• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes correct. mimosa have to buy ticket, for both local and foreigner.

actually, inside really nothing, other than those ladyboys standing around asking u to take photo with them. i think also has one aquarium ( or something like underwater world). the place looks small, and i think the ticket is 200 bt per pax. wanted to go in, but those attendents are really pushy, so in the end, was turned off by them.

proceed to eat gelato in the shop connecting with the imax theatre, and ok la, they serve quite good gelatos.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
yes correct. mimosa have to buy ticket, for both local and foreigner.

actually, inside really nothing, other than those ladyboys standing around asking u to take photo with them. i think also has one aquarium ( or something like underwater world). the place looks small, and i think the ticket is 200 bt per pax. wanted to go in, but those attendents are really pushy, so in the end, was turned off by them.

proceed to eat gelato in the shop connecting with the imax theatre, and ok la, they serve quite good gelatos.

I've mentioned, its 150 baht

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
no no, the 200bt is the entrance fee to the underwater world inside mimosa

Sorry I misunderstood. 150baht for entrance to Mimosa. So its 200baht for aquarium? Wow that's expensive cos total will be 350baht. I thought the 150baht entrance fee cold be redeem for some food or drinks I was wrong.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry I misunderstood. 150baht for entrance to Mimosa. So its 200baht for aquarium? Wow that's expensive cos total will be 350baht. I thought the 150baht entrance fee cold be redeem for some food or drinks I was wrong.

no prob bro.

yes. overall, i felt that this place is really redundent. i mean, u look at the stuff that some of the shops were selling. tibits, dried mangos etc. how do they earn?

but one good thing is the massage shop next to the main entrance. really good massage, and charge 200 bt per hour (standard rate for massage in tourist area)

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Discovered a new Okinawan restaurant last night at Thonglor's Japanese Village, 138/1 Thonglor 11. Food is great environment is great and dog friendly. Will surely go back again.

The bar outside

The outside sitting

Indoor dining with aircon

Special sake - from the south of Japan

Squid salad Thai style

Special rice roll - one filled with plumb the other filled with fish

Mixed yakitori

Special sashimi

Braised pork is one of the restaurant's special

Both of us could only eat one piece the other tahpow

Black pig sukiyaki

Individually dip in egg then into pot

Boiling pot cooking the pork

The bowl

All the above with 2 glasses of Sapporo beer, 2 bottles of that sake and green tea - 3,400 baht $132 I think its not bad the price

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was in S&P last weekend, for kopi break. No my fave mango sticky rice, but durian style. Friend did blueberry cheese cake

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just realise today is 3 in 1 day. Zhap goh meh, valentine day and also a buddhist Public holiday here.

Wishing all happy above days. Me don't celebrate, but wish all happy happy. Tomorrow 4d and lottery heng heng.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
HUAT AH EVERYBODY! My last YuSheng, tonight at Long Beach

Not forgetting the pepper crab

And cereal prawns

HUAT AH EVERYBODY!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XTBulBQTlWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aAkS4oo-VPQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XEccIiS6b44" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1Zlh5CA_5l0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/D5MbqJu5YB0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1w7nbYG90j4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cZyqlptUsLs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ov1q-h9V-Uk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NPxk4g_Z6rA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ooQxbyvxfN0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JYyTKxYgt9E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oEYB1KFrjjI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DcGPIgtuNd0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vxcbTjXautI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CJfL2pwBfH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G1RXTeWmFSg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_CNIhF_5rio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GNZEQZV4_pQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Wondering where the famous and delicious fishball noodle formerly at the Margret Drive Food Centre (outside corner shop) had gone to? It's in Mei Ling market now.

Went there for breakfast, still as good still as popular (see the queue)

Look closer price still at $2.50, if you want special it's $3

Meepok tah

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice place to makan

Pnv0pK4.jpg

KxrdSFs.jpg

ubhqZ7f.jpg

qdsX5Yb.jpg

YRdjkog.jpg

yN36eFA.jpg