• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$12 Wanton Noodle Meal

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Of course, it needs patrons like you to help cover its rental payments. :biggrin:

If I'm going to spend that kind of money I would rather indulge in a bowl of authentic Japanese ramen (which Ajisen and Ramenplay are not).

You've seen my posts you'd know I'm a hawker centre guy, went Somerset to buy my Mac cover saw this rather interesting shop and price is $8.30 thought I'd try not knowing I've to pay 50% more knn

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hope the waitress is pretty. Otherwise, really bo hua.

Boh hua lor waitress is lau auntie

Just head to the hawker center. $3 to $4 can get already, extra noodles and a few more wantons.

You are right lor was given 4 small wonton only, you eat in Hong Kong bloody wanton always very big

is that the full portion or half consumed portion?
and why did the bill came so fast?

The photo taken before makan la. Honestly the noodle portion like the way Thai serve, I'd say this portion 3 mouthful noodle gone liao. Knn.

GG789

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zion riverside hawker center there one wonton noodle stall very yummy.
just $3...

there is also selling dumpling noodle.

cheap and yummy.

GG789

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think crystal jade also about the same price.
or much more higher. long time didn go liao.
too expensive for me.

rather eat at hawker centre.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
so cheap meh? i heard one bowl wanton mee at least RM4.5/RM5 leh.

You are right, but those high prices are only at big towns or cities like JB, Kulai, Mersing, or even Tampoi. Not at Ulu Tiram or even at places like Alor Gajah (I heard). At Yasin (Malacca), it was cheaper by at least RM1. That's retiring in rural Malaysia is the place to be. Friendly simple folks around too. My wanton mee was served by a Chinese girl wearing clogs. Ha Ha. What a pleasant Sunday morning listening to cock crows.......... *sigh*

My cost here dropped and dropped. From 2.62 about a month ago to yesterday 2.78. What a wonderful world ... by the pap.

Last edited:

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
halo; you 1st eating at a restaurant at orchard .. or been away for too long
if you cross over to lucky/far east plaza, you probably will've paid 1/2 the price for what you've eaten :biggrin:

I thought $8.30 for a bowl of wanton noodle is already expensive was susprised to find I have to pa $12.20 finally. I thought like in Hong Kong, tea comes with the noodle but was shock I have to pay. So together with wet towel and service tax and GST this bowl of wanton noodle is the most expensive one I've had.

Noodle is quite little
Taste is not bad lah but this is really expensive

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
How to get $3 - $4 food at Somerset area these days??, in the recent past, you could head to Cuppage Food Centre ( now gone) Now at centrepoint basement, you have Kopi-Tiam, or go to Cuppage Plaza.....Isle Cafe, fried bee hoon etc. plus drinks, come to $4.50 & there is a Wanton Noodle shop there too, plus a "yeong tow fu" stall, & others. In the past, one could also head to Kiliney Rd to eat, now, it is being upmarketed, prices had gone up or to PUB Building ( now 111 Somerset), where there was a canteen or next door a food court

You are right, guess it's convenient and at MRT station. Wasn't complaining, thought I'd share this information with fellow Singaporeans in his forum. $12 is really nothing to many Sibgaporeans really.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not interested buddy however do let me know if you have a Titty Bong

don't know about titty bong, but i know of a titty thong.

image.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
so cheap meh? i heard one bowl wanton mee at least RM4.5/RM5 leh.

You are right, but those high prices are only at big towns or cities like JB, Kulai, Mersing, or even Tampoi. Not at Ulu Tiram or even at places like Alor Gajah (I heard). At Yasin (Malacca), it was cheaper by at least RM1. That's retiring in rural Malaysia is the place to be. Friendly simple folks around too. My wanton mee was served by a Chinese girl wearing clogs. Ha Ha. What a pleasant Sunday morning listening to cock crows.......... *sigh*

My cost here dropped and dropped. From 2.62 about a month ago to yesterday 2.78. What a wonderful world ... by the pap.

Read somewhere should stop scolding Najib if not wanton noodle may hit 6 ringgit soon