• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Air Fryers which do not use teflon

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had Phillips air fryer. I find it cooks like a mini oven. I can get food cook with pretty much same result using a oven.

I have a full size electric oven but the problem with ovens is that if you don't use them regularly they eventually develop problems e.g. the oven door locks up, they trip the fuse of the whole house,.. This warning was provided by an experienced sales person.
So if I want to use my old oven I will have to get it serviced :(

I'm looking at the smaller airfryer as an oven replacement. Only need one to bake small quantities of fish. The smaller airfyer will also do it more efficiently, using less power then a full sized oven.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i don't fry my food these days. my rectum is telling me to stay with salad, steamed and sautéed vege. tonychat is the best! :biggrin:

https://www.yahoo.com/health/a-healthy-diet-doesnt-have-to-be-drastic-why-it-112789697282.html

That is why I recommend juicing. If you use a slow juicer very little heat is developed, maximizing the nutrients you get from the fruits & vegetables. When it comes to juicing I will invest in organic veggies/fruits because I know that the nutrients will not be wasted through cooking.

I want to move away from frying & use a airfryer because it is more efficient & uses less oil

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I
I have a full size electric oven but the problem with ovens is that if you don't use them regularly they eventually develop problems e.g. the oven door locks up, they trip the fuse of the whole house,.. This warning was provided by an experienced sales person.

I'm looking at the smaller airfryer as an oven replacement. Only need one to bake small quantities of fish. The smaller airfyer will also do it more efficiently, using less power then a full sized oven.

What about a convection oven? Small, cheap and easy to clean.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is why I recommend juicing. If you use a slow juicer very little heat is developed, maximizing the nutrients you get from the fruits & vegetables. When it comes to juicing I will invest in organic veggies/fruits because I know that the nutrients will not be wasted through cooking.

I want to move away from frying & use a airfryer because it is more efficient & uses less oil

I use a blender of 600w, I think after blending my juice is warm. Not good for health?

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I moved out recently with just a rice cooker and a pot. I don't fry as I don't know how to. I got bored with just dumping everything into the soup and I tried to bake using my rice cooker. It spoilt the rice cooker a few times after that but my sliced potatoes are cooked.

JackyCheung

Alfrescian
Loyal
i bought happy call, juice blender, oven and many more cooking machines.

but i seldom use, now my house all store up with all these cooking machines.

now, i mostly just steam fish. cook soup...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I moved out recently with just a rice cooker and a pot. I don't fry as I don't know how to. I got bored with just dumping everything into the soup and I tried to bake using my rice cooker. It spoilt the rice cooker a few times after that but my sliced potatoes are cooked.

With costs in Spore so high today you need something to cook at home. Fortunately nowadays you have a wide array of small appliance to choose from e.g. induction hob, gas hob, airfryer,... In fact I would say that prices of these appliances have fallen when compared to the past.

I got my built-in oven 10+ years ago & back then it cost me $1,300+. If I was moving into a new place today today I would save the space & $ by getting something simpler. Such as those multi cookers which are both steamer & oven, or an airfryer. Those induction cookers are also much cheaper now.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i bought happy call, juice blender, oven and many more cooking machines.

but i seldom use, now my house all store up with all these cooking machines.

now, i mostly just steam fish. cook soup...

you are a typical singaporean, many gadgets but don't use

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

A bit side track from the topic..

How much do you juice per day? I find that when i juice about 900 to 1000ml, including green veggies added to it, i have the feel good effect and the next morning i have the high energy effect.. By the way i drink it in the evening. The green veggie chlorophyll really do wonders..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A bit side track from the topic..

How much do you juice per day? I find that when i juice about 900 to 1000ml, including green veggies added to it, i have the feel good effect and the next morning i have the high energy effect.. By the way i drink it in the evening. The green veggie chlorophyll really do wonders..

I only juice in the morning.

About 800ml, more or less. I aga aga. if the beetroot is a big one I use half, if small I use the whole vegtable. If I can get both swiss chard & kale I will use both. I have been cutting back on the carrots because of concerns about it being too sweet. If I get those tiny organic apples from NTUC, I use 2 of them. If they are the bigger ones, 1 use one of them. I sometimes add an organic cucumber & that has plenty of juice.

Unlike in the past, nowadays I am feeling good. No problems with aches & pains or lack of energy:smile:

It's not practcal to juice more than once a day because I am also supplementing with products that have t be taken on an empty stomach. Can imagine the problem of trying to juggle so many different products. 1st thing in the morning Serrapaptase/Natto---wait 2hrs---collagen supplements--wait 1 to 2 hr--juicing--then lunch time with the bulk of my supplements.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I use a blender of 600w, I think after blending my juice is warm. Not good for health?

Some people prefer blending to juicing because it is more filling as you retain the pulp of the veggie/fruits.

Those that get serious about blending usually use a Vitamix or Blendtec blender, those units have a larger motors that will last longer & do a more thorough job of blending.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For a better idea of what the Buffalo can do take a look at the Arshia air fryer which is quite similar. However the Buffalo uses stainless steel & has more cooking options i.e. more buttons.

Buffalo is a Taiwanese company & all their videos are in mandarin & in my opinion they don't do a good job of selling the benefits of their products to the internet users. However the cookbook they provide is in english & seems to be good. One can always down load the recipe book from Phillips & use it:biggrin:

[video=youtube;kCDhcVwDKIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCDhcVwDKIs[/video]

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I only juice in the morning.

About 800ml, more or less. I aga aga. if the beetroot is a big one I use half, if small I use the whole vegtable. If I can get both swiss chard & kale I will use both. I have been cutting back on the carrots because of concerns about it being too sweet. If I get those tiny organic apples from NTUC, I use 2 of them. If they are the bigger ones, 1 use one of them. I sometimes add an organic cucumber & that has plenty of juice.

Unlike in the past, nowadays I am feeling good. No problems with aches & pains or lack of energy:smile:

It's not practcal to juice more than once a day because I am also supplementing with products that have t be taken on an empty stomach. Can imagine the problem of trying to juggle so many different products. 1st thing in the morning Serrapaptase/Natto---wait 2hrs---collagen supplements--wait 1 to 2 hr--juicing--then lunch time with the bulk of my supplements.

my ingredient:

6 stalks of Kale, 6 to 9 lettuce leaves, 1 beetroot, 5 to 7 carrots, 2 apples, 1 cucumber, 10 cherry tomatoes, 1 thumb ginger, 1 lemon ( 1200 ml)

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my ingredient:

6 stalks of Kale, 6 to 9 lettuce leaves, 1 beetroot, 5 to 7 carrots, 2 apples, 1 cucumber, 10 cherry tomatoes, 1 thumb ginger, 1 lemon ( 1200 ml)

I sometimes drink green tea mixed with the juice of half a lemon. Suppose to drink it 1st thing in the morning before anything else. It's supposed to help with detoxing & weight loss. I've never added lemon to my juicing.

If I do that I wait about an hour before juicing.

Initially I added ginger to my juicing but nowadays I just take supplements of curricurum & ginger.
It's suppose to help prevent cancers.

Oh forgot that I've recently started to add chlorella to my morning juices & in the evenings I take spirulina pills.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes the normal oven easily breakdown if don't use regularly and it is difficult to clean. I am using the halogen oven that has a glass bottom. Very easy to just wipe off. Can bake chicken drumsticks easily without using any oil.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes the normal oven easily breakdown if don't use regularly and it is difficult to clean. I am using the halogen oven that has a glass bottom. Very easy to just wipe off. Can bake chicken drumsticks easily without using any oil.

When I use a stainless steel pan to fry, I often get black marks which require plenty of scrubbing to get off. Which is strange because it happens even when I use minimal heat e.g. frying eggs :confused: It also happens only on some of the stainless steel pans & not others:confused: Unfortunately it happens to the more expensive Sitram french made pan :(

So far I have used the Buffalo to bake fish & it is very easy to clean the stainless steel mesh tray & pan. I only use detergent & a sponge. I don't see why the other brands are using non-stick coating :confused: Maybe it is cheaper material than stainless steel:confused:

I don't normally eat chicken because of the hormones they pump into chickens but I want to check out the rotisserie function of the Buffalo:smile:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I sometimes drink green tea mixed with the juice of half a lemon. Suppose to drink it 1st thing in the morning before anything else. It's supposed to help with detoxing & weight loss. I've never added lemon to my juicing.

If I do that I wait about an hour before juicing.

Initially I added ginger to my juicing but nowadays I just take supplements of curricurum & ginger.
It's suppose to help prevent cancers.

Oh forgot that I've recently started to add chlorella to my morning juices & in the evenings I take spirulina pills.

Is your chlorella and spirulina organic???

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When I use a stainless steel pan to fry, I often get black marks which require plenty of scrubbing to get off. Which is strange because it happens even when I use minimal heat e.g. frying eggs :confused: It also happens only on some of the stainless steel pans & not others:confused: Unfortunately it happens to the more expensive Sitram french made pan :(

So far I have used the Buffalo to bake fish & it is very easy to clean the stainless steel mesh tray & pan. I only use detergent & a sponge. I don't see why the other brands are using non-stick coating :confused: Maybe it is cheaper material than stainless steel:confused:

I don't normally eat chicken because of the hormones they pump into chickens but I want to check out the rotisserie function of the Buffalo:smile:

where do you get the buffalo frying pan?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I avoid Teflon as much as possible. My non-stick wok uses marble coating (Korean made).

Was in CK Tang last week and bought 2 Ceramic coated woks, do you have any comment regarding this like health concern and also the durability?