• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Georgetown , Penang

I think if you are a sex tourist you would stay at nana. Something like staying at say geylang lorong 10 area for example where it is in the middle of the action.

It seems like nana reservations for next month all taken up.

The last time I was there (2 years ago).....both grace and nana kena colonized by ragheads already.
You feel like you machiam walk into al Qaeda HQ. not a comfortable feeling.
I think its still the case.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Thanks boss, looks like hiso place

The last time I was there (2 years ago).....both grace and nana kena colonized by ragheads already.

Bloody area infested with Pakis and Arabs you are not wring in feeling that way after all Pakistan Embassy is just there.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

To tell you the truth that area of sukhumvit towards jw mariott is where many negroes and ppl from all over the world. I think you can see all nationalities there.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I'm Back Too!

sianz, after 1 week away

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Posted about the restaurant before went there today but ordered different food

Special Japanese Beer

Umi Budo

Ika Shiokara - but this dish have Thai herbs

Raw beef salad

Clam

Fried chicken

Alamak blow tourch on sashimi

The result

Live band singing western folk songs and Okinawan songs, performs only weekends.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Nasi Uduk in Indonesia is our equivalent of nasi lemak but there is an obvious different, nasi uduk is more fragrance as besides pandan leaves and coconut milk, the lemak, nasi uduk is also cooked with lemongrass and some other herbs. One can get nasi uduk almost anywhere from small push carts to stalls at the roadside. Its cheap and good to go for breakfast, lunch, supper anytime. My staff often eat it - rice with tempeh and a vege with curry can cost as low are 6,000 rupiah or about our 60 cents for a meal.

Photo from google search - example of a nasi uduk stall

Although been to Jakarta many times heard a lot about nasi uduk and the best nasi uduk is in Manga Dua I've never have a chance to eat there as it opens only from 10pm to finish (about 3-4am). Also the thought of eating rice after 10pm is not so right for a good sleep. So I thought in my last trip this week that I must go see for myself how good it is.

Arrived at 9.50pm shop was still a little dark as staff bringing dishes out, arranging it and preparing to serve. Already there were people standing around the serving tables. At 10pm sharp lights and fans were turned on:

There you go, enjoy

[video=youtube;zh_H5U3x_1k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh_H5U3x_1k[/video]

The spread starts here

Simply tell the server what you like and he will put each dish on your plate with rice

My nasi uduk with chicken

My colleague's

We ordered an extra vege like longtong but based on pumpkin instead of cabbage

I have to say I enjoyed the meal very much but its late and I was full and feeling guilty.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think if you are a sex tourist you would stay at nana. Something like staying at say geylang lorong 10 area for example where it is in the middle of the action.

It seems like nana reservations for next month all taken up.

Have stayed at many hotels & service apartments in the Sukhumvit area, including the famous Nana Hotel. If you are a budget traveller Nana is a good bargain when you consider the all you can eat buffet breakfast which is not bad. The location is great if you take the MRT but can be a hassle if you take taxis because there is always a jam at Soi 4.

I haven't stayed there for a couple of years but I still use the place as a pick up spot for a ride to Pattaya

The hotel owner must be owned by a Thai because he's let the place run down :smile: Plenty of old staff there who obviously are set in their ways. The standard rooms are large & the superior rooms are even larger.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Have stayed at many hotels & service apartments in the Sukhumvit area, including the famous Nana Hotel. If you are a budget traveller Nana is a good bargain when you consider the all you can eat buffet breakfast which is not bad. The location is great if you take the MRT but can be a hassle if you take taxis because there is always a jam at Soi 4.

I haven't stayed there for a couple of years but I still use the place as a pick up spot for a ride to Pattaya

The hotel owner must be owned by a Thai because he's let the place run down :smile: Plenty of old staff there who obviously are set in their ways. The standard rooms are large & the superior rooms are even larger.

Did you hear many sex tourists and their whores and all and sundry check into their rooms at all hours of the night and was it noisy at night?

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal

tats wat u get for supporting a sharia law cuntry with your spending money! karma feel good boh?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Did you hear many sex tourists and their whores and all and sundry check into their rooms at all hours of the night and was it noisy at night?

It's a big hotel & I wasn't bothered by noises from adjoining rooms.

Other than the age of the hotel, there are no safes in the rooms. There is also no free wifi. The safety boxes are located at the front desk. I heard that they have been losing old time customers who have been turned off by the rude service staff. There are many newer hotels popping up all over that area that are newer, provide free wifi,... etc

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Other than the age of the hotel, there are no safes in the rooms. There is also no free wifi. The safety boxes are located at the front desk. I heard that they have been losing old time customers who have been turned off by the rude service staff. There are many newer hotels popping up all over that area that are newer, provide free wifi,... etc

I remember they gave me a room that had no windows.....I believe these rooms were later converted ones to increase capacity.
Wtf in event of fire you die first in a windowless room. Locally hotel 81 has many such rooms. How come such rooms can pass?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Locally hotel 81 has many such rooms. How come such rooms can pass?

1. They don't expect you to jump

2. They truly whole heartedly believe in the capability of scdf

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Doing the Club this morning at the usual joint, Foodland

Last edited:

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[video=youtube;pNb93TkKGrA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNb93TkKGrA[/video]

Who wanna meet up? :biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[video=youtube;pNb93TkKGrA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNb93TkKGrA[/video]

Who wanna meet up? :biggrin:

I have this movie. It's a documentary called whore's glory. They feature 3 countries. The first one is thailand. They show the girls also dancing and dating some gigglos. It isn't as interesting as the other 2.

The next one is in bangaldesh and boy is the place run down. One customer who is a barber mentioned were it not for the brothel the men would be raping animals. Yup the bangala shit skins probably do that.

Last one is in mexico. They actually show a life sex scene of a john and the whore inside the room.

It's quite interesting because these men and women try to act nonchalently or what they usually would behave when they know there is a camera aimed at them. The thai scene was really good because the director managed to get all those girls in the fish tank and the johns to act like what they usually do with the camera aimed at them. Some women and men get interviewed and you hear some interesting conversations amongst themselves.

Oh yes in the very first opening scene they show thai ladies doing some ago go bar dancing on top of a club with open windows where they shoot lazer pointers down at passing men. I never heard of this before only seen it in the movie.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The mexican segement has the best scenes. They dance nude and everything. The most realistic. The place is something like desker rd. The women are much more open and one was talking with her pants off interviewed.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actually the cheaper hotels are always staffed by ruder staff that just don't give a fuck. Same thing in singapore but overall i suppose i still feel that thailand's service is better than sg's.