• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

365 days evil Scripture Reading ;)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quotes for September 21
God the Head Crusher
*** You marched across the land in awesome anger and trampled the nations in your fury.* You went out to rescue your chosen people, to save your anointed ones. *You crushed the heads of the wicked and laid bare their bones from head to toe.* With their own weapons, you destroyed those who rushed out like a whirlwind, thinking Israel would be easy prey.** (Habakkuk 3:12-14 NLT)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quote for September 22
Let Children Starve
*** So let their children starve! *Let the sword pour out their blood! *Let their wives become widows without any children! *Let their old men die in a plague, and let their young men be killed in battle!* Let screaming be heard from their homes as warriors come suddenly upon them. *For they have dug a pit for me, and they have hidden traps along my path.** (Jeremiah 18:21-22 NLT)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quotes for September 23
Eat Your Children
*** So beware, for the time is coming, says the LORD, when this place will no longer be called Topheth or the valley of the son of Hinnom, but the Valley of Slaughter. *For I will upset the battle plans of Judah and Jerusalem and let invading armies slaughter them. *The enemy will leave the dead bodies as food for the vultures and wild animals.* I will wipe Jerusalem from the face of the earth, making it a monument to their stupidity. *All who pass by will be appalled and will gasp at the destruction they see there.* I will see to it that your enemies lay siege to the city until all the food is gone. *Then those trapped inside will have to eat their own sons and daughters and friends. *They will be driven to utter despair.' * (Jeremiah 19:6-9 NLT)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quote for September 24
God Brings Disaster
*** "As these men watch, Jeremiah, smash the jar you brought with you.* Then say to them, 'This is what the LORD Almighty says: As this jar lies shattered, so I will shatter the people of Judah and Jerusalem beyond all hope of repair. *They will bury the bodies in Topheth until there is no more room.* This is what I will do to this place and its people, says the LORD. *I will cause this city to become defiled like Topheth.* Yes, all the houses in Jerusalem, including the palace of Judah's kings, will become like Topheth – all the houses where you burned incense on the rooftops to your star gods, and where drink offerings were poured out to your idols.'" *Then Jeremiah returned from Topheth where he had delivered this message, and he stopped in front of the Temple of the LORD. *He said to the people there, "This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: I will bring disaster upon this city and its surrounding towns just as I promised, because you have stubbornly refused to listen to me."** (Jeremiah 19:10-15 NLT)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quotes for September 25
God's Terror
*** The next day, when Pashhur finally released him, Jeremiah said, "Pashhur, the LORD has changed your name. *From now on you are to be called 'The Man Who Lives in Terror.'* For this is what the LORD says: I will send terror upon you and all your friends, and you will watch as they are slaughtered by the swords of the enemy. *I will hand the people of Judah over to the king of Babylon. *He will take them captive to Babylon or run them through with the sword.* And I will let your enemies plunder Jerusalem. *All the famed treasures of the city – the precious jewels and gold and silver of your kings – will be carried off to Babylon.* As for you, Pashhur, you and all your household will go as captives to Babylon. *There you will die and be buried, you and all your friends to whom you promised that everything would be all right." * (Jeremiah 20:3-6 NLT)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quotes for September 26
God Kills Men and Beasts*
*** 'This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: I will make your weapons useless against the king of Babylon and the Babylonians who are attacking you. *Yes, I will bring your enemies right into the heart of this city.* I myself will fight against you with great power, for I am very angry. *You have made me furious!* I will send a terrible plague upon this city, and both people and animals will die.* And then, says the LORD, even after King Zedekiah, his officials, and everyone else in the city have survived war, famine, and disease, I will hand them over to King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon. *He will slaughter them all without mercy, pity, or compassion.' *"Tell all the people, 'This is what the LORD says: Take your choice of life or death!* Everyone who stays in Jerusalem will die from war, famine, or disease, but those who go out and surrender to the Babylonians will live.* For I have decided to bring disaster and not good upon this city, says the LORD. *It will be captured by the king of Babylon, and he will reduce it to ashes.' * (Jeremiah 21:4-10 NLT)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quote for September 27
Kill People who don't Obey
* **If anyone rebels against your orders and does not obey every command you give him, he shall be put to death.* But be firm and steadfast.** (Joshua 1:18 NAB)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quote for September 29
Death to the Pharaoh's Son
*** Then the LORD reminded him [Moses], "When you arrive back in Egypt, go to Pharaoh and perform the miracles I have empowered you to do. *But I will make him stubborn so he will not let the people go.* Then you will tell him, 'This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son.* I commanded you to let him go, so he could worship me. *But since you have refused, be warned! *I will kill your firstborn son!'"** (Exodus 4:21-23 NLT)
(It doesn't seem right that the Pharaoh's son should be punished for something the Lord made the Pharaoh do.)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quote for September 30
God Kills the People of Judah*
*** The LORD, the God of their ancestors, repeatedly sent his prophets to warn them, for he had compassion on his people and his Temple.* But the people mocked these messengers of God and despised their words. *They scoffed at the prophets until the LORD's anger could no longer be restrained and there was no remedy. *So the LORD brought the king of Babylon against them.* The Babylonians killed Judah's young men, even chasing after them into the Temple. *They had no pity on the people, killing both young and old, men and women, healthy and sick. *God handed them all over to Nebuchadnezzar.* The king also took home to Babylon all the utensils, large and small, used in the Temple of God, and the treasures from both the LORD's Temple and the royal palace. *He also took with him all the royal princes.* Then his army set fire to the Temple of God, broke down the walls of Jerusalem, burned all the palaces, and completely destroyed everything of value.* The few who survived were taken away to Babylon, and they became servants to the king and his sons until the kingdom of Persia came to power.* So the message of the LORD spoken through Jeremiah was fulfilled. *The land finally enjoyed its Sabbath rest, lying desolate for seventy years, just as the prophet had said. * (2 Chronicles 36:15-21 NLT)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
** *Bible Quote for October 1
120,000 Killed for God
*** That is why the LORD his God allowed the king of Aram to defeat Ahaz and to exile large numbers of his people to Damascus. *The armies of Israel also defeated Ahaz and inflicted many casualties on his army.* In a single day Pekah son of Remaliah, Israel's king, killed 120,000 of Judah's troops because they had abandoned the LORD, the God of their ancestors.* Then Zicri, a warrior from Ephraim, killed Maaseiah, the king's son; Azrikam, the king's palace commander; and Elkanah, the king's second-in-command.* The armies of Israel captured 200,000 women and children from Judah and took tremendous amounts of plunder, which they took back to Samaria.** (2 Chronicles 28:5-8 NLT)***

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
** *Bible Quotes for October 2
Killed for Their Pastureland
*** These were the names of some of the leaders of Simeon's wealthy clans, who traveled to the region of Gedor, in the east part of the valley, seeking pastureland for their flocks.* They found lush pastures there, and the land was quiet and peaceful.* Some of Ham's descendants had been living in the region of Gedor.* But during the reign of King Hezekiah of Judah, the leaders of Simeon invaded it and completely destroyed the homes of the descendants of Ham and of the Meunites. *They killed everyone who lived there and took the land for themselves, because they wanted its good pastureland for their flocks.* Five hundred of these invaders from the tribe of Simeon went to Mount Seir, led by Pelatiah, Neariah, Rephaiah, and Uzziel – all sons of Ishi.* They destroyed the few Amalekites who had survived, and they have lived there ever since.** (1 Chronicles 4:38-43 NLT)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
** *Bible Quote for October 3
God Makes Others Pay for Jehoram's Sins
*** Then Elijah the prophet wrote Jehoram this letter: "This is what the LORD, the God of your ancestor David, says: You have not followed the good example of your father, Jehoshaphat, or your grandfather King Asa of Judah.* Instead, you have been as evil as the kings of Israel. You have led the people of Jerusalem and Judah to worship idols, just as King Ahab did in Israel. *And you have even killed your own brothers, men who were better than you.* So now the LORD is about to strike you, your people, your children, your wives, and all that is yours with a heavy blow.* You yourself will be stricken with a severe intestinal disease until it causes your bowels to come out." *Then the LORD stirred up the Philistines and the Arabs, who lived near the Ethiopians, to attack Jehoram.* They marched against Judah, broke down its defenses, and carried away everything of value in the royal palace, including his sons and his wives. *Only his youngest son, Ahaziah, was spared. *It was after this that the LORD struck Jehoram with the severe intestinal disease.* In the course of time, at the end of two years, the disease caused his bowels to come out, and he died in agony. *His people did not build a great fire to honor him at his funeral as they had done for his ancestors.** (2 Chronicles 21:12-19)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
** *Bible Quotes for October 4
Murder and Forced Circumcision
*** Then they were joined by a group of Hasideans, valiant Israelites, all of them devout followers of the law. *And all those who were fleeing from the disaster joined them and supported them. *They gathered an army and struck down sinners in their anger and lawbreakers in their wrath, and the survivors fled to the Gentiles for safety. *Mattathias and his friends went about and tore down the pagan altars; they also enforced circumcision for any uncircumcised boys whom they found in the territory of Israel. *They put to flight the arrogant, and the work prospered in their hands. *They saved the law from the hands of the Gentiles and of the kings and did not let the sinner triumph.* *(1 Maccabees 2:42-48 NAB)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
** *Bible Quote for October 6
Slavery
*** All the people that remained of the Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites, who were not of Israel-- that is, their descendants remaining in the land, whom the Israelites had not destroyed--Solomon subjected to forced labor, as they continue to this day. *But Solomon did not enslave the Israelites for his works. *They became soldiers, commanders of his warriors, and commanders of his chariots and his horsemen. *They were also King Solomon's two hundred and fifty overseers who had charge of the people.** (2 Chronicles 8:7-10 NAB)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
** *Bible Quotes for October 7
God Brings Evil
*** "But if you turn away and forsake my statutes and commands which I placed before you, if you proceed to venerate and worship strange gods, then I will uproot the people from the land I gave them; I will cast from my sight this house which I have consecrated to my honor, and I will make it a proverb and a byword among all peoples. *This temple which is so exalted--everyone passing by it will be amazed and ask: 'Why has the LORD done this to this land and to this house?' *And men will answer: 'They forsook the LORD, the God of their fathers, who brought them out of the land of Egypt, and they adopted strange gods and worshiped them and served them. *That is why he has brought down upon them all this evil.'"** (2 Chronicles 7:19-22 NAB)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
** *Bible Quote for October 9
God Kills to Make Believers
*** The anger of God rose against them, and he killed their strongest men; he struck down the finest of Israel's young men.* But in spite of this, the people kept on sinning. They refused to believe in his miracles.* So he ended their lives in failure and gave them years of terror.* When God killed some of them, the rest finally sought him. *They repented and turned to God.** (Psalms 78:31-34 NLT)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
** *Bible Quotes for October 10
The Exodus *
*** For he turned their rivers into blood, so no one could drink from the streams.* He sent vast swarms of flies to consume them and hordes of frogs to ruin them.* He gave their crops to caterpillars; their harvest was consumed by locusts.* He destroyed their grapevines with hail and shattered their sycamores with sleet.* He abandoned their cattle to the hail, their livestock to bolts of lightning.* He loosed on them his fierce anger – all his fury, rage, and hostility. *He dispatched against them a band of destroying angels.* He turned his anger against them; he did not spare the Egyptians' lives but handed them over to the plague.* He killed the oldest son in each Egyptian family, the flower of youth throughout the land of Egypt.* But he led his own people like a flock of sheep, guiding them safely through the wilderness.* He kept them safe so they were not afraid; but the sea closed in upon their enemies.* He brought them to the border of his holy land, to this land of hills he had won for them.* He drove out the nations before them; he gave them their inheritance by lot. *He settled the tribes of Israel into their homes.** (Psalms 78:44-55 NLT)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
** *Bible Quote for October 13
Destroy People*
*** They did not destroy the peoples as the LORD had commanded them, but mingled with the nations and imitated their ways. * (Psalms 106:34-35 NAB)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
** *Bible Quotes for October 14
Kill Blasphemers
*** For four days Maccabeus and his men eagerly besieged the fortress. *Those inside, relying on the strength of the place, kept repeating outrageous blasphemies and uttering abominable words. *When the fifth day dawned, twenty young men in the army of Maccabeus, angered over such blasphemies, bravely stormed the wall and with savage fury cut down everyone they encountered. *Others who climbed up the same way swung around on the defenders, taking the besieged in the rear; they put the towers to the torch, spread the fire and burned the blasphemers alive. *Still others broke down the gates and let in the rest of the troops, who took possession of the city. *Timothy had hidden in a cistern, but they killed him, along with his brother Chaereas, and Apollophanes. *On completing these exploits, they blessed, with hymns of grateful praise, the Lord who shows great kindness to Israel and grants them victory. * (2 Maccabees 10:33-38 NAB)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
** *Bible Quote for October 16
Don't Think
*** Trust in the LORD with all your heart, on your own intelligence rely not.** (Proverbs 3:5 NAB)