• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

30-year-old grad sent out 500 job applications to no avail

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hehehe. SBF not a good place to start. Probably start with his NS/JC/secondary friends or even relatives. Surely have someone got lobang.

I guess the problem with Sinkee education is to produce the ultimate scholars. Networking is never part of the syllabus.

SBF Thailand thread not bad lah. Got Bangkok Godfather and Pattaya Godfather. Ramesh can sprout external wings.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SBF Thailand thread not bad lah. Got Bangkok Godfather and Pattaya Godfather. Ramesh can sprout external wings.
Hahahaha. This 'Pattaya Godfather' is just a retired, beer and whisky drinking Chi Ko Pek. :biggrin: Worst is few weeks ago just motorcycle buang only. Wounds almost healed. Think can go swimming in the next few days liaoz. Hehehehe.

Ramesh will faint if he see me in person. :p

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes I feel sad reading letters like this.

I hope more Singaporeans, graduates especially, are able to fend for themselves. Writing letters to the media to complain about the lack of opportunities, or even discrimination against locals or your degrees, is never going to alleviate the circumstances. At best it's just a personal consolation that you're not at fault for failing to eke out a living because you think you have done your part by obtaining degrees and diplomas.

Life is exciting because of the presence of uncertainties. Singaporeans have been conditioned to using good paper qualifications in exchange for certainties in life. This is an extension of the scholarship system, where a string of excellent 'O' and 'A' level results will ensure a proper income flow for the rest of your life. In exchange, we give up the excitements of life, the courage to brave uncertainties and confront all things in life which you fear. Freedom does not come serving on a platter. You will experience freedom the moment you overcome your fear.

Hate PAP for all the wrong policies. But love PAP for giving you the ultimate opportunity to prove your worth in life.

Last edited:

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
30 years old, just nice qualify to drive taxi in government-protected industry

If hardworking can make $5,000 especially since so young and energetic

If slacker, choose destination, can still make $3,000

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what happen if involves in traffic accident, taxi company ask you to pay for the damage? Or worse side swipe by luxury cars.

30 years old, just nice qualify to drive taxi in government-protected industry

If hardworking can make $5,000 especially since so young and energetic

If slacker, choose destination, can still make $3,000

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
gosh 500?? guess i have sent out even more than 1000......same reply: ....too young...too old.. over qualify....no experience......experience not related.....cant afford your services.....you are local...we are looking for foreigners or students......damn...

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He should try to be a 6k taxi driver.
Or jobs that many sinkies are currently employed in, security guards, cleaners, dishwashers....or he can be self employed and collect drink cans, cardboard, sell tissue papers etc

That's a whole list of jobs waiting for him....this bugger is just plain choosy.

hi there

1. bro, bingo!
2. this ah neh just has kosong relevant working experience.
3. only so-called booksmart!
4. in today's work environment, you really need tons of eq & being streetsmart!
5. oops!
6. he still believes the entire world owes him some explanation.
7. well, his parents can support mah!

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
All of you seems to slam him for his degree. Isn't this the same form of elitism potrayed by PAP?
1) If he has taken this degree in Singapore from one of the night classes in Singapore, then the question would be on MOE. If this uni is allowed in Singapore, then why not recognise it?
2) Not everyone can afford to study at a well-established university. Some are using their degrees as a means to get themselves out of the poverty trap.
3) The way some of you slam him gives me the impression that you graduate from Oxbridge or some Ivy League unis. Reflect on this.
4) Lastly, most companies in the private sector don't really give a shit on which unis you are from.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
My name is Ramesh. I am 30 years old and unemployed.
I have completed my Masters of Science in Management from Anglia Ruskin University, England.
I also have a Bachelor’s Degree, 2 Diplomas and other educational certificates

Hey this 'grad' should ask himself what type of Mickey Mouse uni degree he obtained before asking why employers do not wish to hire him. Why does he need to many certifications? There are so many people earning a decent living with just one Poly diploma.

I wonder what working experience does he actually has and what pay did he ask for.

LumparChee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anglia Ruskin University? What frigging crap U is that? Never heard of in my life! :confused:

Anglia Ruskin University Profile

Anglia Ruskin University (formerly Anglia Polytechnic University) is a leading new university in England, with campuses in Cambridge and Chelmsford. It has five Faculties of study:

•Ashcroft International Business School

•Faculty of Arts, Law and Social Sciences

•Faculty of Health and Social Care

•Faculty of Education

•Faculty of Science and Technology
The Anglia Ruskin MBA is accredited to the Association of Business Schools (ABS) - a body representing UK leading business schools.

Ranking Profile:

- ranked in the Top 10 for its Welcome, Arrival and Orientation Programme for new international students in the 2007/8 International Student Barometer.

- In the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) ratings, Anglia Ruskin is rated 86th in the Times Higher Education tables. It is placed on top of the new universities for Psychology, 2nd for English Language and Literature and 3rd for History.

- According to the Independent Complete University Guide, it is placed 104th in 2008 and 109th in 2009.

- 83rd in the Guardian University Guide 2010 (placed 71st in 2009).

- placed among the Guardian’s ‘Six of the best’ performing universities for English excellence, ranking 3rd in the Guardian’s subject table.

- 71st in the Times Ranking of Hospitality, Leisure, Sport, Recreation and Tourism Programs 2009.

- 69th for Drama, Dance and Cinematics, 87th for History Degree Courses (Times 2009).

- 4th in the "Green League" of British universities, compiled by People and Planet.

- In the Times Good University Guide, it is placed 87th in 2007, 104th in 2008, and 106th in 2009.

- 112th in the Sunday Times University Guide 2008.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anglia Ruskin University (formerly Anglia Polytechnic University) is a leading new university in England, with campuses in Cambridge and Chelmsford. It has five Faculties of study:

•Faculty of Education

The Anglia Ruskin MBA is accredited to the Association of Business Schools (ABS) - a body representing UK leading business schools.

Ranking Profile:

- ranked in the Top 10 for its Welcome, Arrival and Orientation Programme for new international students in the 2007/8 International Student Barometer.

- In the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) ratings, Anglia Ruskin is rated 86th in the Times Higher Education tables. It is placed on top of the new universities for Psychology, 2nd for English Language and Literature and 3rd for History.

- According to the Independent Complete University Guide, it is placed 104th in 2008 and 109th in 2009.

- placed among the Guardian’s ‘Six of the best’ performing universities for English excellence, ranking 3rd in the Guardian’s subject table.

- 71st in the Times Ranking of Hospitality, Leisure, Sport, Recreation and Tourism Programs 2009.

- 69th for Drama, Dance and Cinematics, 87th for History Degree Courses (Times 2009).

- 4th in the "Green League" of British universities, compiled by People and Planet.

- In the Times Good University Guide, it is placed 87th in 2007, 104th in 2008, and 106th in 2009.

Pay so much for a fark up degree from a fark up U! Now come and kow beh no job! I don't even have a basic degree and yet I own a company (17 staff), a car, an HDB flat (fully paid up), 2 private apartments (1 local, 1 overseas) and a commercial unit (fully paid up). Study Masters for fark?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah lau,,,the ranking damn low man,,,,in UK can still get job,,but over in Spore,,,surely not recognised one,,,no wonder he cannot get job in Gahmen sector as he did not go through the established PAP route,,must be NUS and NTU, if foreign degree must be on scholarship,,,part time overseas degree can forget it,,Civil Serpants wont even look at you

•Faculty of Education

Ranking Profile:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if this keling has already called singapore companies "racist" for not hiring him. :rolleyes:

I wonder if he is as crazy as tiong to burn the office. Remember the burning incident when the China girl rejected him (China). The girl was set alight after the dousing of flammable fluid. Dono what happened after the arrest.