• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

5 excuses to celebrate Valentine's day on a budget!

tomychua

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Article Source: http://goo.gl/yCtaCB

5 EXCUSES TO CELEBRATE V’DAY ON A BUDGET
Written by: Arthur Lee

Now that Chinese New Year is out of the way, another big day is coming up.

And it’s happening in a few days’ time.

BudgetVDay-1024x676.jpg

Valentine’s Day is this Sunday (14 February).

If you are on a tight budget this year, and you don’t intend to splurge on your partner, then here are the Top 5 lame excuses you can give for going budget this year.

1. Economic slowdown

downsizing.jpg

What you say: Dear ar, this year, PM Lee say hang cheng (economy) not good. I think we don’t spend so much. Must save for ___________ (whatever big thing you need to save for). So we eat at the KFC opposite ok?

2. Lesser Ang Bao Collection for CNY

Ang-bao.jpg

What you say: Darling! This year Aunty Rosie never give me a lot for Ang Bao leh! NTUC say more people getting retrenched at work, and Aunty Rosie is one of them, so didn’t give the cousins a lot for Ang Bao. You think we can just eat at the coffeeshop downstairs?

3. Prepare for Skills Upgrading

Cleaning.training-1024x704.jpg

What you say: Baby, economic slowdown now leh! I think we should save money and go for training instead. NTUC Chief Chan Chun Sing also say must strengthen our skills leh! Got $500 SkillsFuture credit, but still must top up with own cash for the remaining amount leh. Think we better start upgrading otherwise no money, then next time how to go for V’day dinner at Morton’s?

4. Restaurant is closed

restaurant.jpg

What you say: Babe, I called Shashlik, the restaurant at Far East Shopping Centre that I wanted to bring you leh. But I found out that they are gone for good. Now no more Russian food prepared by old Hainanese chefs liao. How ar? You think we can go to the coffeeshop near the bus interchange for Zi Char instead?

5. Fengshui Master says must be careful with money

Fengshui.jpg

What you say: Darling, Master Qian says this year of the Fire Monkey is not very good for me leh. He says I must be careful with money this year, otherwise my money kena burn up. So hor, I think this year V’day we must go budget. Maybe we should eat at Burger King at Cineleisure Orchard hor?

Valentines-Day.jpg

So if you really need to go budget this year, go ahead and use one of these excuses.

Disclaimer: Using any one of the excuses might lead to unexpected outcomes. We are not liable for any loss or damage to relationships as a result of the excuses.

Image Credits: referenceforbusiness.com, Superadrianme.com, Todayonline, puravidaguide.com, shutterstock, Singapore Flyer.

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Learn from Malays. Go cycling along East Coast park and set up a picnic for Valentine. No need to book restaurant and can bring your own food.