• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$12 Wanton Noodle Meal

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought $8.30 for a bowl of wanton noodle is already expensive was susprised to find I have to pa $12.20 finally. I thought like in Hong Kong, tea comes with the noodle but was shock I have to pay. So together with wet towel and service tax and GST this bowl of wanton noodle is the most expensive one I've had.

Noodle is quite little

Taste is not bad lah but this is really expensive
Froggy u rich what...can afford.
U wan cheap go sungei rd or frozen bridge
. petain rd desker rd
no worries u got money thai baht alot

jw5

Loyal
Do u mind telling us which shop this is? :wink:

A bowl of ramen costs $23 at one of my favourite ramen shop but no complains as the soup base and quality is amazing. I dont mind paying an extra premium for the savoury

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do u mind telling us which shop this is? :wink:

best ramen for me is roasted garlic (kuro) ramen from maru-ichi. garnish with fried garlic and kimchi which is optional. shiok at us$7.99 plus tax and tips (us$10).

image.jpg

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
Or,
$2.50 nasi padang in Singapore,
not outside Singapore.

Attachments

• baeyamkeng-nasipadang.jpeg
    baeyamkeng-nasipadang.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 406

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Or,
$2.50 nasi padang in Singapore,
not outside Singapore.

Selling any commercial product ranging from $2.50 Nasi Padang to specially discounted condo properties to politicians should be classified as CORRUPTION unless it is sold at the same price to every SINKIE.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkie fucktard whether they have migrated and return or stayed on, get fucked everywhere.

Whether eating in Hawker center or restaurant, they still get fucked.

The only difference is that if these fucktard get fucked by other than the Papies, they tell the whole wide World about it!LoL

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Over here at Ulu Tiram, Johore, my bowl of Wanton Mee cost RM3.50 with Chaar Siew and Choy Sum added. Right now.

How to compare like that? Of course your food is cheaper there. Also, I think hawkers in Malaysia (specifically JB, Ipon, Penang, Malacca) have passion for what they do. Most in Sinkieland just do because they have to, and the high store rental is like a millstone around their necks.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
$12 is a reasonable price to pay for a delicious meal. It's cheaper than most restaurant meals in any first world city or town. If you would like to earn first world wages but pay third world prices for your meals, then you are better off living in wretched places like India and Thailand, where hawkers slave away day and night and still remain poor.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$12 is a reasonable price to pay for a delicious meal. It's cheaper than most restaurant meals in any first world city or town. If you would like to earn first world wages but pay third world prices for your meals, then you are better off living in wretched places like India and Thailand, where hawkers slave away day and night and still remain poor.

Have you been to these first world countries? For $12 local currency, I can feed myself two meals!
We earning first world wages? Is $5 an hour first world wage??????

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought $8.30 for a bowl of wanton noodle is already expensive was susprised to find I have to pa $12.20 finally. I thought like in Hong Kong, tea comes with the noodle but was shock I have to pay. So together with wet towel and service tax and GST this bowl of wanton noodle is the most expensive one I've had.

Noodle is quite little

People in Myanmar carry their own food boxes to work and outing. Only foreigners and rich locals patronise restaurants :smile: If prices continue to shot up, we may ends up like them :( :biggrin:

Homalinschoolgirlswithlunchboxes-892x1024.jpg

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

John Tan, fellow grassloot leeder of Yang Yin, so now you are hinting that you have been overseas or are you still waiting for the PA or your MP to organise the next free retreat to Malaysia ?

MaximiLian

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS is a noob. Free tea? Lol

Noodle is quite little

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you are back ah! so they reinstate you ... It is still 50 cents per post or do they increase to 75 cents now?

LOL! It's the June holidays. Brought the family and some relatives overseas for holiday. And thanks to the SG50 $500 bonus for civil servants, some of my wife's relatives decided to treat us all to free entry to amusement parks and tourist attractions. My kids and wife were thanking PAP as they screamed on the roller-coaster rides. I was thanking PAP for free entry to some of the best art museums I ever visited. The wife and kids didn't appreciate art like I do.

$12 for a restaurant meal is reasonable in Singapore. If you cannot afford the prices, then stick to eating at coffee shops. You can even eat at the bus captains' canteen at the bus interchange if you really want to save more money. We are a First World country. So, expect to pay First World prices for good food.