• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another TKL own goal

sharingan83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just when things were starting to get quiet, TKL emails Ravil Philemon

---The Email Exchange---
TKL: Ravi,I find that you are taking a stand against me. It is all right for you to support TCB but it is not necessary for you to post negative views about me. I refer to your podcast here and to a few articles that you have written. http://pdfcast.org/pdf/penalise-those-that-resign-early-says-tan-kin-lian

Ravi: Dear Mr Tan, thank you for this email, but I did not post negative views about you and neither is the podcast linked here my views. These were your own views and the views of another letter writer to the Today Newspaper in 2005. I merely linked your own views and the rebuttal you received for expressing those views on TOC's FB. If you deem that they are negative, they are not my making nor the making of TOC. I expressed my own views here on the 3 presidential hopefuls: http://www.raviphilemon.net/2011/06/why-dr-tan-cheng-bock-is-still-my.html, and I believe I did not make any disparaging remarks about you; and that my observations on you were fair. I personally feel that all voters, have got to know the views of the Presidential hopefuls better, to make an informed decision come voting day. Although at this moment I do have a leaning towards Dr Tan Cheng Bock, I do not know yet if I would support him for the Presidential election, because he has not gotten his COE yet. But even then, my leaning towards TCB is my own and not that of TOC's. TOC may put out an editorial on the candidate for the Presidential election once the COE has been issued. I also hope that this email is not an attempt at asking me (or TOC) to self-censor our views, opinions and reporting which you perceive may be harmful or damaging to your bid to be the next elected President of SIngapore.

TKL: You have posted a few negative and unfair views about me. I know that you support Tan Cheng Bock but it is not necessary for you to be hitting me - especially in this podcast - where I do not have the chance to give a reply.

Ravi: Mr Tan, now you are just making assertions without any basis whatsoever. As I have pointed out in my earlier reply, what I have posted is NOT my podcast, I have NOT posted any negative or unfair comments about you, neither do I have any intention of 'hitting' you. Unless you have some proof of this, I would suggest you not make baseless accusations such as this, which attacks me unfairly. If you wish, you may post this email exchange in its entirety on your blog and so have your chance to give a reply. Thanks.

TKL: I have said my piece and do not wish to engage you further on this matter.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ravi and TOC clearly have no clue the meaning of smearing. It does not matter if the facts are correct and truthful. As long as it puts anyone in bad light, it is asmear. Ravi and TOC should unconditionally apologise.

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
268018_244884275538000_100000492883350_1008610_5270272_n.jpg

"My supporter told me that a few people who are attacking me online are TCB supporters and are working as a group. I communicate TCB aide, and he told me that TCB has told his supporters to act honorably"

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Instead of canvassing for support he is busy fighting the small people (siow ren).
Like that how to handle big issues.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ravi and TOC clearly have no clue the meaning of smearing. It does not matter if the facts are correct and truthful. As long as it puts anyone in bad light, it is asmear. Ravi and TOC should unconditionally apologise.

I do not agree

TKL is now doing the smearing and is unable to produce actual evidence. Ravi and TOC would just reply but would and should not engage any further activity.

I would deduce TKL's intentuion is to come outright and prevent/ pre-empt anyone who would write things that would deem negative towards him. However, he could have done so closed-doors and not so openly. Thus, he just showed he is not one who is tolerant of simple comments.

Such a character has display he cannot and should be choosen for whatever office. he might be a good bootlicker in his younger days to get where he was, but he forgot that he will still need to lick more boots if he want to go further. too bad his ego is too much to handle.

sharingan83

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not agree

TKL is now doing the smearing and is unable to produce actual evidence. Ravi and TOC would just reply but would and should not engage any further activity.

I would deduce TKL's intentuion is to come outright and prevent/ pre-empt anyone who would write things that would deem negative towards him. However, he could have done so closed-doors and not so openly. Thus, he just showed he is not one who is tolerant of simple comments.

Such a character has display he cannot and should be choosen for whatever office. he might be a good bootlicker in his younger days to get where he was, but he forgot that he will still need to lick more boots if he want to go further. too bad his ego is too much to handle.

I think scroobal was taking the piss...

sharingan83

Alfrescian
Loyal
268018_244884275538000_100000492883350_1008610_5270272_n.jpg

"My supporter told me that a few people who are attacking me online are TCB supporters and are working as a group. I communicate TCB aide, and he told me that TCB has told his supporters to act honorably"

TKL going full derp here.

Last edited:

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember TKL on tv & radio,..promoting ntuc policies,...many years back.
He did go on commercial, promising, "unlimited upswing,..limited lossess" in his then promotion of ntuc-investment-linked policies,....
...can someone retrieve such advert clips, please ?

This is to show that this man, is only about show business ,...
Thamks

Last edited:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
TKL "supporter told him" that TCB supporter working as group to smear him? He got realise by say that without evidence, he is smearing TCB? Really sounds like a SDA Desmond "WP supporter threaten me" sob story and see what happen to SDA Desmond? TKL you really lose my vote.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, my usual attempt at sarcasm. I think it very clear why professional people who have had to deal with him over 3 decades have not stepped forward to say anything positive. Even Wong Wee Nam attempt seemed contrived. Can you imagine his staff conduct - they are unlikely to say anything that will upset him.

The pendulum is swinging from unknown to an idiot. Picking a fight Ravi and TOC , my god over something that has no basis. Even worse, despite the explanation, he still can't grasp it.

I do not agree

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite going to RI, he seemed to display poor command of the English language, poor comprehension skills and even poorer expressive skills. He's a real wash out. How can we ever have him on the same page as TT and TCB as a choice of Prez?

Bro, my usual attempt at sarcasm. I think it very clear why professional people who have had to deal with him over 3 decades have not stepped forward to say anything positive. Even Wong Wee Nam attempt seemed contrived. Can you imagine his staff conduct - they are unlikely to say anything that will upset him.

The pendulum is swinging from unknown to an idiot. Picking a fight Ravi and TOC , my god over something that has no basis. Even worse, despite the explanation, he still can't grasp it.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was wondering just that. There is also the claim that he came in second for the O levels. At that time they had to English and English Literature. In fact at that time, there is no such thing as an RI boy having a poor command of English.

I am puzzled.

Despite going to RI, he seemed to display poor command of the English language, poor comprehension skills and even poorer expressive skills. He's a real wash out. How can we ever have him on the same page as TT and TCB as a choice of Prez?

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal

RI produce top students with good english comprehension. Could it be that he never really went to RI. It seems that nobody ever heard or seen him in school(except for only 1 writer/doctor). Maybe somebody(only god knows who) told him that RI was a good school name to write into his resume.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro, my usual attempt at sarcasm.

New Nation must also apologize. They ran an article showing a not-so-glam image of TKL. That is a smear. New nation and TOC are hooligans. NO BIG NO SMALL!

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
RI produce top students with good english comprehension. Could it be that he never really went to RI. It seems that nobody ever heard or seen him in school(except for only 1 writer/doctor). Maybe somebody(only god knows who) told him that RI was a good school name to write into his resume.

He did attend RI but never really stood out as a student leader, more a studious plodder type...cannot remember his O level results but he was the second local guy to get the actuarial qualifications. AT Shimpi was the first if I am not mistaken.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
New Nation must also apologize. They ran an article showing a not-so-glam image of TKL. That is a smear. New nation and TOC are hooligans. NO BIG NO SMALL!

sounds like the attitude of a tyrant. can see why PAP never choose him as an MP. The guy might be a good bootlicker but a lousy team player.