• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This restaurant called museo located at sentosa cove area near hotel W.
cglGIdM.jpg

Set meal that we ordered

ST4jKvs.jpg

appetizer

mushroom soup with garlic croutons

sO9bLDZ.jpg

That cake looking thing is actually bread i don't know what the pinkish meat looking thing is. The crisps are tapioca.

WmCD4zb.jpg

Museo salad.
EjFHQWL.jpg

Here is the main course truffle mushroom risotto

df0DtVZ.jpg

Beef stroganoff

SGxkGhU.jpg

This is for dessert.

pBanFop.jpg

Not very filling cause the portions are small in this atas restaurant.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This restaurant called museo located at sentosa cove area near hotel W.
cglGIdM.jpg

Set meal that we ordered

ST4jKvs.jpg

appetizer

mushroom soup with garlic croutons

sO9bLDZ.jpg

That cake looking thing is actually bread i don't know what the pinkish meat looking thing is. The crisps are tapioca.

WmCD4zb.jpg

Museo salad.
EjFHQWL.jpg

Here is the main course truffle mushroom risotto

df0DtVZ.jpg

Beef stroganoff

SGxkGhU.jpg

This is for dessert.

pBanFop.jpg

Not very filling cause the portions are small in this atas restaurant.
Just nice for me. not use to heavy meals. Jah, Hotel W is boutique hotel?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just nice for me. not use to heavy meals. Jah, Hotel W is boutique hotel?

It's a 5 or 6 star hotel I actually wanted to say no cause boutique hotels are typically smaller hotels operated by 1 person or a small company but i searched this on wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boutique_hotel

However, their successes have prompted multi-national hotel companies to try to establish their own brands in order to capture a market share.[SUP][2][/SUP] Notable example include Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide's W Hotels, ranging from large boutique hotels, such as the W Union Square NY, to the W 'boutique resorts' in the Maldives, and Epoque Hotels among many others.

Yes this is a boutique hotel, hi so cause located in sentosa cove so it is far away from the tourist places.

Saw this car parked outside.

KQcL44x.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a 5 or 6 star hotel I actually wanted to say no cause boutique hotels are typically smaller hotels operated by 1 person or a small company but i searched this on wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boutique_hotel

However, their successes have prompted multi-national hotel companies to try to establish their own brands in order to capture a market share.[SUP][2][/SUP] Notable example include Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide's W Hotels, ranging from large boutique hotels, such as the W Union Square NY, to the W 'boutique resorts' in the Maldives, and Epoque Hotels among many others.

Yes this is a boutique hotel, hi so cause located in sentosa cove so it is far away from the tourist places.

Saw this car parked outside.

KQcL44x.jpg
Thanks Jah, Think most likely out of my budget liaoz. Have to go back to Novotel Clark Quay which I like cos' near to old folk places and everywhere I need to go.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks Jah, Think most likely out of my budget liaoz. Have to go back to Novotel Clark Quay which I like cos' near to old folk places and everywhere I need to go.

Bro should check on the web before determining if out of budget or not. Granted located in places like sentosa, marina area are going to be pricier but they might have promotions sometimes.

Let's try trip advisor with links to almost all hotel booking sites

Try booking on a week day for 3 nights 2nd of april which is a wednesday.

It's around 300++ for most of the sites I honestly thought it would cost more only booking.com costs $999

19143108ed3023e4bf6b62581af7972ad625d49c.jpg

http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Hotel...-W_Singapore_Sentosa_Cove-Sentosa_Island.html

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

I've stayed at a couple of Ws but not at Sentosa. Boutique used to mean a small, independent hotel that has a curated theme but the major hotel operators have been starting new brands.

W is Starwood's hip brand and was the first successful foray into boutique by a major operator. Now we have So by Sofitel, Edition by Marriott, Indigo by Intercontinental, Blu by Radisson, Andaz by Hyatt etc. Only Hilton does not have a boutique brand yet.

W, the ones I've stayed at, is typified by a lobby that's designed to be an activity area (eat, drink, meet, work), hip furniture and colours, small rooms, dark corridors, hip restaurant. W is particularly known for its bedding and bed - they sell it. Also almost every W has a spa called Bliss - they use their toiletries in the rooms as well. Very citrus-y.

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've stayed at a couple of Ws but not at Sentosa. Boutique used to mean a small, independent hotel that has a curated theme but the major hotel operators have been starting new brands.

W is Starwood's hip brand and was the first successful foray into boutique by a major operator. Now we have So by Sofitel, Edition by Marriott, Indigo by Intercontinental, Blu by Radisson, Andaz by Hyatt etc. Only Hilton does not have a boutique brand yet.

W, the ones I've stayed at, is typified by a lobby that's designed to be an activity area (eat, drink, meet, work), hip furniture and colours, small rooms, dark corridors, hip restaurant. W is particularly known for its bedding and bed - they sell it. Also almost every W has a spa called Bliss - they use their toiletries in the rooms as well. Very citrus-y.

That's right i was thinking boutique means a small type of hotel that usually got renovated to look more chic i went to search for w online and found out oh now it's also considered boutique and that is cause these major chains are also venturing into boutique hotel business.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Guys. thanks for the information. Spent the whole afternoon checking the rates at agoda. Almost fall off the chair looking at the rates. Even Novotel Clark Quay price also increase liaoz and out of my budget (sgd200/night). May really go for H81@geylang. Even H81 at chinatown and bugis also not cheap. Or maybe I should just bring a tent and camp at ECP. :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just 2 months ago stayed at this new hotel in Pattaya was only 2,800 baht yesterday bloody 5,100 baht. Its nice, its new, its modern and close to the beach

Classy corridor

There was a private party at the rooftop pool last night

This morning

Breakfast

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Discovered a great restaurant in Pattaya last night, if anyone like steak and Mediterranean food this is it, this its the best western restaurant I've eaten in Pattaya.

Blue Olive

A rarity to drink Pinot was surprised to live this very much

Squid very very good the way its cooked - battered deep fried with salt but still juicy inside

NZ mussels

Each shell contains 2 mussels

French monk fish with risotto

Second bottle a great Amarone for the meat

Tenderlion perfectly executed

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Swadee Krup, sabai dee mak mak....................

Sabaidee mak mak

Sawadeekarp :smile:
Had to attend a friend's wedding in the Pearl of the Orient , Penang :biggrin:
No prizes for guessing what I ate
:p

Thai food can be nice however Malaysia food surely touch sinkies' hearts no mater how. If have choice I will choose Malaysia hawker food over Thai anytime.