• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

60-year-old Indian FTrash gets EP approval for first job in S’pore

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]60-year-old FT gets EP approval for first job in S’pore[/h]

dmca_protected_sml_120n.png

PostDateIcon.png
October 15th, 2013 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

indian_IT.png

PMETs from India

Last month, I overheard the phone conversation of an Indian man in a common
area in a building. He spoke with heavy accented English saying “I am 60 years
old, divorced and have lost contact with my overseas children. If you employ me
with EP $3000, I can pay the company back $1000, trust me. $2000 is sufficient
for me, for any job. I beg you please give me a job, otherwise, I can’t pay
bills and may have to sleep on the streets or have to go back to my home
country.”

He is one of the contacts of an employment agency in the building. Everyday
there are FT applicants coming to the employment agency office to apply for
jobs.

I sympathized with that man, and wondered if he could find a job. The three
industry sectors that employ people from South Asia are bank IT, helpdesk and
F&B. Bank IT and help desk are for younger FTs below 40 years old and
F&B waiter jobs are physically too vigorous for a person in his 60s. So I
thought he may not be able to find a job. Even if he got a job MOM may not
approve it. Isn’t it better for him to go back to his home country where cost of
living is more affordable? Or at least he can grow vegetables and rear chicken
in his backyard and have decent retirement.

This month, out of curiosity, I asked the employment agency, where was that
man, had he gone back to his home country. To my surprise, he said the 60 year
old got an EP job in Singapore and is happily employed!

There is a sense of bewilderment, puzzlement. Why does MOM approve EP for a
60-year-old FT, when fully qualified locals in their 40s are having difficulty
getting jobs? How would employing senior citizen FT help our population problem?
Wouldn’t it make it worse, with more old folks to support?

I think the FT situation in banking sector is at the point of no return, as
it is already heavily entrenched by FT, at the dept manager level, HR level,
director and CEO level are infiltrated by them.
Since 2011 to the present,
majority of the newly employed are FTS, locals are minority. 75% of those
earning above $12,000 are FT, locals are minority. More than 500,000 FT has been
added to the workforce since the last election, inspite of the authorities’
promise to tighten the flow. The only chance to change the situation is a big
recession similar to the one in early 2000s.

It seems that internally in MOM, the KPI (Key Performance Indicators) is to
meet a target of 6 million population before the next election, while rejecting
some work pass application to show public, they are doing something. And then
ramp up to 6.9m after the 2016 election, when people can’t oppose.

To the public, MOM announced some cosmetic policies like Fair Consideration
Framework while deep inside they are doing something else. Do you think they are
sincere?

Fair Consideration for FT

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which employer in his right mind would hire a 60 yo ah neh ? does he have unique skills that he can contribute to the singaporean economy? fuck pap and asshole employers

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The govt is really venting its spite on us for kpkb about its White paper and liberal immigration of trash.

Look how everyday the SCM is blowing up stories of shortage of construction workers, cleaners, and helpers. Now these are sectors where we people have already said are ok to open up to FTs since locals cannot be found.

Yet, in the PMET sectors, do you often hear of complaints? E.g. do you hear Piyush Gupta the DBS CEO complaining? Do you hear the banks complaining? Quietly, I believe the govt is cutting off our feet to fit the shoes. They cull the Banglas in the construction sectors but allow in Pinoys, India nationals to the finance and It sectors. They do this to balance the numbers, at the same time, making us feel the pinch and repent.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont think yuo are right there. Those lower income ones in Singapore tend to be Tamils and Sinhalese (Ceylonese). I have heard from the horses mouths that they too resent these new arrivals. If they are equals, they become direct competition. And they cant stand the hooty tooty Bollywood atas atas type who speaks Hindi and look down on the locals. By the way, these new types have swamped the East Coast condos, and the middle ones are now filling up the rest in Sengkang, Ponggol, Pasir Ris etc. so keeping away from what they regard as the lower castes.

In general, the national decibel has risen a few octaves due to all these Indian injections. They talk and walk as if they own S'pore now.

Another problem is many many low-income to working-class singaporean-indians are very very Pro-India FTs/New immigrants and many of them welcome and want more India FTs/new immigrants to come work and settle down in spore

Last edited:

nutty

Alfrescian
Loyal
The country gone case liao. many of these old blackshits are brought in by their shit families, many of them flooding in with forged certificates from their shit villages. worst thing is using local taxpayers money to support these old blackshits and adding burden on locals who are facing hardships under Pariah & Pundek

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
No surprise that old ah neh got the job; he offered kickback. Give me $3000 to get EP, I give you back $1000. Your tax returns show wages paid $3,000 and deductible. $1000 goes into someone's pocket, tax free. Kickback of $1000 is just illustration. It can be any figure. Multiply it by workforce and the tax free amount gone missing is substantial. No wonder employers love FT and screw native sinkies. Who provides the screw driver? You know who.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is due to the racial quota requirement for the block, that is why Chinese are not allowed. They got no choice. No indians, no income. They can also rent to Malays, but Malays are dwindling in numbers relative to the Indians!

As a rental agent, you should know that.

Example many sporean-indian flatowners will reject a Malaysian-chinese or PRC or sporean-chinese tenant to rent their 3-rm flat but they welcome any India tenant with a valid work-permit to rent their flat.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you not heard fairer Indians insulting and denigrating the Indians at Little India?

you can also see for yourself by going to those sporean-indian owned small grocery shops in Geylang and Little India, you can see many of those sporean-indian shopkeepers they tend to treat the India customers(irregardless of fairer-skinned north indian or darker-skinned south indian) slightly better than the chinese customers

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, I got yr point.

Indeed, since the local Indians are being despised by the new arrivals, it beats me why they want to treat them nicer. More for business survival reasons than a natural affinity?

you missed the point in my post!

My point is many sporean-indian shopkeepers tend to treat India customers(including fairer-skinned north indian customers) slightly better than the chinese customers.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The fact that a 60 year old can secure a job shows that there is no age discrimination in Singapore.

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is caste mentality.

That's why I ever heard from a Malay taxi-driver he said he is quite puzzled and amused about chinese mentality, he said he often hear s'porean-chinese bashing PRCs but he said he had never heard of s'porean-indians bashing India-indians.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which employer in his right mind would hire a 60 yo ah neh ? does he have unique skills that he can contribute to the singaporean economy? fuck pap and asshole employers

If he can do the job and cost $2k, why not? The employer knows he has absolute control over this guy. Can work him 80 hours a week, he won't complain. Every employer will grab this type of cheap labour.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fact that a 60 year old can secure a job shows that there is no age discrimination in Singapore.

Sorry ah ...it is not that there is no age discrimination. Age discrimination is tied to wage. Since this 60-year old will work for $2k, cheap sinkee employer will grab. With absolute control over this desperate Ah Neh, employer can work him 80 hours and get away with it.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are wrong.

During my those years as a rental agent, I ever spoke/chat to many many low-income to working-class sporean-indians about the India new immigrants/FTs topic, and MOST of them are unfortunately very very PRO-India FTs/new immigrants.

Example many sporean-indian flatowners will reject a Malaysian-chinese or PRC or sporean-chinese tenant to rent their 3-rm flat but they welcome any India tenant with a valid work-permit to rent their flat.

Many many low-income sporean-indians they want the indian national percentage in singapore to increase. (To them, it doesn't matter whether the new India immigrants are from south India or from north India)

you can also see for yourself by going to those sporean-indian owned small grocery shops in Geylang and Little India, you can see many of those sporean-indian shopkeepers they tend to treat the India customers(irregardless of fairer-skinned north indian or darker-skinned south indian) slightly better than the chinese customers

Sinkee Indians feel like minority mah so if sinkapore gets flooded by more South Asians, sinkee Indians have more clout. That's the plan. You can see the 5 PAP ministers and ex-President working very hard to bring in more Ah Nehs.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro thight, I agree with your observation.

That's why I ever heard from a Malay taxi-driver he said he is quite puzzled and amused about chinese mentality, he said he often hear s'porean-chinese bashing PRCs but he said he had never heard of s'porean-indians bashing India-indians.

I myself also had not face-to-face physically heard a s'porean-indian that expressed very anti-India-new-immigrants views in person before, at least up till now not yet.

That's the problem with sinkie Chinese cus I think Chinese from other countries don't have that many Chinese dogs. These Uncle Toms hate their own race obviously but the most curious thing is why is it so apparent in the Chinese here. I believe I asked email before but he couldn't answer. At least for the american blacks in which this term originated from they were born as slaves with no culture having to adopt Ang moh names and culture and those working in the houses of their masters tended to be uncle toms as they would be closer to their masters and got to eat and live with their masters so the house niggers were a step higher up compared to the field niggers who had to work in the hot sun all day. It's very easy to see why house niggers would be uncle toms but you cannot really understand why this phenomenon occurs amongst the Chinese here and I have been calling out these Chinese dogs since the earlier days. You need to be racially aware cos these shit skins won't ever be kind to you if they become the majority unlike the Chinese that treat everyone else equally.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Limpeh welcome more shitskins time work and live in stinking land. Luckily got stinking land, If not, these shitskins go and pollute other places. For God sake, shit skins and chow pinoys, please stay in stinking land. Do the world a favor, stay in thinking land. Stinkees loves shit skins and pinoys smell, That's Why they keep quiet.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are forgetful.

That time I got post the answer to your that query.

Remember that time I posted the 4 possible reasons why some s'porean-chinese dogs always persecute/discriminate against the China-chinese.

I ever heard from my Taiwanese colleague(he is the very ANTI-China PAN-Green chen shui bian-supporter somemore). Even he said he is very shocked that got some s'porean-chinese used the racist word cheena to refer to PRCs and he is also very shocked that got some sporean-chinese often say/post very gleeful remarks whenever got PRCs die or whenever earthquake happen to China. He said in Taiwan, even the Most ardent supporter of Chen Shui Bian camp also will never use the racist word 支那人to describe PRCs

He said the PAN-Green camp in Taiwan only hates the China's government and KMT but they don't hate the PRC and they still feel for their China common brothers across the Taiwanese Straits and they do not feel happy whenever got earthquake occurs in China. That's why whenever China got earthquake or Japan's fisherman boards diao-yu-tai island, those PAN-Green Taiwanese also join in to support the PRCs and help them.

Oh yes i rememeber that one but i asked something deeper it isn't just china chinese but chinese have everywhere. Some chinese dogs hate chinese sinkies too. Remember the english vs chinese educated sinkie thing. You don't see this with the other races and i was just curious why does it seem that sinkie chinese act like this. I wonder if it occurs with chinese in other countries but i don't think so.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another problem is many many low-income to working-class singaporean-indians are very very Pro-India FTs/New immigrants and many of them welcome and want more India FTs/new immigrants to come work and settle down in spore

its only a problem if you're non-indian. you'd be sick and tired too of being in the extreme minority all the time in a country dominated by 1 ethnicity

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are keling kia?

I know vast majority of those forumners that purposely use a chinese nick in their username, they are usually indian or malay.

i was told i was born on Chiron but since then, its been a mystery to me how i got here. somedays i look in the mirror and i see a pair of slanty eyes. somedays i smell the stench of curry before i flush. on really good days, i wake up to the rays of Alpha Cen A caressing my cheeks.