• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

12th Parliament saw many MP speak Mandarin

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indonesia has always been 印度尼西亚, just shortened in the past to 印尼
澳洲 is technically Australia the continent. 澳大利亚 is Australia the country.
Rice and New Zealand I agree with you.

aiya wayang for the new citizens mah....mostly PRCs..

and for those who follow Chinese news, you would already have noticed that the media has changed certain names to be in line with what they do in PRC...

for example:

indonesia is used to called 印尼, now, 印度尼西亚 KNN...so awkward
australia is used to be called 澳洲, now, 澳大利亚
rice is simply known to be 白米,now, 大米 - wtf is that?

new zealand is used to be called 纽西兰,now, 新西兰

CCB...why must we changed our terminology to suit those PRCs? Since when you cut the foot to fit the shoe?

jw5

Loyal
Aiyah, they speak mandarin so that the newly minted prc-residents can understand and the newly minted p-resident cannot understand lah. :biggrin:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TuKZrBHcVi0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="480"></iframe>

knn! this song izzit! :biggrin:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not speak Hokkien, Cantonese and all the dialects? Sure will have swear words. Does Mr. Eurasian Speaker understand what they are saying?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
or for customs its 关卡 but always pronounced as Guan Chia, chia the PRC cheebye lah!

Guanqia 关卡。It's the standard pronunciation whether PRC, ROC or Singapore. Some characters have variable pronunciations. Another example is 着 which can be zhuo or zhao depending on the accompanying character forming the compound word.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should all the way English. So wat if want to impress new prc
or MM advice? All new citizen must pass English.

I notice that Zaqy spoke Malay; kind of buay song.
In yrs to come, Im sure ALL in England.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are all wrong. They are speaking Mandarin because of Chen Show Mow.
They are just making it clear to Mr Chen that they can take him on in Mandarin.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
indonesia is used to called 印尼, now, 印度尼西亚 KNN...so awkward
australia is used to be called 澳洲, now, 澳大利亚
rice is simply known to be 白米,now, 大米 - wtf is that?

new zealand is used to be called 纽西兰,now, 新西兰

CCB...why must we changed our terminology to suit those PRCs? Since when you cut the foot to fit the shoe?

Bro. Thanks for this info. I dont watch TV much. Was watching Ch 8 news with family, then got this new "australia". I was wondering if i heard wrong or did the newscaster pronouce wrongly. Now i know why.

Do we have to change everything we know just to bring in those 3rd world rubbish from PRC n India??!!! What is happening to our beloved Singapore??

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
What we should be seeing is more PAP MPs doing and the Opp MPs talking!

PAP MPs have been talking since they went in by the back doors, with the Ministers holding the doors open, like highly paid commissionaires.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
What we should be seeing is more PAP MPs doing and the Opp MPs talking!

PAP MPs have been talking since they went in by the back doors, with the Ministers holding the doors open, like highly paid commissionaires.

GRC system ensured these people can enter the Parliament without needing to sweat :smile: