• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Air Fryers which do not use teflon

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is your chlorella and spirulina organic???

Yes the chlorella I am using is organic. It is important that you get the cleanest Spirulina possible because they absorb contaminants from the environment. That is why they are effective for detoxing. The brand I am using comes in a glass bottle.

In the past I have gotten Yaeyama chlorella from Japan, unfortunately ever since they had the nuclear acident I now avoid Japanese products as a precaution.

As an alrenative I got the Healthforce brand . If you read the blurb for the product they are "100% Truganic" :smile: http://www.iherb.com/HealthForce-Nu...c=0&lc=en-US&w=chlorella&rc=623&sr=null&ic=21

The strange thing is that it has a nutty flavor when I drink it with my juices.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I bought it from the agent Song Cho. I went to their showroom at #04-03 Plaza Singapura.

They have more showrooms all over Spore. You can visit their website for the address of the other locations www.songcho.com.sg

I just saw the video of the buffalo products it seems like same concept as AMC thick base products right?

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk about Philips, sorry to change topic, Philips recently launched slow juicer. what is your opinion?
If you really want to get the most nutrients including antioxidants out of fresh fruit, you wouldn't want to subject the latter to mechanical processing. Some nutrients and antioxidants are destroyed by juicers.

We humans and chimpanzees are descended from the great apes. For millions of years of our evolution, we eat fresh fruit without the aid of juicers.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't fry as I don't know how to. I got bored with just dumping everything into the soup and I tried to bake using my rice cooker. It spoilt the rice cooker a few times after that but my sliced potatoes are cooked.
My dear bro, please go to your nearest community library and borrow some cook books to learn how to prepare healthy meals. If you wish, you can also borrow ebooks by surfing to NLB's websites.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some people prefer blending to juicing because it is more filling as you retain the pulp of the veggie/fruits..
Mechanical processing of fresh fruit--blending or juicing--destroys some essential nutrients and antioxidants.

We do well to remember that during our six-million-year evolution from great ape to human, we never did once have the luxury of using blenders and juicers.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just saw the video of the buffalo products it seems like same concept as AMC thick base products right?

Buffalo is a Taiwanese company which makes stainless steel products. I think they are like Zebra, the thai company that makes all those stainless steels products. Maybe they are the OEM for some of these products?

Even their air fryer product appears to be OEMed from China, but comes with stainless steel parts. They also have other cookware products, stainless steel shelving products, SS faucets,...

I don't know who they copied the concept from but their products seem to be good quality products. There are only a limited number of ways you can cook something . Even the Phillips Air Fryer is just a rehash of the turbo cookers I saw in the 90's. They just updated the packaging & electronics. Even back then I wanted to get one even though I wasn't a good cook:biggrin:

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thanks for the reply. Any info/comment about the ceramic coated wok I posted?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the reply. Any info/comment about the ceramic coated wok I posted?

You probably didn't get a reply because no one knows for sure.

I have been trying to find out if ceramic is safe & the consensus is that it is safe as long as you are using a high quality ceramic:confused::confused::confused:

Ceramic is probably safer than teflon but I doubt that anyone can guarantee if it is 100% safe because who is going to do a long term tests:confused: My sister has a cheap ceramic pan & I notice that is is already chipping at the edges but it is a cheaper ceramic pan that costs less then $100.

As for me I simply use a high quality branded stainless steel pan.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I have been trying to find out if ceramic is safe & the consensus is that it is safe as long as you are using a high quality ceramic:confused::confused::confused:

Ceramic is probably safer than teflon but I doubt that anyone can guarantee if it is 100% safe because who is going to do a long term tests:confused: My sister has a cheap ceramic pan & I notice that is is already chipping at the edges but it is a cheaper ceramic pan that costs less then $100.

Thank you. I shall evaluate my woks and post over time.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I use ceramic but I still don't use high heat on it.
Since it is not popular in the West yet, doubt there is research done on it.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you. I shall evaluate my woks and post over time.

If you eat out often then it shouldn't be an issue because you are not going to have a say as to what pan the cook uses to cook. He would probably be using a carbon wok or something stainless steel.