• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Found a restaurant Jamie's Italian in Vivo City tonight. Yes there are books by Jamie Oliver in the restaurant and some photos of him but don't hope this is his restaurant as I suspect it's like a franchise or representative thingy as I asked the staff has Jamie come here he said no not even once. Anyway forget about the name, the food is great there, must be his recipe.

I have to add too that the staff there are super friendly and helpful and obliging, really like them.

Starter

Lobster for two

The steak

Ham burger

The three of us had a great dinner there. Must go back.

Last edited:

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
^ that's not thai food or thailand. n you are eating at a foreigner restaurant that hires only foreigners. you have no shame? did your father work for japanese spy too?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This is what I crave for living in Thailand - hawker food

Now at Tiong Bahru Market breakfast

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
^ that's not thai food or thailand. n you are eating at a foreigner restaurant that hires only foreigners. you have no shame? did your father work for japanese spy too?

you got the fucking problem with that??? If you are not happy with foreigners in your pathetic sinkie country, then go protest and throw out the PAP lah, no balls?

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
A nice outdoor seafood place in north Jakarta will be Saung 89 Seafood. Went there right after arriving in Jakarta this evening

The "shopfront"

Seafood selection

Ordered a very fresh red grouper, steamed with soya sauce

And another fish, ikan kueh bakar

Uang bakar

Brinjal with balacan - the samba is perfect

Oh the above and a kangkong balacan costs S$24 only

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Medan food for tonight in Jakarta. Once again in Bangkok I miss this type of food

Rendang

Ayam bakar

Gulai kakap

Sayur lodeh

Chaomiao ebi

Long bean ebi

Sweet & Sour pomfret

Pete with sambal

Avocado drink

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today's slice of thai mango. Doesn't bode well with caretaker govt, what with latest news. Imho, something's gonna give soon?

Latest blockade of Shinawatra business

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/396052/pdrc-rally-at-shinawatra-tower-3
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/395900/pdrc-to-target-shinawatra-business-interests

Bizzare civil court ruling on police non-armed means on enforcing emergency decree. Lame duck? :confused:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politics/395975/court-rules-to-protect-protesters

Caretaker PM's woes with graft busters, after rice fiasco

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politics/395977/yingluck-unlikely-to-meet-graftbusters

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Today found a new Kalimantan restaurant in the north of Jakarta known as Warung Rawit. I really don't know what to say about the delicious food, a real gem I found.

OtahOtah eat with a peanut sauce (strange)

Colour also looked strange it taste more like fish cake than our otah

Great tempeh with sambal fried to perfection crispy on the outside

Fried Chicken

Bitter Gourd leaves with ikan bilis

The best dish - fried salted fish with sambal

Fish Head Curry

The spread

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Convoy of farmers descend on airport

Farmers to descend on airport Vow indefinite stay until govt pays up
Published: 21 Feb 2014 at 00.55

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/396165/farmers-to-descend-on-airport

farmers3.jpg
farmers1.jpg
farmers2.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Do they call that nasi lemak in Indon too? looks to have too many ingredients to be nasi lemak

Coconut rice as in our nasi lemak is known as nasi udud here in Jakarta. Ingredient in nasi udud is basically same like egg and small fish but most of the time also have grated coconut. Nasi udud is like a breakfast meal or supper, famous nasi udud is known to open late like 9pm till early morning.Most if the time I will have my breakfast in this restaurant known as Penang which serves Malaysia and Singapore hawker food

Cover of menu

Therefore here this dish is known as nasi lemak Picture from menu and price

As a matter of fact I'm writing this in the restaurant now having a plate of KL Hokkien Lo Mie

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Wah Nice leh. Do you speak Indonesian, joetys? How's jakarta nowadays?

Indo not speak Bahasa Indonesia just some Malayu so communication can be a little tough however most businesses are conducted in English. Business in Indonesia is great but because my is a new start up its a struggle so far but I am very positive.

Last edited: