• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Special breakfast this morning -chicken fishmaw abalone shiitake mushroom soup meesua. This potent soup cooked on Sunday for dinner, taste even better now.

A74F0141-84D9-4C37-87D4-903856E185ED-18552-0000039F4E8F8EE1.jpg

058A4614-D679-4FA2-8CA7-36CEF07CDCF4-18552-0000039F53E84FBA.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Dinner in a nice Thai garden restaurant near the airport

[video=youtube;4WYAlXT3Lg0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WYAlXT3Lg0[/video]

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been to Dreamworld, albeit several years ago. I'd normally take the train to Mo Chit and then cab it from there. Cabs back are in shorter supply but still available at entrance of the park unless you leave close to closing time. Dreamworld's main entrance is set some ways away from the main road so after closing time, all the cabs disappear - you'll have to walk to the main road to catch one.

About the park itself, I'd say it's fun for kids up to 12 who have not been to a real amusement park (e.g. Disney, Universal etc). It's a poor imitation of those but still OK I guess. If you are just going by yourself, or in a bunch of adults, save your money and time, you'll be bored most likely. Summary: go only if you have kids.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Jah, I have not been to Dreamworld. I heard from many Thais that their children like it however these are mostly lower income people you know what I mean? Its in the outskirt of Bangkok I'll say 40km from downtown? Not so far. Its less than 10km from my office.

Ok so what you mean is that dreamworld is something like an imitation of "higher" classed amusement parks found elsewhere?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ok so what you mean is that dreamworld is something like an imitation of "higher" classed amusement parks found elsewhere?

Yes looks like both Rotikosong and I agreed on this. Think those kids been to Disneyland and Universal Studeo no need to go la. But I have to say this is like an important park for those poorer families, many here in Thailand.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/APeKbz3iqlY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Drifter, from Japan, hahahaa..... I see this movie, remind so much of him, LOL :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ypres

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

Hi bro I am not 50 yet. What kind of visa can i apply to stay in LOS for a longer period without making visa run. I am eligible for retirement visa in 4 years time.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Hi bro I am not 50 yet. What kind of visa can i apply to stay in LOS for a longer period without making visa run. I am eligible for retirement visa in 4 years time.

Heard this discussed before by chonburifc, please wait, I am sure he will post. He is struggling with his chef now.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Heard this discussed before by chonburifc, please wait, I am sure he will post. He is struggling with his chef now.
hehehe. how you know har? today i show a few pattern, rusty a little but enough to scare him. hehehe