• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wouldn't take a bus in thailand. It's really crappy. A taxi would be better or a motorbike for the experience. If not train to be quick. My thai fren wouldn't take the bus.

I have another recommendation - long boat @ Khlong Saen Saep.

Bro, the air con buses are very comfortable, especially the OMO type. But I prefer one that comes with a conductor. Maybe ChFC would like the female conductor (or conductress) in army-like uniform.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bro, I prefer the Hazard @ Robinson Ratchada and The Mall @ Bangkapi. I prefer slim slim tall tall one.

I really don't mind to work for Hazard to interview new girls, they must have very high criteria.

Bro, the air con buses are very comfortable, especially the OMO type. But I prefer one that comes with a conductor. Maybe ChFC would like the female conductor (or conductress) in army-like uniform.

errrr you just reminded me some time ago you saw a chiobu as a boat operator

(by the way don't forget to tell your friend about panic attack, tell him its still early don't fuck around with it for too long not worth)

Last edited:

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

There was a time in the past when I had to take this Saen Saep water taxi daily from Asoke to Ram and back.
This was way before the new train line that stops at Ram so during rush hour, there was no faster way to get there.

At peak hour, the boats are crammed to the gills and you'd better perfect the quick hop-skip-jump off the pier onto the bench seats or to the standing area in the middle because the boats only stop for a couple of seconds.

If you are on the bench at the side, you have to pull up the pvc sheets high (either by hand or using the rope) - otherwise you get a khlong water "shower"

There are many stops with little to no signage in English so you need to know where to get on and off. Knowing the direction is also important - don't want to go in the opposite direction.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Always wanted to try take this but: don't know where to start ; afraid of the very dirty water ; afraid capsize

There was a time in the past when I had to take this Saen Saep water taxi daily from Asoke to Ram and back.
This was way before the new train line that stops at Ram so during rush hour, there was no faster way to get there.

At peak hour, the boats are crammed to the gills and you'd better perfect the quick hop-skip-jump off the pier onto the bench seats or to the standing area in the middle because the boats only stop for a couple of seconds.

If you are on the bench at the side, you have to pull up the pvc sheets high (either by hand or using the rope) - otherwise you get a khlong water "shower"

There are many stops with little to no signage in English so you need to know where to get on and off. Knowing the direction is also important - don't want to go in the opposite direction.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Always wanted to try take this but: don't know where to start ; afraid of the very dirty water ; afraid capsize

Wah you guys really pampered....no taking of river taxis and buses.

Suggest you start by taking the touristy river taxis that ply the Wat Arun, Royal Barges Museum type of routes first.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Obvious don't go when mao mao lah. Then we'll be reading about you in ST: "Singaporean man falls into Bangkok canal"

Ride is scary first time but I've never heard about accidents before. Some boat captains are like the old SBS non-aircon bus days - macham F1 driver.

Where to take it? An easy one is the Asoke pier which is next to the MRT station - exit MRT, walk towards Sukhumvit direction and you'll see a path that leads to the canal.

Just jump on the boat (make sure it's going in the right direction). First time, don't enter via the bench seats area. Enter the middle, where you have a bigger "landing" area. Then wait for the conductor to come and you pay. Stand in the middle to avoid the water sprays. For added bonus, go at peak times to get body-to-body with sao sao OLs.

Taxi closes down at 8pm I think

You can take it to the Pratunam pier which I think is 2 piers away, after the Nana pier. Then you can say, "I've done it, never again" and go back to your luxury pickup :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ok will try after back from states

Obvious don't go when mao mao lah. Then we'll be reading about you in ST: "Singaporean man falls into Bangkok canal"

Ride is scary first time but I've never heard about accidents before. Some boat captains are like the old SBS non-aircon bus days - macham F1 driver.

Where to take it? An easy one is the Asoke pier which is next to the MRT station - exit MRT, walk towards Sukhumvit direction and you'll see a path that leads to the canal.

Just jump on the boat (make sure it's going in the right direction). First time, don't enter via the bench seats area. Enter the middle, where you have a bigger "landing" area. Then wait for the conductor to come and you pay. Stand in the middle to avoid the water sprays. For added bonus, go at peak times to get body-to-body with sao sao OLs.

Taxi closes down at 8pm I think

You can take it to the Pratunam pier which I think is 2 piers away, after the Nana pier. Then you can say, "I've done it, never again" and go back to your luxury pickup :biggrin:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Anyone can have depression and what you described seem to me like panic attack. If you google you can see bunch of things they say about this. Its nothing serious if seek attention. Most likely will be given Prozac (happy pill) for long term help. This is a common medication for mild depression and of course it helps for your friend to see a very good family doctor first and suggest this could be the problem and then get prescription. Depression is not like "siao lang" it happens to many people including myself and even my wife. Happens especially to people in business and under a lot of pressure or can even happen to people who are extremely free.

brother, theres not depression too great that a couple of rounds with buddies at dempsey can't fix.. :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
joetys actually likes issan type of looks? I noticed some pure thais have that eurasian look due to the deep set eyes.

Yes Jah, not all Isaan la, north, south, east, west is ok as long as dark tan skin I like (I wish to clarify not shit-skin ok). Isaan happen to have big supply and the bonus is Isaan people and I confirm north people very jai-dee-mak-mak.

brother, theres not depression too great that a couple of rounds with buddies at dempsey can't fix.. :biggrin:

Yes of course but you don't talk cock so much la, last round you left so early before therapy session ended like cock teaser. Next time cannot ah?

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes of course but you don't talk cock so much la, last round you left so early before therapy session ended like cock teaser. Next time cannot ah?

okey lah, next time apply for off pass.

leave car at home, take pubic transport, drink till red assed, the balek kampong. :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sawasdee Krup everyone.

Today is probably the last day of work for most people as tomorrow is the eve of the Songkran Water Festival. For my company all of us will be wearing the festivity clothes like flowery and colourful prints to work.

1256354509_z83JLNm-XL.jpg

Water-festival-chi_1383769i.jpg

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sawasdee Krup everyone.

Today is probably the last day of work for most people as tomorrow is the eve of the Songkran Water Festival. For my company all of us will be wearing the festivity clothes like flowery and colourful prints to work.

have fun brother, take some pictures during Songkran (esp those soaked white t-shirt type :biggrin:).

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
have fun brother, take some pictures during Songkran (esp those soaked white t-shirt type :biggrin:).

No way bro wait kenna zap. Now a days this place is like a minefield. Have a nice one buddy, going to office now in my flowery shirt and my pickup truck with Luk-Tung music blasting away, how baan-nook can this get. Right or not Pii Chon?