• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

365 days evil Scripture Reading ;)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quote for August 21
Kill False Prophets

*** If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.** (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quote for August 22
Don't Rob God
*** "Should people cheat God? *Yet you have cheated me! *"But you ask, 'What do you mean? *When did we ever cheat you?'* "You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me.* You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me.* Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. *If you do," says the LORD Almighty, "I will open the windows of heaven for you. *I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in! *Try it! *Let me prove it to you!* Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease. *Your grapes will not shrivel before they are ripe," says the LORD Almighty.* *(Malachi 3:8-11 NLT)
(Doesn't it seem really stupid that an all-powerful God claims he can bring food and grapes to the masses but he can't even feed himself?)

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gosh long time.....wonder where have Rev Psalm gone..he has stopped his scriptures....together with Sir Kinana, St Conqueror and the heated arguement days.....

it was hilarious reading them...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Gosh long time.....wonder where have Rev Psalm gone..he has stopped his scriptures....together with Sir Kinana, St Conqueror and the heated arguement days.....

it was hilarious reading them...

Maybe they have received enlightenment Liao :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quote for September 2
Plagues for Nonbelieving Nations
*** And the LORD will send a plague on all the nations that fought against Jerusalem. *Their people will become like walking corpses, their flesh rotting away. *Their eyes will shrivel in their sockets, and their tongues will decay in their mouths.* On that day they will be terrified, stricken by the LORD with great panic. *They will fight against each other in hand-to-hand combat; Judah, too, will be fighting at Jerusalem. *The wealth of all the neighboring nations will be captured – great quantities of gold and silver and fine clothing.* This same plague will strike the horses, mules, camels, donkeys, and all the other animals in the enemy camps. *In the end, the enemies of Jerusalem who survive the plague will go up to Jerusalem each year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Shelters. *And any nation anywhere in the world that refuses to come to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, will have no rain.* And if the people of Egypt refuse to attend the festival, the LORD will punish them with the same plague that he sends on the other nations who refuse to go.* Egypt and the other nations will all be punished if they don't go to celebrate the festival.* *(Zechariah 14:12-19 NLT)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quote for September 3
Children Punished for Their Father's Sins
*** Please, Lord, prove that your power is as great as you have claimed it to be. *For you said, "The LORD is slow to anger and rich in unfailing love, forgiving every kind of sin and rebellion. *Even so he does not leave sin unpunished, but he punishes the children for the sins of their parents to the third and fourth generations."* *(Numbers 14:17-18 NLT)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quotes for September 4
Women are Subordinate to Men
*** But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ.* Every man who has something on his head while praying or prophesying disgraces his head.* But every woman who has her head uncovered while praying or prophesying disgraces her head, for she is one and the same as the woman whose head is shaved.* For if a woman does not cover her head, let her also have her hair cut off; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, let her cover her head.* For a man ought not to have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man.* For man does not originate from woman, but woman from man; for indeed man was not created for the woman's sake, but woman for the man's sake.* Therefore the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels.** (1 Corinthians 11:3-10 NAS)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quote for September 5
Men with Long Hair are a Disgrace
Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him, but if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her? *For her hair is given to her for a covering.* *(1 Corinthians 11:14-15 NAS)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quote for September 6
Be Slaves of Babylon
*** By my great power I have made the earth and all its people and every animal. *I can give these things of mine to anyone I choose.* Now I will give your countries to King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, who is my servant. *I have put everything, even the wild animals, under his control.* All the nations will serve him and his son and his grandson until his time is up. *But then many nations and great kings will conquer and rule over Babylon.* So you must submit to Babylon's king and serve him; put your neck under Babylon's yoke! *I will punish any nation that refuses to be his slave, says the LORD. *I will send war, famine, and disease upon that nation until Babylon has conquered it. * (Jeremiah 27:5-8 NLT)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quote for September 6
Be Slaves of Babylon
*** By my great power I have made the earth and all its people and every animal. *I can give these things of mine to anyone I choose.* Now I will give your countries to King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, who is my servant. *I have put everything, even the wild animals, under his control.* All the nations will serve him and his son and his grandson until his time is up. *But then many nations and great kings will conquer and rule over Babylon.* So you must submit to Babylon's king and serve him; put your neck under Babylon's yoke! *I will punish any nation that refuses to be his slave, says the LORD. *I will send war, famine, and disease upon that nation until Babylon has conquered it. * (Jeremiah 27:5-8 NLT)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quotes for September 9
Circumcise Your Slaves
*** God said to Abraham, "As for you, you shall keep my covenant, you and your offspring after you throughout their generations.* This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your offspring after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised.* You shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskins, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and you.* Throughout your generations every male among you shall be circumcised when he is eight days old, including the slave born in your house and the one bought with your money from any foreigner who is not of your offspring.* Both the slave born in your house and the one bought with your money must be circumcised. *So shall my covenant be in your flesh an everlasting covenant.* *(Genesis 17:9-13 NRS)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quote for September 10
Murder in Gods Name
*** Solomon heard that Shimei had left Jerusalem and had gone to Gath and returned.* So he sent for Shimei and demanded, "Didn't I make you swear by the LORD and warn you not to go anywhere else, or you would surely die? *And you replied, 'The sentence is fair; I will do as you say.'* Then why haven't you kept your oath to the LORD and obeyed my command?" *The king also said to Shimei, "You surely remember all the wicked things you did to my father, King David. *May the LORD punish you for them.* But may I receive the LORD's rich blessings, and may one of David's descendants always sit on this throne."* Then, at the king's command, Benaiah son of Jehoiada took Shimei outside and killed him. So the kingdom was now firmly in Solomon's grip. * (1 Kings 2:41-46 NLT)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quotes for September 11
Destroy Towns of Nonbelievers
*** "Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods.* In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. *If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock.* Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it.* Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God.* That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt.* Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction.* Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you.* He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors.* "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."** (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quote for September 12
Nations Saved for Target Practice
*** The LORD left certain nations in the land to test those Israelites who had not participated in the wars of Canaan.* He did this to teach warfare to generations of Israelites who had no experience in battle.* These were the nations: the Philistines (those living under the five Philistine rulers), all the Canaanites, the Sidonians, and the Hivites living in the hill country of Lebanon from Mount Baal-hermon to Lebo-hamath.* These people were left to test the Israelites – to see whether they would obey the commands the LORD had given to their ancestors through Moses. * (Judges 3:1-4 NLT)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quote for September 13
God Kills Innocent Kids
*** While he was still speaking, another messenger arrived with this news: "Your sons and daughters were feasting in their oldest brother's home.* Suddenly, a powerful wind [sent by God] swept in from the desert and hit the house on all sides. *The house collapsed, and all your children are dead. *I am the only one who escaped to tell you."** (Job 1:18-19 NLT)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quotes for September 14
Young Widows are Bad News
*** The younger widows should not be on the list [for financial support from the Church], because their physical desires will overpower their devotion to Christ and they will want to remarry.* Then they would be guilty of breaking their previous pledge.* Besides, they are likely to become lazy and spend their time gossiping from house to house, getting into other people's business and saying things they shouldn't.* So I advise these younger widows to marry again, have children, and take care of their own homes. *Then the enemy will not be able to say anything against them.* For I am afraid that some of them have already gone astray and now follow Satan. * (1 Timothy 5:11-15 NLT)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quote for September 15
Two Killed for Strange Fire*
*** And Nadab and Abihu died before Jehovah, when they offered strange fire before Jehovah, in the wilderness of Sinai, and they had no children. * (Numbers 3:4 ASV)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quote for September 17
A Worthless Race
*** But you, draw near, you sons of a sorceress, adulterous, wanton race!* Of whom do you make sport, at whom do you open wide your mouth, and put out your tongue?* Are you not a rebellious children, a worthless race;"* *(Isaiah 57:3-4 NAB)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quotes for September 19
A Call to War
*** Say to the nations far and wide: "Get ready for war! *Call out your best warriors! *Let all your fighting men advance for the attack! *Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruning hooks into spears. *Train even your weaklings to be warriors. *Come quickly, all you nations everywhere! *Gather together in the valley." *And now, O LORD, call out your warriors! *"Let the nations be called to arms. *Let them march to the valley of Jehoshaphat. *There I, the LORD, will sit to pronounce judgment on them all. *Now let the sickle do its work, for the harvest is ripe. *Come, tread the winepress because it is full. *The storage vats are overflowing with the wickedness of these people." *Thousands upon thousands are waiting in the valley of decision. *It is there that the day of the LORD will soon arrive. *The sun and moon will grow dark, and the stars will no longer shine. *The LORD's voice will roar from Zion and thunder from Jerusalem, and the earth and heavens will begin to shake. *But to his people of Israel, the LORD will be a welcoming refuge and a strong fortress. *"Then you will know that I, the LORD your God, live in Zion, my holy mountain. *Jerusalem will be holy forever, and foreign armies will never conquer her again.** (Joel 3:9-17 NLT some Bibles have this as chapter 4)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
*** Bible Quote for September 20
Death Used for Crowd Control
*** And let them be ready for the third day. *For on the third day the Lord will come down upon Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people.* You shall set bounds for the people all around, saying, 'Take heed to yourselves that you do not go up to the mountain or touch its base. *Whoever touches the mountain shall surely be put to death.* Not a hand shall touch him, but he shall surely be stoned or shot with an arrow; whether man or beast, he shall not live.' *When the trumpet sounds long, they shall come near the mountain."* *(Exodus 19:11-13 NKJV)