• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Air Fryers which do not use teflon

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Please read my post #64. The same thing happens when you bake chicken.

You fry mushrooms? Why?

If you grow your own mushrooms, you can eat them raw. Raw mushrooms have some very unique antioxidants not found in other kinds of food. If you buy them at supermarkets and as you don't know their origin and how they are grown, it's best that you cook them, preferably in soups.

Do you juice?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
stainless steel pan stick leh. No?

Not necessarily. As brother/sister Spinn points out, if you 1st heat the pan properly, then add a little oil & let it heat, the egg will not stick to the pan. However not all stainless steel are the same, so you have to experiment & find out what is the proper heat for the SS pan you are using.

The reason I like my really old lagostina pan is that it is very easy to heat up to cook eggs without any sticking.. I think it has a copper sandwhich base which helps to heat up the pan evenly & quicker.

I notice that you have to heat a pan until a drop of water sizzles. Then add the oil. Then the egg.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Coconut oil? You're joking right? Avoid eating eggs if you can. They're high in cholesterol. I know, you're going to tell me you eat only the egg white but isn't that a waste of your money?

Yeah, and you're going to tell me that, according to the latest scientific research, there's no correlation between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol. Wrong! The jury's still out on this one....

Yes I believe that eggs are actually healthy. I use the whole egg & I get the organic eggs. I've noticed that organic eggs have a darker yolk than the nn-organic eggs. There are plenty of info out there about eggs being healthy:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-berardi-phd/egss-and-health_b_3499583.html
http://www.livescience.com/39353-eggs-dont-deserve-bad-reputation.html

I had a heart attack previously. I didn't have a problem with high cholesterol. The cause of my problem was sugar. I drank sugared pop almost everyday. It caused type II diabetes & caused the hardening of my arteries which eventually led to a heart attack.

Since my heart attack I now no longer drink pop. My diet now includes plenty of veggies, eggs & fish

If you research coconout oil it can withstand higher heat before it oxidises. Compared to olive oil which is healthy if you don't heat it up, but becomes unhealthy if you use it as a cooking oil because at low heat it oxidises. The cholesterol in coconut oil is the good cholesterol(HDL). The one I use is also natural without any additives.

It is much healthier than the vegetable oils you find in the supermarket which have been engineered to have a longer shelf life. They are in fact very unhealthy compared to coconut oil. Just read about it http://authoritynutrition.com/6-reasons-why-vegetable-oils-are-toxic/

I use very little coconut oil because I cook with low heat. The main reason I got an air fryer was to increase the flexibility of cooking options.
Some things are better baked than pan cooked.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
& I get the organic eggs. I've noticed that organic eggs have a darker yolk than the nn-organic eggs.
Organic?

Please....

There's currently no agreed definition of what an "organic" product should consist of. "Organic" means different things to different people and in the hands of marketers, it's turned into a thousand different meanings.
If you research coconout oil it can withstand higher heat before it oxidises. Compared to olive oil which is healthy if you don't heat it up, but becomes unhealthy if you use it as a cooking oil because at low heat it oxidises. The cholesterol in coconut oil is the good cholesterol(HDL).
Coconut oil is high in cholesterol. It doesn't matter that it's mostly HDL. You should cut it out from your diet. Go for a Mediterranean diet. People of the Med. don't use coconut oil....

I use canola oil, olive oil or sesame oil depending on the meal that I'm preparing. And I never heat it. I just drizzle about 1 to 1.5 ml of it over my cooked meal.
The main reason I got an air fryer was to increase the flexibility of cooking options. Some things are better baked than pan cooked.
True, it's human nature to prefer variety.

But the important question to ask is:

Do you live to eat or eat to live????????????

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not necessarily. As brother/sister Spinn points out, if you 1st heat the pan properly, then add a little oil & let it heat, the egg will not stick to the pan. However not all stainless steel are the same, so you have to experiment & find out what is the proper heat for the SS pan you are using.

The reason I like my really old lagostina pan is that it is very easy to heat up to cook eggs without any sticking.. I think it has a copper sandwhich base which helps to heat up the pan evenly & quicker.

I notice that you have to heat a pan until a drop of water sizzles. Then add the oil. Then the egg.

how is the performance of buffalo saucepan for frying eggs?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes I believe that eggs are actually healthy. I use the whole egg & I get the organic eggs. I've noticed that organic eggs have a darker yolk than the nn-organic eggs. There are plenty of info out there about eggs being healthy:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-berardi-phd/egss-and-health_b_3499583.html
http://www.livescience.com/39353-eggs-dont-deserve-bad-reputation.html

I had a heart attack previously. I didn't have a problem with high cholesterol. The cause of my problem was sugar. I drank sugared pop almost everyday. It caused type II diabetes & caused the hardening of my arteries which eventually led to a heart attack.

Since my heart attack I now no longer drink pop. My diet now includes plenty of veggies, eggs & fish

If you research coconout oil it can withstand higher heat before it oxidises. Compared to olive oil which is healthy if you don't heat it up, but becomes unhealthy if you use it as a cooking oil because at low heat it oxidises. The cholesterol in coconut oil is the good cholesterol(HDL). The one I use is also natural without any additives.

It is much healthier than the vegetable oils you find in the supermarket which have been engineered to have a longer shelf life. They are in fact very unhealthy compared to coconut oil. Just read about it http://authoritynutrition.com/6-reasons-why-vegetable-oils-are-toxic/

I use very little coconut oil because I cook with low heat. The main reason I got an air fryer was to increase the flexibility of cooking options.
Some things are better baked than pan cooked.

Yes. i use organic eggs and organic coconut oil too.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dude, just listen to yourself what you're telling us.

Meat in itself contains fat and other juices. When you airfry it, the fat and other juices will oxidize and carcinogens will be produced depending on many factors: temperature, type of fat and juice, age of meat, type of meat, etc..

Do you eat meat?

spinn

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do this...same?

I wash steel frying pan, then put on stove to heat it up until see some smoke, then add oil, turn the pan to let oil spread around, again see some smoke, the I throw in the egg, the egg smells very nice:smile:

yep, but i add oil before heating. gives me better control of the amount of oil.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how is the performance of buffalo saucepan for frying eggs?

I prefer my eggs sunny side up & you can only do that the old fashion way with a pan.

Looking at the cook book that was provided with the machine, the only egg recipe is french toast. They have a few cakes recipes, fries, chicken, meat pies,..

I'm looking for a vegetables recipes because the only recipe with veggies is a satay like recipe with skewered chicken, button cherry tomatoes, button mushroom, & green peppers.

Still looking for a stir fried vegetable recipe. Don't know if it is possible to do stir fried vegetables on an air fryer ?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reason I heat the pan before adding oil is to make sure the pan is dry. I have a habit of washing the pan before I use. Just a matter of preference.:smile:

yep, but i add oil before heating. gives me better control of the amount of oil.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I prefer my eggs sunny side up & you can only do that the old fashion way with a pan.

Looking at the cook book that was provided with the machine, the only egg recipe is french toast. They have a few cakes recipes, fries, chicken, meat pies,..

I'm looking for a vegetables recipes because the only recipe with veggies is a satay like recipe with skewered chicken, button cherry tomatoes, button mushroom, & green peppers.

Still looking for a stir fried vegetable recipe. Don't know if it is possible to do stir fried vegetables on an air fryer ?

Mix some seasoning and a tbs of oil to green and red peppers. Put into airfryer for 5 min at 180 degree. Walla.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mix some seasoning and a tbs of oil to green and red peppers. Put into airfryer for 5 min at 180 degree. Walla.

Other than onions, green & red peppers, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes,.. Are there any other vegetables that can be used in an air fyer:confused:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Best juiced, alamak seasoning is a no no for healthy living and airfryer heat killedd all the good stuff in the vege

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Other than onions, green & red peppers, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes,.. Are there any other vegetables that can be used in an air fyer:confused:

Think of the airfryer as an oven ...any vegetable that you can put in an oven can go into an airfryer.

Cauliflower, kale, zucchini, cucumber, bitter gourd ...all can go it. I have made crispy kale, cauliflower, bittergourd in the airfryer.