• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

3 clowns announce their candidatcy for next GE

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
I welcome anyone who is interested in politics to stand for elections, you included. Even if it means that you would stand in the same ward as me, so be it. Anyone who believes in Democracy will not be afraid of contest and public challenges in an elections.

In fact, I am going to announce the candidacy of my GRC team very soon and just hope that the GRC I am targeting would stay intact.

Goh Meng Seng

how many candidate will NSP be sending in the coming GE?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
how many candidate will NSP be sending in the coming GE?

I am not in the position to answer you exactly how many candidates NSP will be sending but it will be quite substantial according to what I know so far.

2 GRC teams including mine have been confirmed with candidates filled. 2 more teams are in the making. There will be several SMC candidates. Hopefully NSP could field up to 20 candidates or more.

On the other hand, I think we should respect each and every opposition candidates, regardless of which political party they are from, in making the decision to contest in the GE. My aim is to have full contest for all 84 seats if possible. There are of course several bickering of the past between individuals or even different opposition parties but I think it is time to put all these to the past and concentrate on providing adequate contest and challenge to PAP's monopoly of power.

Goh Meng Seng

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I welcome anyone who is interested in politics to stand for elections, you included. Even if it means that you would stand in the same ward as me, so be it. Anyone who believes in Democracy will not be afraid of contest and public challenges in an elections.

In fact, I am going to announce the candidacy of my GRC team very soon and just hope that the GRC I am targeting would stay intact.

Goh Meng Seng

we will see.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not in the position to answer you exactly how many candidates NSP will be sending but it will be quite substantial according to what I know so far.

2 GRC teams including mine have been confirmed with candidates filled. 2 more teams are in the making. There will be several SMC candidates. Hopefully NSP could field up to 20 candidates or more.

On the other hand, I think we should respect each and every opposition candidates, regardless of which political party they are from, in making the decision to contest in the GE. My aim is to have full contest for all 84 seats if possible. There are of course several bickering of the past between individuals or even different opposition parties but I think it is time to put all these to the past and concentrate on providing adequate contest and challenge to PAP's monopoly of power.

Goh Meng Seng

do not forget. the snake in my avatar is loose. he has created some mini havocs and disruption in RP. he thought he was shrewd, cunning and really manipulative. however, it was a lucky thing that many of his misdeeds were already in the know.

his last mischief was trying to sow discord in WP by defaming ltk. the bickering within the opps and the discords would not stop until our slittery snake of about 3ft plus is thoroughly stewed!:smile:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
do not forget. the snake in my avatar is loose. he has created some mini havocs and disruption in RP. he thought he was shrewd, cunning and really manipulative. however, it was a lucky thing that many of his misdeeds were already in the know.

his last mischief was trying to sow discord in WP by defaming ltk. the bickering within the opps and the discords would not stop until our slittery snake of about 3ft plus is thoroughly stewed!:smile:

Please enlighten me, what discord by defaming LTK?

Goh Meng Seng

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the nerd posted:

The SDP said it before and we say it again: Singapore’s Opposition cannot stand up for the people on bended knees.

A party that chooses to remain aloof

The Worker’s Party has thus far chosen to remain aloof, seldom cooperating publicly with other opposition parties except during an election period when everyone wants to avoid 3 cornered fights.

For example, the WP has consistently avoided participating in seminars and forums organized by the SDP, such as the forum on electoral reform held on 20 Jan 2008 and the Opposition Unity forum held earlier this year. They also did not participate in the Budget forum organized by the Reform Party on 28 Feb 2009.

So what is WP’s strategy?

All this discussion begs the question: So what exactly is WP’s political strategy?

more details and satire from:

http://martialartsinlocalpolitics.blogspot.com/2009/06/jj-is-now-trying-to-tickle-wp-clan.html

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are more nonsense from SDP than any other opp parties. do we hear them criticising themselves? does ng ejay, the slittery snake ever comment at SDP's follies?

if he's a unbiased and fair person, why isn't he speaking up? things like chiatilik with his "tiger head and snake tail" performance of pleading guilty and trying to act cute infront of the judge resulting in extra fines....what did this 1/2past6 blurcock lawyer rant? to glorify the whole silly drama, what did chee, the real instigator, react? he praised it to be "patriotism at the highest level".

if all these SDPpies aren't clowns, i dunno who are more qualified.:smile:

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are more nonsense from SDP than any other opp parties. do we hear them criticising themselves? does ng ejay, the slittery snake ever comment at SDP's follies?

the resident lanjiao sucking unemployed parasite old fart faggot fake monk PAP dog Bob Sim Kheng Hwee,

temple thief, swindler, fraudster, cheat, con-artist, liar, deceiver, betrayer, all rolled into one!

the slittery snake ... LOL

ltssnakeredundiespp0.jpg

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal

if he's a unbiased and fair person, why isn't he speaking up? things like chiatilik with his "tiger head and snake tail" performance of pleading guilty and trying to act cute infront of the judge resulting in extra fines....what did this 1/2past6 blurcock lawyer rant? to glorify the whole silly drama, what did chee, the real instigator, react? he praised it to be "patriotism at the highest level".

if all these SDPpies aren't clowns, i dunno who are more qualified.:smile:

Why everthing that come out from your cheebye mouth looks like you are doing this..........LOL...............LOL

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JNj9UJmAnC4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JNj9UJmAnC4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are of course several bickering of the past between individuals or even different opposition parties but I think it is time to put all these to the past and concentrate on providing adequate contest and challenge to PAP's monopoly of power.

Goh Meng Seng

Bickering? I think the worse an opposition member can do is not the bickering but making their own affiliation look worse than what they are. If an opposition voter like me doesn't see bickering, please don't concoct or remind people (even if there is) of any "bickering".

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree.

I believe people will vote opposition for the sake of it if there is nothing negative about the candidate even if they have little clue who the chap is.

If an opposition voter like me doesn't see bickering, please don't concoct or remind people (even if there is) of any "bickering".

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree.

I believe people will vote opposition for the sake of it if there is nothing negative about the candidate even if they have little clue who the chap is.

It's fine when people have no clue about who the opposition candidate is. For that matter most have no clue as to who their PAP candidate is. The MSM certainly didn't want people to know more about the opposition and it didn't want to be known as a PAP newsletter either, so it rarely reported on them except ministers. As a result politics is little and the habit of not bothering has sunk in. The internet came too late, and no one is interested anymore despite technology advances.

However I shudder to think that some opposition are as clueless as to what can make the opposition stronger and are doing everything opposite possible in the other direction. I'm equally clueless on why they would want to do that when they are on the verge of extinction, or are they aware of that in the 1st place.

Funny, it might be the PAP saving the opposition in the end by offering NCMPs or there may only be PAP and NMPs. Maybe that is why the NCMP. Don't think PAP thinks zero opposition won't hurt themselves.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The classic example is the Yaw screwing himself. It will come back to haunt him, his GRC team mates and the party to so extent. Warped logic, the failure to apologise and still acting as though its a trivial matter.

e, and no one is interested anymore despite technology advances.

However I shudder to think that some opposition are as clueless as to what can make the opposition stronger and are doing everything opposite possible in the other direction. I'm equally clueless on why they would want to do that when they are on the verge of extinction, or are they aware of that in the 1st place.

NMP scheme is allow the PAP to make a claim that parliament is not dominated by PAP MPs. Its a face saving exercise for family members of the ruling elite who travel abroad, studing in Ivy League colleges, being members of elite international societies and clubs who will laughed at when they claim Singapore is a democracy.

Maybe that is why the NCMP. Don't think PAP thinks zero opposition won't hurt themselves.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The classic example is the Yaw screwing himself. It will come back to haunt him, his GRC team mates and the party to so extent. Warped logic, the failure to apologise and still acting as though its a trivial matter.

NMP scheme is allow the PAP to make a claim that parliament is not dominated by PAP MPs. Its a face saving exercise for family members of the ruling elite who travel abroad, studing in Ivy League colleges, being members of elite international societies and clubs who will laughed at when they claim Singapore is a democracy.

Don't worry about Yaw, he will take up NCMP if WP CEC wants him to, even though he look down at NCMP as "backdoor". :smile:

Whether Singapore has opposition MPs or not, I think hardly any Singaporeans will lose sleep over it. I just play my part, so does Yaw and his party.

Goh Meng Seng

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

If it worked I am sure they wouldn't need more NCMPs. People could tell it is not any different from China, so more ways/are were needed.

The Yaw issue leaves the PAP side a question mark while (it's true) you lost your own side, whereas there's worse things you can do to lose the chance of getting the PAP side to your side, with no guarantee of keeping your side. For that matter WP and key members are rarely heard speaking on other opposition. Probably don't care since they remember they came in for the PAP in the 1st place. Seems the rest oppose a different thing now. With here one opposition man reminding us of "bickering" and his ex-party.

Yes. Those close to the SDP found this and LTK's remark, Sylvia's IBA "comments" and their forums the 4 primary things touching raw nerve. Notice all 4 oft-repeated series had some relation to them. The first involved their candidate, former incumbent long gained infamy, 2nd was alluding a remark to their chief, 3rd on their trademark international engagement. Nothing was ever harped about WP not joining SDA or attending RP's forums. Surprised you didn't notice.

Last edited: