• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I tried to draw this in powerpoint I hope you can understand. This modem/router is the same one I use for my home (3BB) nothing change. Just get them to give you the white box and the silly antenna thats all and they will setup for you.

Thanks. Understand laew. Think I cannot liaoz cos' just switch to AIS aircard for my apartment.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just had my breakfast at Big C food court. Feel like eating vegetable so order Khao Gaeng (Mix Vegetable Rice). Choose any 2 dish for THB 30 but I order extra THB 5 vegetables.

e7f99370.jpg

Something interesting while having my cigarette. There are 2 cleaners in the pic. The one sitting down is telling the one cleaning the floor mat no need to work so hard as not much people yet but the other one insist on cleaning. Two different working attitude. Guess who will be jobless soon? :wink:

a0d12301.jpg

d4129623.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There will be an amateur drifting competition in Sin City on 30-31 March - 1st April.

e04a5cff.jpg

Joetys, you will be glad to know there is also a category for pickups.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last night dinner at Moom Rabiang (Balcony Corner).

66df3e19.jpg

f5c6c009.jpg

966d5e0c.jpg

Fried Mush room. Pad Hed

9edfbf02.jpg

Pla Gao Pad Prik Thai (Black Pepper Fried Garoupa)

480c1d36.jpg

Yam Woon Sen Talay (Tang Hoon Seafood Salad)

fe1610b1.jpg

Gaeng Liang (This one is not so common as Tom Yam). It's prawn and vegetable soup. Spicy too.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Joetys, your inspirasi wheels the very macho :biggrin:

Cbfc, your cleaners FR reminds me of this: how many guys to change light bulb??. 1 for ciggie, 1 for lookout, other climb up lampost. Never mind the doggie peeeing below:p

Oops, trying to clear muck on my desk before running to catch flight at 1600:o

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Call me ok?

Joetys, your inspirasi wheels the very macho :biggrin:

Cbfc, your cleaners FR reminds me of this: how many guys to change light bulb??. 1 for ciggie, 1 for lookout, other climb up lampost. Never mind the doggie peeeing below:p

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hehehe. Not my cleaners lah but their supervisor is my drinking kaki. :eek:
Otherwise, I recruit the good cleaner liaoz.

BTW, your flight is LOS inbound or outbound??

jw5

Loyal
Thai salads are delicious, pomelo, papaya, mango, tanghoon etc.
Any advice where to get good Thai salads in SG?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Finally, the Aircon/partition works is completed. Next is the laminated flooring which hopefully can be completed by this weekend. Very long never take afternoon nap liaoz.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thai salads are delicious, pomelo, papaya, mango, tanghoon etc.
Any advice where to get good Thai salads in SG?
Think this one you have to try Golden Mile but first, you must overcome the 'strong' smell from this shopping centre. But I think most Thai restuarants will serve "YAM WOON SEN" means Tang Hoon.

If you are into Mango, then it will become "SOM TAM". Beware of this one, as there are many versions. The most hardcore version is Som Tam Plu Pla La (Papaya salad with crabs and fermented fish sauce), which even local Thais also cannot take this but have since became my favorite salad to go with whisky.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here's some info on LOS salads. Mainly 3 types:

1. Yam (Normal salad, usually with Tang Hoon and sea food)
2. Lap (This one come with Thai Herbs)
3. Som Tam (This one is papaya salads but have many variations)

Bros, please let me know if I miss out something.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here's some info on LOS salads. Mainly 3 types:

1. Yam (Normal salad, usually with Tang Hoon and sea food)
2. Lap (This one come with Thai Herbs)
3. Som Tam (This one is papaya salads but have many variations)

Bros, please let me know if I miss out something.
P'Chon, how can you describe without pictures? LOL

IMG_2531.JPG

Lap moo

IMG_2567.JPG

Som Tum (i just ate it, 5555)

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think nam tok moo (waterfall) should be under kway tiow soup category. The soup base is thick and dark in color. There's a stall near my office. Tomorrow i have nam tok.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. My friend in Ramintra busy trying out his vcross. Today no pics of good food leh.

And also welcome one of our bros who just touched down in LOS. welcome home.:smile: