• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another 'Guess the Race' ...

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
another 'guess the race' quizz ...

not the writer ... i mean the messy neighbor ... the writer is probably an indonesian PR and discussions abt her shd be kept to another thread ... :p :rolleyes:

ok, guess the race of the messy neighbor ...

ST Forum
Home > ST Forum > Story
Feb 6, 2010
All but the kitchen sink...

HOW much clutter should a family accept from their neighbours?

I have had to put up with neighbours in my Bedok North block who think nothing about littering in common spaces and have appropriated the front of the common corridor of their flat as a private yard. Here is a list of what I have found:

A shopping trolley;

Stacks of junk-filled boxes;

Cigarette butts, beer bottles and cans;

Graffiti on the walls, courtesy of the children;

Grease on the wall, courtesy of the older family members;

Toys, fishing rods and baskets;

Broken bicycles and bicycle parts;

Five bicycles spread out and obstructing the staircase;

Six bamboo poles with permanent stands; and

Mattresses and clothes hung over the parapet, pinned into place by a skateboard or stools.

It would be hilarious if it were not exasperating having to deal with such uncivic-mindedness and ineffectual town council sanctions.

Of greater concern is the fact that the clutter is a fire hazard and the skateboard and stools could easily turn into fatal missiles if they are accidentally knocked over the parapet.

The council has issued warning letters but nothing much has changed. So I have given up and asked a housing agent to find me a new home.

While I may have to sacrifice a home of 11 years, I hope this letter will spur the council to act effectively. Or worse may happen: The new home owners may not be as tolerant and hostility may result.

Veronica J. Zuzarte (Ms)

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
at 1st when i saw this - 'Mattresses and clothes hung over the parapet, pinned into place by a skateboard or stools' - i thought it was a certain race ...

and then there was also - 'beer bottles and cans' - so i thought maybe im wrong ...

:biggrin:

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
the indon lady won't be able to sell the flat easily ...

hey buyers, fear no more ! heres one resale unit with no COV ... or can really bargain ... :biggrin:

jonlatio

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the writer is a local Eurasian. There was a Eurasian schoolmate by that surname during my schooling days long ago.

Anyway, the lady is right about the stupud govt run Town Councils. I've complained to mine quite a few about a neighbour upstairs littering and all they said was they can only advise him not to do that. They asked me to call NEA to complain! I must make complain? Why couldn't that TC person do it herself?!

Last edited:

jonlatio

Alfrescian
Loyal
my bad...

(stupid bloody english language with their verbs and nouns and participles and preservatives.......)

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gasp! That was the surname of my very fierce primary school form teacher! I still get the shivers.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP govt too likes to play its own version of "guess which race" in matters pertaining to election strategy, ethnic quotas and more pertinently in eugenics and demographics.

For example, the low fertility rate and baby shortage (guess which race?) coupled with preferential treatment for grad mums who give birth (guess which race?) and the voluntary sterilization of lowly educated women/mothers (guess which race?) to ensure the dominance of a certain ethnic group. Guess which race?

Who says the PAP govt is a not reflection of the mass? The PAP and the "silent majority" truly deserve each other. :biggrin::p