• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 1st Miss Universe Myanmar in 53 years

Fortunately could take a shower in the TG lounge before my flight to sinkiewonderland got plenty of time. First time I use this facility as most of the time I will come to the airport from home. Not to bad the shower room, pretty classy and I love the soap now I smells like tomyam with lemongrass and ginger

I like it should use this more often . . . . . . . . only thing missing is a mermaid from Temple Poseidon

I too use the TG shower rooms often. They use toiletries from Thann which is a Thai brand. They have stores in Bangkok.
Missing mermaid you don't any help from me

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I too use the TG shower rooms often. They use toiletries from Thann which is a Thai brand. They have stores in Bangkok.
Missing mermaid you don't any help from me

Thann I believe had went international. I find their stuff too expensive.

OK arrive home immediately went for the bah chor mee, missed this so much

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes this guy is brave and determined all praise to him. But WTF it took police 80km to catchup with the chase? Ok Thai police that explains.
Knn, and mata never fine hero for using phone while riding? I kena using phone while driving, No wear helmet Leh.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

OK arrive home immediately went for the bah chor mee, missed this so much

Tiger time leh, best buddies with BCM.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not bad for a Thai brand. Not many international S'pore brands except SQ and Creative (debatable).
I'm using their lemongrass shampoo now, a little watery but smells great. Can't remember what it cost, maybe $20/bottle.

ANA uses Thann in their First class kit and Marriott International is rolling out its toiletries in their full-service hotels.
More Thai 5* hotels should use them, instead of a foreign brand like Molton Brown or l'Occitane, which adds little to Thai branding.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As kathina is approaching , made a trip to Lorong Ong Lye today :smile:

Met up with a long-time lady friend in Katong for late lunch.
Never liked vegetarian food but she and her partner managed to convince me :p

Hainanese pork chop with curry

Sea cucumber with broccoli

1/2 chicken

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Breakfast kao soi, beats even the famous 1 at Faham previously. At a modest stall, but don't be fooled -owns big bungalow with garden behind. At unbeatable 30bht or sgd1.30 (for small appetites)

35DF9F20-B565-4086-90AE-214BDF2ABBF5-529-000000765F9DBD69_zpseb6e950a.jpg

And my fave snack mid afternoon, mango kao niao

8C5BF11E-0504-4452-ADE5-51D646172C86-529-00000076529B8065_zps6946d9b6.jpg

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Found a nice Indian Restaurant in Saphan Kwai area if any of you near there can go and try, not bad.

Abu Ibrahim Restaurant
200 Praedhipat Road, Bangkok, Thailand

Shop Front

Mutton Nasi Bryani (190B = S$7.60, this is quite expensive) ; also ordered Chicken Bryani (140B = S$5.60)

Fried Fish pretty good (160B = S$6.30 this is not expensive la)

Dhall

Tea (30B = S$1.20 quite expensive)

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Was very deprived of good seafood while in German so today is my revenge in Nathong Restaurant

Tomyam garoupa slice

Tomyam in bowl

Pak Wan no idea english name

Prawn with garlic

Snow fish

Steamed crabs

Full of roe inside

This too damn power man these two crabs