• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

12th Parliament saw many MP speak Mandarin

Heart Break Kid

Alfrescian
Loyal
This week I heard many MP spoken in Mandarin in the Parliament.

Is is possible that Mandarin become an official language in SG ? :biggrin:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mandarin is already ONE OF THE OFFICIAL language in Singapore.

Seriously, if you dont even know the basics, you want to comment about parliment and politics??

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Of course, it is official in Chinapore!

Seriously, if you dont even know the basics, you want to comment about parliment and politics??

Don't be too heart on the Kid, I think he means "national"

Last edited:

Heart Break Kid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sorry hoh ... what I means is national language.

Oh...you knew the basics very well to comment about parliament and politics then you should sitting inside parliament not talking cock singing song here :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore laws are written in English only. Parliament should be conducted in English only. The MPs speaking Chinese in Parliament are just trying to impress Chinese voters. There's not much political mileage to be gained as TV coverage is at most 15 minutes of highlights. What they're doing is wasting resources in translators and risking messages lost in translation or misrepresented to non-Chinese speaking MPs and ministers. Election rallies, public walkabouts and MPSs are the places to speak Chinese or whatever language to endear themselves to their target voters, not Parliament.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiya wayang for the new citizens mah....mostly PRCs..

and for those who follow Chinese news, you would already have noticed that the media has changed certain names to be in line with what they do in PRC...

for example:

indonesia is used to called 印尼, now, 印度尼西亚 KNN...so awkward
australia is used to be called 澳洲, now, 澳大利亚
rice is simply known to be 白米,now, 大米 - wtf is that?

new zealand is used to be called 纽西兰,now, 新西兰

CCB...why must we changed our terminology to suit those PRCs? Since when you cut the foot to fit the shoe?

Last edited:

Heart Break Kid

Alfrescian
Loyal

and for those who follow Chinese news, you would already have noticed that the media has changed certain names to be in line with what they do in PRC...

for example:

CCB...why must we changed our terminology to suit those PRCs? Since when you cut the foot to fit the shoe?

澳大利亚 sound like Austria in Europe :biggrin:

Heart Break Kid

Alfrescian
Loyal
didn't you hear? the Ministry isn't really in favor of adding a new grade after F9 for the Chinese language :p:p:p

Oh I see :confused: if that happen G10 shall be the new grade :biggrin:

I remembered getting my GCE A Level results slip. I scored A2 for Chinese Language for AO papers :p

Heart Break Kid

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,

rumor has it the alleged new grading was A1, A2, B3, B4, C5, C6, D7, E8, F9 & TT.

TT :confused: what kind of grade is this :biggrin:

What I know is F9 is Ungraded and some students may just score an Absent.

For GCE A Level, a principal pass would mean scoring A, B, C, D or E.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

for example:

oh.... that the reason why some of the places have name changeover lah.

Seoul now become so er instead of han cheng in the past.

why the fark we must kowtow to the PRC? after using those name for so many years, why change it for the sake of the ah tiongs. KNN, really screw up the system.