• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Air Fryers which do not use teflon

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't read too much into all these, one day something is good the next day new finding comes out and turn it around ... Just be comfortable with what you are doing ... in moderation

won't be surprise if one day some medical journal says smoking is good to heal lung cancer

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've been using rice oil for a few years, very healthy http://kingriceoilgroup.com/english/home.php

Comparing to other oil - http://www.thaiedibleoil.com/english/product_m2.php

attachment.php

Thanks for the recommendation. Haven't tried it but it Seems to be a good healthy option. Will give it a try.

Can get it from iherb http://www.iherb.com/Loriva-100-Pur...lc=en-US&w=rice bran oil&rc=2032&sr=null&ic=1

Or I will pick one up on my next visit to LOS:smile:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you using canola oil to cook I hope you know that canola is genetically modified & is partially hydrogenated and it is not considered healthy.

haha..when he mentioned this oil, i know he is bullshitting already. plus he talks a lot on saving money. here's the thing.. if you want health, you cannot save money on such things, you invest on health, not save money on it. haha..

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you using canola oil to cook I hope you know that canola is genetically modified & is partially hydrogenated and it is not considered healthy. Olive oil is healthy but not if you heat it.
Wrong.

Canola oil is available in non-hydrogenated, partially hydrogenated and total hydrogenated forms.

I repeat: all edible oils contain additives in order that their shelf lives may be extended.

And I'm not particularly worried about genetically modified plant-based foods. Why? Ask tonychat who seems to wayang that he knows much more than me.

The Thai Hom Mali (Jasmine) rice that most Sinkies love to eat is 80% genetically modified.

The potatoes that you buy are as well.

BTW China is the global leader in growing genetically modified plant-based foods as well as in genetically modified animals.

The lean pork that you buy probably comes from genetically modified pigs. Or would you rather buy lean pork that comes from normal pigs but fed with huge doses of lean-meat enhancing drugs?

The fish that you buy may have been reared from GM fish.

That's why I eat very little of animal-based foods nowadays.

I'd rather eat GM plant-based foods anytime compared to GM animal-based foods.

Genetic modifications is the way to go if we want a much higher quality of life than we have now.

Humans with hereditary diseases--eg. albinism, rare mutation of Alzheimer's, Mongolism, autism--will one day be cured (not treated) using GM.

The UK has led the way in approving 3-parent in-vitro fertilisation as a method to cure mitochondrial disease.

Think about it. Genetic modification is awesome.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'd rather eat GM plant-based foods anytime compared to GM animal-based foods.

Genetic modifications is the way to go if we want a much higher quality of life than we have now.

Humans with hereditary diseases--eg. albinism, rare mutation of Alzheimer's, Mongolism, autism--will one day be cured (not treated) using GM.

This is the post that all elite who wanna profit will quote such bullshit.. beware and aware.

GM food is currently banned in Australia and many countries and more are joining.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell you what.. Why not you keep eating all the GM food..
As I wrote earlier, Thai Jasmine (Hom Mali) rice is more than 50% genetically modified.

Vietnamese rice and Filipino rice are 100% genetically modified.

Alaskan and Norwegian salmon have been genetically modified.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are quite a number of rice oil brands in Singapore's supermarkets including this. Singapore is better, has the big bottle, cheaper, Thailand has only the 1L version, sad.

How often do you get a new bottle:confused:

A bigger bottle may be useful for those who cook often or have a larger family but if you don't cook as often, a smaller bottle is more useful because it is fresher because it hasn't been sitting around for too long.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wrong.

Canola oil is available in non-hydrogenated, partially hydrogenated and total hydrogenated forms.

I repeat: all edible oils contain additives in order that their shelf lives may be extended.....

I'll stick to my coconut oil because it is much healthier than Canola.

There are just too many problems with canola . From what I read the potentials problems include: hydrogenation, use of genetically modified rape seed, refining process that involves "bleaching & degumming",.... I have also read of the problems of rancid canola oil.

Why should anyone take risk when there are healthier oils like virgin coconut oils.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did you know that canola causes problems such as:

•Canola depletes vitamin E.
• Canola increases the rigidity of membranes, which can trigger degenerative diseases.
• Because of canola's high sulfur content, it goes rancid easily, which can exacerbate allergies and compound problems for people with bronchial or asthmatic issues.
• Human studies reveal canola causes an increase in lung cancers.
• Canola can shorten lifespan of animals and lower platelet count.
• Daily canola consumption can raise your triglycerides over 40 percent.
• Canola oil molds quickly and also inhibits enzyme function.
• It opens the door for free radicals, undermining natural antioxidants, and can be linked to increased incidence of many diseases.
• Canola leaves no foul taste when it's spoiled, so it's hard to tell if you're eating rancid erucic acid.

Go read about these problems with Canola at http://www.naturalnews.com/043948_canola_oil_hidden_health_dangers_food_bar.html

With so many potential problems with canola, there is no way I'm going to use it.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why should anyone take risk when there are healthier oils like virgin coconut oils.

i use virgin coconut oil sparingly as i'm more inclined to use 2 types of cold pressed olive oil due to their abundance and low prices where i am: extra virgin olive oil for dripping, mixing and salad dressing (no cooking or heating with it), and extra light olive oil for cooking, baking and frying.

extra virgin olive oil from trader joe's.

image.jpg

Last edited:

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you know that canola causes problems such as: With so many potential problems with canola, there is no way I'm going to use it.
If canola oil is as harmful as you made it out to be, why does LHL gabrament allow Lam Soon to manufacture canolo oil in Sinkieland, sell it to Sinkies and at the same time export the product to China and other Southeast Asian countries?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
How often do you get a new bottle:confused:

A bigger bottle may be useful for those who cook often or have a larger family but if you don't cook as often, a smaller bottle is more useful because it is fresher because it hasn't been sitting around for too long.

Dont cook too much so don't buy often. Maid the one usually buys eact time like 4 bottles think it lasts like 3-5 months?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If canola oil is as harmful as you made it out to be, why does LHL gabrament allow Lam Soon to manufacture canolo oil in Sinkieland, sell it to Sinkies and at the same time export the product to China and other Southeast Asian countries?

Spore has permitted the sale of rice from Japan while other countries have banned it:eek:
Obviously the PAP gov't does not care about health issues:rolleyes:

What you should be asking is why Spore has such a high incidence of cancer:confused:
My young neighbour(s) have cancers. Have friends & colleagues stricken with cancers.

Even our PM has cancer. I find that ironic:smile:

Last edited: