• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any Brother Here Know How To Disable Covert Satellite Tracking In A Phone

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those cm accuracy surveillance satellite systems are not GPS but are probably low orbital satellites used for land surveillance.

low earth orbit is 2000km. gps is on mid earth orbit (meo) or ico. the only leo sats i know that are still in operational service are those of iridium and globastar. i worked on both. :biggrin:

cm precision with gps requires terrestrial assist. surveyors have been using dgps for a long time with cm precision. however, more new gps iii sv's are being deployed, and more sv's will improve precision. right now, you'll notice an average of 9 "birds" at any one time on a sophisticated gps receiver. it's an improvement over 4 then 6 when i first tested it. now you know how old i am. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
low earth orbit is 2000km. gps is on mid earth orbit (meo) or ico. the only leo sats i know that are still in operational service are those of iridium and globastar. i worked on both. :biggrin:

cm precision with gps requires terrestrial assist. surveyors have been using dgps for a long time with cm precision. however, more new gps iii sv's are being deployed, and more sv's will improve precision. right now, you'll notice an average of 9 "birds" at any one time on a sophisticated gps receiver. it's an improvement over 4 then 6 when i first tested it. now you know how old i am. :biggrin:

We have to differentiate the function of the GPS satellite and ISR. GPS satellites just send out clock signals and information on the locations of the satellites to be analysed by GPS receivers on the ground e.g. a mobile phone with GPS. The location information is obtained from the receiver. The satellite does not receive any location information of receivers on the ground.

On the other hand an ISR satellite has cameras attached that capture images of the ground over it passes. Most spy satellites are at a low earth orbit of around 300 km to allow a reasonably detailed image. If you are talking about tracking a person and using face detection technology we are in fact talking about this type of satellites or even drones.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On the other hand an ISR satellite has cameras attached that capture images of the ground over it passes. Most spy satellites are at a low earth orbit of around 300 km to allow a reasonably detailed image. If you are talking about tracking a person and using face detection technology we are in fact talking about this type of satellites or even drones.

gps with terrestrial assist means ground receiver equipped with additional hardware and software that help correct and add redundancy to precision from terrestrial sources. there are some very precise measurements, mostly static, that cannot rely on gps alone. for example, dgps with terrestrial (coastal) reference beacons were already in use in the late 80s, early 90s to conduct geo-surveys of oil rig drilling locations in the gulf.

for satint, the technology is quickly being augmented by drones, sigint and humint as terrorist elements learn to "hide" from the birds so to speak within the last decade. :wink: