• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thonglor is a nice place...something like Holland V. A lot of pubs and nice food. My favourite is Witch Tavern at Soi 10.
At Soi 7 there is a very exclusive Japanese KTV that looks like a castle below.
Japanese loves this place and it is also very famous for Mamuang Khao Nieo at Soi 1...opens 24 hour.

Rama 9 is a long and major road named after the present king. The 9th King of the Chakri Dynasty.
I used to stay in Fortune Hotel, Rachada opposite Rama 9 MRT not far from Poisedon.

Fortune also have IT centre like Funan. So Rusty you have been stationed here before?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Also another IT centre at Petchaburi.
I was in there from 2002 - 2010. Now retired.

WOW 8 years, and in Ratchada some more. You're the real Phu Yai pii Rusty. You sure have lots to teach us I'm serious. Glad to know you.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fortune is Grand Mercure? Used to be Bluewave hotel.....Amsterdam would be nearer than Poseidon :biggrin:

Ya, Fortune is renamed Grand Mercure Fortune Hotel belongs to the French Accor Group.

Amsterdam, formerly known as Champ Elys'ees is directly opposite Fortune.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WOW 8 years, and in Ratchada some more. You're the real Phu Yai pii Rusty. You sure have lots to teach us I'm serious. Glad to know you.

Not really lah..my Thai is mediocre and I didn't stay in Ratchada alone for 8 years. I moved around few areas in Din Daeng, Suang Luang and then to Param 2 where I lived 3 years. Still khid theung mak mak.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Not really lah..my Thai is mediocre and I didn't stay in Ratchada alone for 8 years. I moved around few areas in Din Daeng, Suang Luang and then to Param 2 where I lived 3 years. Still khid theung mak mak.

I like to say even if you've left Thailand, Thailand never leave you. Please Rusty if you ever come by here for holiday it'll be nice to have a drink together.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ya, Fortune is renamed Grand Mercure Fortune Hotel belongs to the French Accor Group.

Amsterdam, formerly known as Champ Elys'ees is directly opposite Fortune.

Hehe rusty is hidden dragon crouching tiger. If come sin city, pm me. Hehe.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I_xbqaA49bI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

一个人走在傍晚七点的Bangkok City
等着星空就像黑夜一样的来临
I Hate Myself 又整夜追逐梦中的你
而明天只剩哭泣的心

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hehehe. Bo pen yang dork. Now I also got target liaoz. Hehe. Btw, khon kaen have 3G?

Yes Khon Kaen have 3G. Pii I just want you to know that Red Land's 3G is surprisingly good, guess AIS takes care of the reds.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I_xbqaA49bI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

一个人走在傍晚七点的Bangkok City
等着星空就像黑夜一样的来临
I Hate Myself 又整夜追逐梦中的你
而明天只剩哭泣的心

Pii you ok or not? I in Khon Kaen very far away na, if you think of Bedok reservoir please jai yen yen na

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my favourite guitar pieces:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r21WDZ4-eUI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like to say even if you've left Thailand, Thailand never leave you. Please Rusty if you ever come by here for holiday it'll be nice to have a drink together.

Hehe rusty is hidden dragon crouching tiger. If come sin city, pm me. Hehe.

Thank you Joe for your kind invitation and I will pm you and chonburific in advance when I am ready.
You are absolutely right Thailand will never leave my heart...once in a while something will hit me with sweet refreshing memories triggering the urge to go back.

Life is more laid back and care-free over there...here it's too orderly and stringent like how Sim Wong Hoo describes in No U-Turn Syndrome.
Looking forward to some mugs holding sessions with you and chon.
Cheers!

This videos is in response to Julian Bream's....hope KYP all of you like it.