• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$1,300 for this piece of Bvlgari...worth it ?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are right. The very good ones are that good that pawnshops also kenna conned before. Some pawnshops now prefer gold items than Rolex watches. The good fakes cost about S$500. The average ones about $150-200.

what are they call, where can i get them?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Nothing beats a Rolex! Stupid PRC meimeis nowadays want Chopard. Stupid choice.

Honestly, fakes are the best. They also tell time with accuracy. End of the day, it is the wearer of that watch. Some wear genuine ones also kena suan it is fake. Some wear fakes, people never say it's fake.

Be it watches, clothes, handbags etc - these fakes don't hurt. When it comes to foodstuff or those that can cause health problems, better play it safe.

Hehe how true, last time my colleague with a rich dad told me her dad wears fake branded shirts all the time and nobody once doubt it is fake simply because he is rich. :rolleyes:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what are they call, where can i get them?

They are called number 2 Rolexes - number two is always used to refer to fake stuffs. In the cig industry, also have number 3. One look at the packing and you know it is fake. Some number 2s are almost identical to the real ones. You make very good money if your number 2 cigs can be sold as number 1.

No idea where you can get them today. These sellers used to come to my nightclub to sell their fake Rolexes. And my hostesses would get their customers to purchase one for them.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehe how true, last time my colleague with a rich dad told me her dad wears fake branded shirts all the time and nobody once doubt it is fake simply because he is rich. :rolleyes:

Fakes must be worn at strategic times and locations. If you wear fake stuffs at gatherings whereby those present are knowledgeable, you may be spotted and embarrassed.

But under normal circumstances and dark in the KTV rooms, unlikely the PRC gals would be able to decipher.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fakes must be worn at strategic times and locations. If you wear fake stuffs at gatherings whereby those present are knowledgeable, you may be spotted and embarrassed.

But under normal circumstances and dark in the KTV rooms, unlikely the PRC gals would be able to decipher.

Not sure how strategic her dad is but heard not once being spotted and embarrassed. Or may be his frens give face even if they know about it. :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure how strategic her dad is but heard not once being spotted and embarrassed. Or may be his frens give face even if they know about it. :biggrin:

Your friend's dad could be so rich even his friends cannot accept he wears fakes. Take Peter Lim for example. Even if head to toe are fakes, anyone dares to confront him? That's reality.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your friend's dad could be so rich even his friends cannot accept he wears fakes. Take Peter Lim for example. Even if head to toe are fakes, anyone dares to confront him? That's reality.

Believe it or not Sporeans can be funny about wearing fake goods. Some will not wear fakes because they know it's a fake :eek:

As someone put it to me, when he gets a Rolex, he'll want the satisfaction of knowing it's a genuine Rolex & not some fake. Otherwise whats the point:confused:

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I rather top up n get myself a rolex, omega or panerai. If you have the budget, get yourself a IWC. :smile:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my favourite watches around....

bvlgari-diagono-calibro-303-chronograph.jpg

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite the low opinions expressed by majority of you over the worth of the Bvlgari Aluminium that I posted, I still think no where in Singapore would you be able to pick up the same model for $1,300. It's easy to dismiss the model as Bengish or that it doesn't hold value compared to Rolex, but that belongs to another question concern individual preferences.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the only Bvlgari items i own are the frangrances that i swiped from the toilets from the airplanes when i travel 1st class on company account.
Sometimes SIA even giveaway as gifts onboard.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rolex is cheapened by the nouveau riche towkays, just as BMW is debased by MLMs. :rolleyes:

I don't think so. It's been common since the 70s to see bus and taxi drivers, gangsters and bookies wearing Rolex. It didn't cheap the image, as the high society bosses and ladies also wear Rolex, just much more expensive and bejewelled models. Then in the 80s, the financial sector boom saw many remisiers and insurance agents also wearing Rolex alongside the CEOs, GMs and MDs. Still it didn't take away or add to the shine and appeal of Rolex as many brand fads have come and gone.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
milgaussgreen1.jpg

Tatz the only rolec watch i wanna get...if hab the money....

:( :o :(

why you have no money? that is one of cheaper rolex
that watch have very simple mechanism
if i spend the same money on omega
it will have better mechanism and feature

jw5

Loyal
For expensive watches, always buy Rolex coz they have value in pawnshops and their depreciation makes them attractive to purchase. If lucky, may even make some money years later.
When someone buys an expensive watch, the last thing on his mind would be the possibility that he would be pawning it in a few year's time.
If he had that thought, he won't be buying the watch.

Hence, the fact that Rolex has more resale value than Bvlgari would not even have been a factor in the guy's purchase decision.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When someone buys an expensive watch, the last thing on his mind would be the possibility that he would be pawning it in a few year's time.
If he had that thought, he won't be buying the watch.

Hence, the fact that Rolex has more resale value than Bvlgari would not even have been a factor in the guy's purchase decision.

Patek Philippe marketing line:
"You don't really own a Patek Philippe; you just take care of it for the next generation." :rolleyes: :o

Rolex marketing line:
"You don't really own a Rolex; you just take care of it for the pawnshop every now and then." :eek: :biggrin: