• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Check out this place I visited last night guess where this is.

Chinese gods hock lock and seal

18551064ffa67247625083212e5e200380a4879f.jpg

Cows to be fed

18551065530c77134010a57c024f73dbc64a3952.jpg

1855106753170509fdc1e646c861e47625a652a9.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Have cows must be India liao. Maybe hock lock siew is Chinese version of Vishnu Krishna and Shiva?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah joe u don't know where in bkk this temple is? They had a nice Chinese temple inside there with 100s of ppl burning joss sticks, fortune telling and even the monks with the ppl wearing mourning clothes u see at hdb funerals

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ah joe u don't know where in bkk this temple is? They had a nice Chinese temple inside there with 100s of ppl burning joss sticks, fortune telling and even the monks with the ppl wearing mourning clothes u see at hdb funerals

Bro I not Buddhist nor Taoist nor Hindu

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Morning bee-tai-bak soup breakfast

C7E10D84-6620-4714-8C90-8FBAB8421D1C-820-000000A1FBA07141_zps5dfb4509.jpg

see what shop put on every table, a big big bowl of crispy lard, up to you to add

DEB7EF16-48FE-4C82-AAD4-004F8BC50654-820-000000A203CC66DB_zps7ec89580.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: 1st Miss Universe Myanmar in 53 years

S$20 x 30 million visitors = S$600 million

WOW

Will S$80 put off a Singapore family of 4 visiting Thailand hmmmm???

Not too sure that Sporeans would be included in this because as part of part of the Asean Free Trade Agreement they are trying to encourage visitors from ASEAN.:confused:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

A good authentic Thai restaurant I will highly recommend is Krung Ten (13.834184,100.608382) for this restaurant one cannot find any tourist or tour group. Food is as Thai as one can get. Price is also very Thai.

Kailan with mushrooms saute in oyster sauce

Seabass Topyam

Cockles BBQ

Manager opened these for us, as I don't eat this I don't know how to open it

Otar here we call it or-mok filled with Thai herbs

Steamed crab

with plenty of roe

The above 5 dishes with 2 bottles of Singha and a coconut = 1,420 baht (S$57) opens from 11am to midnight band starts around 7.30pm. It's a huge huge place. Love it.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Visited chiang saen yesterday checked into hotel near river khlong. Ride was 1 hr plus from the airport. Ate at this restaurant overlooking Laos.

river khlong
18554897b56bab29880045d8cdff999727155179.jpg

restaurant is called Sri

18554896b0cc2ac67b2c549b64073dc84425cf98.jpg

Prawns from the river khlong and the maggot looking things are called rot dwan they are pretty expensive in bkk I heard but cheap in chiang rai

18554902fea2eb69b5058809a3f7c6ce72502e5d.jpg

1855490391c76283a6928fedffeb82900a8e9e6f.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Ha Jah so you eat bugs ya? Nice right? I like it but not those big ones like maeng-da

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ha Jah so you eat bugs ya? Nice right? I like it but not those big ones like maeng-da

My very first time. I think they taste ok cos they were fried and as you know most fried food tastes more or less about the same. The food that I couldn't bear to eat was the jing rit fried crickets bought from some stall at bkk.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Entering Myanmar soon at Mae sai
Northern exit to Myanmar at Mae Sai, cross over to Talichek. Market place kind of cowboy town. Mae Sai's a market strip, with all sorts of produce and counterfeit (like branded slippers flip flops). Enjoy

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

All foreigners wit the exception if Thais need to pay 500 bht. Freakin expensive. Saw japs, a few Brits and myself inside the damn office on too of filling in a departure card. Thai Fren wanted to go back but I thought its good to check out talichek

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

All foreigners wit the exception if Thais need to pay 500 bht. Freakin expensive. Saw japs, a few Brits and myself inside the damn office on too of filling in a departure card. Thai Fren wanted to go back but I thought its good to check out talichek

500 only $20 little la. Thailand implementing this too starting 1st Jan see above post by YY

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

500 only $20 little la. Thailand implementing this too starting 1st Jan see above post by YY

mine is just a one day visa and only allowed around the area not allowed to leave talichek. fren bought some stuff I bought 3 blu Ray discs at only 60 each then we left the place

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey joeyts, where is the kreung ten restaurant?

looks good.

Jah, drving in thailand (in city) i think is comparable to sg. jam everywhere. and people, or rather cars cut queue and they drive more fierce than sg. but, i will say, they are also very tolerant of people cutting queue. countryside, well, it's a nightmare in rural side. all i can say is suka suka got street lights, suka suka don't have.

well, next month i will be going on a road trip too. starting point is river kwai in kanchanaburi, drive past suphan, ang thong, and finally reaching pak chong. will be going palio, sheepland etc. also, will be there for 2 days to attend friend's wedding, then will travel down to wang nham kiew, chonburi and reaching pattaya. stay 2 days and finally drive back to starting point.

hotel, i had booked in pattaya 2 days starting sunday 17 nov. which bros is nearby to meet up?