• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anna

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They will renew passport even if you state that you hold a foreign nationality provided you are born a Singaporean, have no NS obligation or have completed your NS obligation, not a recipient of a govt subsidised programme such as HDB flat and longer reside in Singapore or work in Singapore for an extended period usually one year. Regular visits are fine.

The Minister has the right to give or take and he has power of delegation. There are also other factors that are considered such as family background.

Daphne is one chowka person despite her education. Greedy. Give up the hDB flat and get a private property and do not reside here. Reminds me of economic refugees in Europe who live off others and many of them are well educated professionals from Pakistan, China, India.That is why Asians are not treated well. Is it no surprise to read about people in Mercedes picking up free school text books.

Thanks for your great inputs.

If Daphne was allowed to renew her passport previously, was the ICA wrong to advise her that she has to renounce her SG citizenship?

From your experience, would you like to hazard a guess whether Daphne will get her renewed visa or MHA will just ignore her letter?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Daphne is one chowka person despite her education. Greedy. Give up the hDB flat and get a private property and do not reside here. Reminds me of economic refugees in Europe who live off others and many of them are well educated professionals from Pakistan, China, India.That is why Asians are not treated well. Is it no surprise to read about people in Mercedes picking up free school text books.

Daphne has only a HDB flat, not a private property

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
ohhh...do u mean to say that Daphne doesnt have to renounce her SG citizenship despite what the ICA staff and her supervisor told Daphne? Is that why TCH and the MHA are not replying to Daphne?

Under the law, if Daphne is holding a Aussie PR status and a Singapore Citizenship,she is not holding dual citizenship as PR status aint citizenship.

so if the officers at ICA say she is holding dual citizenship and even demand she renounce Singapore Citizenship, they must show proof or otherwise, they cannot deny her rights as a Singapore Citizen to hold a Singapore passport.

I suspect there are some facts not revealled here. ICA officers wont be so bold to ask anyone to renounce their citizenship unless they are ready to get sacked.

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
good point...thank you for sharing your viewsa nd wealth of experience.

i see much of these in australia too...one friend was sick and the neighbours called to say when was a good time for them to come over to visit? and when they visited, it was not a social nor just friendly call...they came to help her clean her house!

I am living in Oz now. A couple of weeks ago, I also experience a bit of Aussie hospitality. My car broke down on a highway as my family and I were on our way back from late night shopping on a Thursday. I called the RAC (like the AAS in SG) for help, but they said it would take a couple of hours to respond as they were responding to many calls that night. As the weather was pretty cold that night (went down to 6° C), I was worried about how long we were going to be stuck on the road.

I stood outside the car and waited for the RAC truck to arrive. 5 mins into waiting, an Aussie couple stopped and asked if we needed help. I replied thanks, but we were already waiting for the RAC, so it was ok. The guy replied that it it was dangerous for the family to be sitting in the car whilst it was on the highway - as another vehicle might crash into. I saw that the guy made sense. Then the guy offered to send my family back home to whilst I waited for the RAC truck to come, as it was too cold for my kids to stand outside. I gratefully accepted his offer, and the couple drove my family back to our house, and my wife phoned me a short while later to inform me they arrived safely.

Whilst I was waiting for the RAC for about another one and a half hours, no fewer than 7 cars and 1 motorbike stopped by to offer me help, and try to push my car to the kerb (it was stuck in Park and we could not change to Neutral gear to push it).

One guy even stopped his SUV, turned got out jumper cables and tried jumpstarting my car from his own car battery. Unfortunately we did not manage to get the car started but the effort really touched me.

Finally the RAC turned up and managed to get me moving... but the incident made me realise that how fortunate I was.

I have experienced getting into accidents in Singapore before, but the only people who stopped by then were the cowboy tow trucks trying to get me towed to their carrot-chopping workshops.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Under the law, if Daphne is holding a Aussie PR status and a Singapore Citizenship,she is not holding dual citizenship as PR status aint citizenship.

so if the officers at ICA say she is holding dual citizenship and even demand she renounce Singapore Citizenship, they must show proof or otherwise, they cannot deny her rights as a Singapore Citizen to hold a Singapore passport.

I suspect there are some facts not revealled here. ICA officers wont be so bold to ask anyone to renounce their citizenship unless they are ready to get sacked.

Read my post#1...Daphne has an Australian citizenship.

Daphne's point is, she has a birthright to be a Singapore citizen and she is not gg to give in to ICA's demand for her to renounce her SG citizenship nor sell her HDB flat

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am living in Oz now. A couple of weeks ago, I also experience a bit of Aussie hospitality. My car broke down on a highway as my family and I were on our way back from late night shopping on a Thursday. I called the RAC (like the AAS in SG) for help, but they said it would take a couple of hours to respond as they were responding to many calls that night. As the weather was pretty cold that night (went down to 6° C), I was worried about how long we were going to be stuck on the road.

I stood outside the car and waited for the RAC truck to arrive. 5 mins into waiting, an Aussie couple stopped and asked if we needed help. I replied thanks, but we were already waiting for the RAC, so it was ok. The guy replied that it it was dangerous for the family to be sitting in the car whilst it was on the highway - as another vehicle might crash into. I saw that the guy made sense. Then the guy offered to send my family back home to whilst I waited for the RAC truck to come, as it was too cold for my kids to stand outside. I gratefully accepted his offer, and the couple drove my family back to our house, and my wife phoned me a short while later to inform me they arrived safely.

Whilst I was waiting for the RAC for about another one and a half hours, no fewer than 7 cars and 1 motorbike stopped by to offer me help, and try to push my car to the kerb (it was stuck in Park and we could not change to Neutral gear to push it).

One guy even stopped his SUV, turned got out jumper cables and tried jumpstarting my car from his own car battery. Unfortunately we did not manage to get the car started but the effort really touched me.

Finally the RAC turned up and managed to get me moving... but the incident made me realise that how fortunate I was.

I have experienced getting into accidents in Singapore before, but the only people who stopped by then were the cowboy tow trucks trying to get me towed to their carrot-chopping workshops.

Thanks for the sharing. Have Singaporeans lost their souls?

when I was in NUS, some students will hide red-spot books so that others dont get their hands on the books

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
exists in SBF? how?

i fell sick many times, in fact died three times. some kind brothers came and gave me oxygen and revived me. some knew that i am not a nuisance here and i am not that psychotic...they are kind and forgiving...they even come to my private homes and assist me...that is most encouraging and most inspiring....thank you.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i fell sick many times, in fact died three times. some kind brothers came and gave me oxygen and revived me. some knew that i am not a nuisance here and i am not that psychotic...they are kind and forgiving...they even come to my private homes and assist me...that is most encouraging and most inspiring....thank you.

unbelieveable!!!

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
so Daphne can hold on to her SG citizenship and also her australian citizenship?

So you think Uncle TCH would bother with that? Oh yes, and write back to her and say "ok, permission granted". Even camping outside her MP's house and pleading gives a higher chance. She must have been away too damn long from Sg.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Not a fair statement. I had met with several accidents here in Singapore and I am happy to note that there are many people who came to offer me assistance.

The tow trucks will only come when I call them for assistance. They will not tow me to their carrot-chopping workshops.

I am very proud of those Singaporeans who came to my assistance.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So you think Uncle TCH would bother with that? Oh yes, and write back to her and say "ok, permission granted". Even camping outside her MP's house and pleading gives a higher chance. She must have been away too damn long from Sg.

welll, Daphne has written to TCH..The ball is in ICA's court

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not a fair statement. I had met with several accidents here in Singapore and I am happy to note that there are many people who came to offer me assistance.

The tow trucks will only come when I call them for assistance. They will not tow me to their carrot-chopping workshops.

I am very proud of those Singaporeans who came to my assistance.

glad that you had some pleasant experiences. that show that there are some kind souls in SG

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Myself and probably a few 10s of thousands unknowns are following this thread closely..

Please keep us updated with the outcome Tracy!

A lot of us have become global citizens, but have family back in Singapore. The rest is up to the govt (who if I may so speculate, will do nothing about it :( NS complications, people taking advantage, etc etc. SIGH

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Myself and probably a few 10s of thousands unknowns are following this thread closely..

Please keep us updated with the outcome Tracy!

A lot of us have become global citizens, but have family back in Singapore. The rest is up to the govt (who if I may so speculate, will do nothing about it :( NS complications, people taking advantage, etc etc. SIGH

I suspect that MHA/ICA are lost in such issues...yes, let's see how this turns out

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
welll, Daphne has written to TCH..The ball is in ICA's court

ICA's response :wink:

svEJYLkCsUaPD7E99ErZDw2.jpg