• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A good pen (except Mont Blanc)

jw5

Loyal
I lost my pen at Thai custom. They wanted everything for X-ray screening, and when the items were returned my pen was missing. The sad part is I didn't notice until I was about to board the plane.

Any pen connoisseur out there ? Read the title hor - except Mont Blanc.
I have 2 suggestions:

1. Waterman

2. If you want a free pen, the next time you stay at a decent hotel, take the pen provided with the notepad. What the heck, take the notepad too. :smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you're really treating it as a writing instrument, get a Parker manuscript square-tipped fountain or a Japanese bamboo "pen" with lamb-fur brush tip. If you're looking for a jewelry, go get a Mont Blanc or DuPont, whatever you could afford and would like to show off.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any pen connoisseur out there ? Read the title hor - except Mont Blanc.

just bought a Pelikan about $2 plus for my GF, she is in private banking and said it was for good impression when she took out the pen for the client to sign the contract instead of cheap Bic ballpoint, but no Mont Blanc please as more often than not those guys would pocket the pen,

and true eenuff, the first sad fuck pocketed her Pelikan:mad:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
you can try Queensway shopping ctr, i remembered those shops selling watches,alarm clocks and pens. Look for a particular ah pek who tend the shop at the last 2nd or last level. quite good pricing compare from buying direct from the shopping ctr.

Where is a good place to buy all these branded pens?

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like BIC pens cos the tip is rounder and whatever you write is bolder,whereas pelikan's tip is sharper, when you write is like a piece of thin wire...:rolleyes::biggrin:

just bought a Pelikan about $2 plus for my GF, she is in private banking and said it was for good impression when she took out the pen for the client to sign the contract instead of cheap Bic ballpoint, but no Mont Blanc please as more often than not those guys would pocket the pen,

and true eenuff, the first sad fuck pocketed her Pelikan:mad:

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you're really treating it as a writing instrument, get a Parker manuscript square-tipped fountain or a Japanese bamboo "pen" with lamb-fur brush tip. If you're looking for a jewelry, go get a Mont Blanc or DuPont, whatever you could afford and would like to show off.

No, it's not for showing off. It must be an authentic writing instrument (not just another fashion spin-off), at the same time respectable.

The pen that was 'stolen' by the Thai custom was a Pelican.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
After I kept losing all my pens to others, now I do the smart thing. Don't bring any pen out. Borrow from others. Sometimes I don't know how come the pens I borrowed end up on my table at home. :p

Alfrescian
Loyal
I own a Mont Blanc. Just for show, not for writing.

It looks good when you are wearing office wear long sleeve shirt and tie. When someone want to borrow my pen. I always take out another cheap ball pen in another pocket to lend it to him.

Must well buy a fake and show off.

Dogsquare

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am still using Hero and Pelikan fountain pen. These are experienced pen makers.with at least 80years history..very reliable..