• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Air Fryers which do not use teflon

spinn

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also do that because I have seen things crawling around the storage space.

those creepy crawlies are impossible to keep out. i use those sticky roach traps. most of the time get the small ones, but once in a while, a biggie gets caught. :smile:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I prefer my eggs sunny side up & you can only do that the old fashion way with a pan.

Looking at the cook book that was provided with the machine, the only egg recipe is french toast. They have a few cakes recipes, fries, chicken, meat pies,..

I'm looking for a vegetables recipes because the only recipe with veggies is a satay like recipe with skewered chicken, button cherry tomatoes, button mushroom, & green peppers.

Still looking for a stir fried vegetable recipe. Don't know if it is possible to do stir fried vegetables on an air fryer ?

i mean will the buffalo saucepan get the food to stick to it? or does it has any non-stick function to it?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Need to preheat the airfryer or not? And do you put the veges on a try or just on the mesh grill?

Just add 3 min more if you are using airfryer cold. I just put the veg on the net unless I want my veg to be wet. In that case, I put them on a foil sitting on the net. Remember not to cover the whole net area.

goodtool

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oohhh... thanks! Will try that.
Does it applies to frying fish?

Not necessarily. As brother/sister Spinn points out, if you 1st heat the pan properly, then add a little oil & let it heat, the egg will not stick to the pan. However not all stainless steel are the same, so you have to experiment & find out what is the proper heat for the SS pan you are using.

The reason I like my really old lagostina pan is that it is very easy to heat up to cook eggs without any sticking.. I think it has a copper sandwhich base which helps to heat up the pan evenly & quicker.

I notice that you have to heat a pan until a drop of water sizzles. Then add the oil. Then the egg.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
i fry eggs in a stainless steel frying pan. the secret is to get the pan hot enuf before frying. :smile:

Oic next time I try when using stainless steel frying pan. Nowadays I only use corningware pot for frying and boiling. Previously did use stainless steel and remember one pot was burnt. I read somewhere before that corningware cannot pre-heat when pot empty. So I don't heat up the pot only put some oil before heating and quite immediately put in whatever I am frying.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please read my post #64. The same thing happens when you bake chicken.

You fry mushrooms? Why?

If you grow your own mushrooms, you can eat them raw. Raw mushrooms have some very unique antioxidants not found in other kinds of food. If you buy them at supermarkets and as you don't know their origin and how they are grown, it's best that you cook them, preferably in soups.

Oic never mind just eat once in awhile. I fry those fresh white button mushrooms as they are very tasty if fry under high heat for about 20 mins and very easy to fry as a lot of water will come out. Can add some veg to the dish too.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Need to preheat the airfryer or not? And do you put the veges on a try or just on the mesh grill?

I've been looking at looking at videos & "some" people suggest pre-heating just like using a normal oven.
However they don't say for how long:confused:

Air fryers have smaller cooking chambers which get hot, very fast. So I don't think it makes a difference.:confused:

With the Buffalo one of the accessories is a round mesh container which can hold pop corn, fries, veggies,.... It rotates rotates while cooking

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oohhh... thanks! Will try that.
Does it applies to frying fish?

If you get the heating correct it should minimize sticking for all kinds of food. However cooking eggs is the ultimate test :smile:

You will have to experiment with the pan you are using because of varying factors e.g. size of pan, design of pan e.g. curvature, even the material of stainless steel may be different, ... Some pans use a different base or use a combination of sandwich materials.

I have a number of stainless steel pans but for eggs I have a favourite, the Lagostina. Unfortunately you can't find the same design anymore:(

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i mean will the buffalo saucepan get the food to stick to it? or does it has any non-stick function to it?

It is just like any stainless steel pan. Food will stick to the pan.
Coating the pan with oil will minimise the sticking.

After cooking fish I will clean the following:
1) the mesh tray which I put the fish on
2) the pan that is below the mesh tray, it catches the drips
3) the large stainless steel chamber which lines the cooker

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are not many ways to cook e.g. an egg, fish,.. I use a stainless steel pan & virgin coconut oil.
Where do you buy the virgin coconut oil? Fairprice? Cold Storage? How much does it cost?
So how would you cook an egg or fish:confused:
I don't eat eggs as they are high in cholesterol.

As for fish, I steam it or cook it as part of fish soup. When I was in my twenties--about 40 years ago--I used to eat fried fish everyday and loved it.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i'm almost down on my virgin coconut oil. thanks for the reminder.

image.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As for fish, I steam it or cook it as part of fish soup. When I was in my twenties--about 40 years ago--I used to eat fried fish everyday and loved it.

I usually eat fish & eggs but I am worried about eating too much fish because of the pollution & that is why I take spirulina & chlorella. They are good source of nutrients as well as good detoxifiers.

I sometimes cook soup with pulses(beans). I use the bean mix from Bob's Mill http://www.iherb.com/search?sug=bob...easoning mix&kw=bob's red mill bea&rank=2#p=1

You can find Bob's Mill products at Cold Storage at Novena.

I just add carrots, onions, garlic, etc to the bean mix. Beans are healthy but not that tasty:o

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
41XvF9Gm%2BdL.jpg

I use this brand of Thai coconut oil or, as alternative, there is one pinoy brand selling from shop in Jurong East

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is just like any stainless steel pan. Food will stick to the pan.
Coating the pan with oil will minimise the sticking.

After cooking fish I will clean the following:
1) the mesh tray which I put the fish on
2) the pan that is below the mesh tray, it catches the drips
3) the large stainless steel chamber which lines the cooker

sorry actually i meant omelette. the same thing?

spinn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oic next time I try when using stainless steel frying pan. Nowadays I only use corningware pot for frying and boiling. Previously did use stainless steel and remember one pot was burnt. I read somewhere before that corningware cannot pre-heat when pot empty. So I don't heat up the pot only put some oil before heating and quite immediately put in whatever I am frying.

no kidding u actually burnt a ss pot?!

haven't tried corningware so dunno, but for frying fish, if happy with the results, stay with ur method. i wun use a frying pan to fry fish bcus the mess is horrendous. as the fish is fried, it exudes water which causes lots of splattering. i prefer the bigger wok. then i can cheat a bit by using a cover to contain the splattering, but cun cover completely bcus then might end up with a fish which is half fried & half steamed! take care to avoid splattering when putting the fish into the hot oil. do this by drying the fish thoroughly using paper towels, then slide the fish into the oil. wok has the perfect curvature for doing this. if u r doing this for the first time, use cover to shield urself as u slide the fish in. if u like the skin to be nice & crispy, add a little salt to the oil before heating it up.