms, it uses satellite signals and electromagnetic radiation produced by sub-atomic particle interactions which can lock in each location for up to approximately 12 days. MIT is working on refining it to up to a month. Once it locks in on the phone, it can loop the whole system and trace every call and every location sent and received during the lifetime of the phone. All conversations that were made or received on that phone are transferred digitally onto a computer which reestablishes the conversations using the actual voices.Right now the technology is only available to the CIA and FBI terrorism divisions. The DEA has already requested it and approval is expected to be given within the next budget year. Eventually it will work it's way down to state agencies and police

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best way for him to get a phone without GPS chipset and stay off the grid.. However, there are still many way to track a phone like using the following technologies

1) radio frequency pattern-matching technology to accurately and reliably determine the location of any wireless device.
2) TDOA -Time Difference of Arrival which use triangulation of uplink signal received by the base station
3) Ecid- An enhance cellid position which use the Timing advance parameters available in GSM
4) RTT- Return Time Trip parameter available in UMTS

Most of the above technologies which used network-based solution will not have highly precision location if he is hiding in a rural area with few cell tower. Lastly , it is pretty stupid for him to ask this question in the internet especially when most public hotspots have fixed address and they are easily available in govt database and also in Google.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
some obviously don't know what they're talking about regarding gps and location precision. :rolleyes:

originally, in navstar, a.k.a gps, selective availability was turned on for civilian use and the pseudo-randomness of coords was around 100m precision. after s/a was turned off by potus order from clinton, precision improved to within 20m. further upgrades to navstar improved precision to within 1m. sub-meter and cm precision is still classified. however, in the 90s, me and my team were able to prove gps precision with radio relay differential assist from terrestrial beacons down to 1cm.

Last edited: