• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, I didn't do any driving la, my partner did. Also I have no time for rub. Just got home and start to finish up some work. Later got to have dinner then go out with wife to buy something then go see dog then come home to pack. Tomorrow wake up at 4.30am and then must leave at 5am for the 7.25am flight. Siong siong man.
Have a pleasant journey to ROC.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You 'tiao kang' wanna play hide and seek with me, izzit ?:wink:

Your friend here works very hard na pii. Last night slept at 3am woke up at 7am. The traveled 7 hours back to Bangkok. Tomorrow got to wake up so early some more, life is hard mate. Next 4 nights stay at Hai Lai Hotel in Kaohsiung (top hotel there) have Japanese onsen will visit onsen twice a day to relax.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your friend here works very hard na pii. Last night slept at 3am woke up at 7am. The traveled 7 hours back to Bangkok. Tomorrow got to wake up so early some more, life is hard mate. Next 4 nights stay at Hai Lai Hotel in Kaohsiung (top hotel there) have Japanese onsen will visit onsen twice a day to relax.

In Kaoshiung I stayed @ 鹽埕,愛河戀。NT$1,299 only. Everywhere I go, if breakfast is included, and if the breakfast is decent, I 感恩 already.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
...must leave at 5am for the 7.25am flight.

Have a safe flight. Update us on the inbound/outbound immigration wait.

I have a few of these. My airline gives them to me and I keep them for future reuse if lines are short.

nlvgpv.png

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Have a safe flight. Update us on the inbound/outbound immigration wait.

I have a few of these. My airline gives them to me and I keep them for future reuse if lines are short.

nlvgpv.png

I like to have a hold on these too but for TG its only for business class pessengers while I strictly fly only cattle class, sigh

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Once you get into passport control you see this fuck thing - 8 snake like rows, each about each about 35m long so inside this room itself you have 280m of queue to contend with before the 8 twin-counters of which only 5 are maned by 2 officers while 3 by single officer total 13. Luckily line is moving. Oh oh this is only inside the immigration hall, the line outside leasing into the hall was about 100m long and growing.

60e23115.jpg

Be warned

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I have to admit it did not take long in the immigration hall although the queue was very long, 35mins. Catch I guys later. Taking off soon.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once you get into passport control you see this fuck thing - 8 snake like rows, each about each about 35m long so inside this room itself you have 280m of queue to contend with before the 8 twin-counters of which only 5 are maned by 2 officers while 3 by single officer total 13. Luckily line is moving. Oh oh this is only inside the immigration hall, the line outside leasing into the hall was about 100m long and growing.

Be warned
After seeing the pics and the previous one you posted, don't feel like getting out of LOS.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once you get into passport control you see this fuck thing - 8 snake like rows, each about each about 35m long so inside this room itself you have 280m of queue to contend with before the 8 twin-counters of which only 5 are maned by 2 officers while 3 by single officer total 13.

Be warned

Thanks for the report outbound. The consolation is that a single-line is better than the old system where you had multiple lines, one for each counter - you had to tikam which was the best line (usually when 2 officers man the booth and when officers are women) to choose.

35 minute wait not that bad. Previously, I've averaged 15-20 minutes if not in the Fast Track line.

So for me:
5 min (check-in. More for others)
+ 35 min (immigration) + 10 min (security)
+ 15 min (the marathon walk that Suvarnabhumi is)
+ 10 min (additional gate security for certain flights)
+ 30 min (at gate 30 mins before departure)
= I need to be at airport at least 1 hr 45 minutes before departure.

2 hr 15 mins if I want to buy duty-free, exchange money, go to airport lounge etc.

KNN.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seems the immigration Q is still nightmarish at swampy. 35mins is a killer. Thankfully, CNX (2nd largest city THI) is nothing like it -only 4 lines, usually 2 manned. But then, int'l flights are nowhere like swampy.

Leaving for station earth this afternoon, will upload some belated CNX pics (after I get over hosting fix). Some northern flavor after isaan and Patts fix:p

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seems the immigration Q is still nightmarish at swampy. 35mins is a killer. Thankfully, CNX (2nd largest city THI) is nothing like it -only 4 lines, usually 2 manned. But then, int'l flights are nowhere like swampy.

Leaving for station earth this afternoon, will upload some belated CNX pics (after I get over hosting fix). Some northern flavor after isaan and Patts fix:p
Pai Seh, was mao last night when I got back and left my phone in the car. Yeah, the airport at CNX is much better due to most flights are domestics rather than international.

How's the air situation in CNX?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Had MK for lunch but did not go for steamboat. Order one Wanton/Char Siew Soup, Braised Pork Ribs, Har Kow and plain green noodles (Bah Mee Yok). Pai Say, too hungry so eat the Har Kow and green noodles first.

654ae33d.jpg

c0448066.jpg

OK, the wanton/char siew not so fantastic but the braised pork ribs is good. This is a new item on the MK menu.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am surprised that the airport remained packed despite being a 7.30 am flight, which means the pic must have been taken at about 6.00 am in the morning.

Joety must be on board HSR by now.