• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

★ La Liga Season 2015-16 ★

Postiga

Alfrescian
Loyal

La Liga Review: Gijon and Eibar pick up narrow wins

1 November 2015

939401header.jpg

Eibar returned to La Liga's top six on Sunday courtesy of a 1-0 win over Rayo Vallecano, while Alen Halilovic's winner against Malaga moved Sporting Gijon into mid-table.

Following their struggles last season, Eibar have started this term impressively and moved back into the European places courtesy of Diego Llorente's first-half own-goal.

Visitors Rayo have picked up just three points on the road this term and Llorente's misfortune proved the difference at the Estadio Municipal de Ipurua - Halilovic later settling the contest between Gijon and Malaga.

Gijon were level on points with the visitors prior to Sunday's clash but Barcelona loanee Halilovic's well-taken strike shortly before the half-hour mark proved the only goal of the game, strugglers Granada having been held 1-1 by 10-man Espanyol.

Jean Babin had given the visitors the lead at the Power8 Stadium before Rober Correa's dismissal shortly after the hour bolstered Granada's hopes of a second league win this season.

However, Felipe Caicedo levelled late in the day to keep Granada in the relegation zone.

In Sunday's late kick off, Inaki Williams scored twice as Athletic Bilbao ran out 3-1 winners at Real Betis.

Torres

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nuno plays down talk of Negredo rift

1 November 2015

939066header.jpg

Valencia coach Nuno Espirito Santo has cooled suggestions of a rift with Alvaro Negredo, stating that he wants the striker to return to the squad as soon as possible.

Negredo has not been included in the matchday squad for Valencia since the 3-1 defeat to Athletic Bilbao on October 4 after criticising Nuno's role in their slow start to the season in an interview.

Despite an injury to Rodrigo during the defeat with Atletico Madrid last weekend, the former Manchester City man was not recalled for Saturday's clash with Levante - with Nuno previously citing his absence as a result of "technical, sporting reasons".

Although Valencia ran out 3-0 winners at the Mestalla, the fans voiced their disapproval over the treatment of the striker by whistling the coach.

However, Nuno continued to insist the 30-year-old's absence is solely down to performance-related issues, playing down suggestions of disaffection between the pair.

"I've already explained the Negredo case from my perspective. No one has a bigger interest than me to see Alvaro come back to help us. We want him back," the Portuguese said.

"The numbers that we're seeing aren't good enough. Many people don't see what I see, it's my job to analyse players and the options available to us."

When asked what he was going to do to try and stop the whistles, Nuno was adamant that things would soon turn around.

"What I'm going to do is go to work tomorrow. We've now had a number of games in the Liga without losing," he added.

"If we hadn't drawn those two games at home [against Deportivo La Coruna and Real Betis] we'd be in a different situation.

"I understand the fans. It hurts on a personal level, no-one likes listening to that, but I'm convinced that it's going to change."

ToniKroos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ronaldo unsure on Real Madrid future

1 November 2015

939090header.jpg

Cristiano Ronaldo is happy at Real Madrid but confessed he is unsure whether his future remains at the Santiago Bernabeu.

The Portuguese overtook Raul as Madrid's all-time highest scorer with his strike in the victory over Levante on October 17 and has since taken his club tally to 326 goals in 313 appearances.

Recent reports have linked the forward with a move away from the Bernabeu, with Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United considered potential suitors.

And Ronaldo has admitted he does not know if he will remain at Madrid for the remainder of his career, but is happy for the time being.

"At this moment, I'm happy playing for Real Madrid but I don't know what will happen in my future," Ronaldo is quoted as saying by EFE.

"I must choose the way that makes me happy."

During his time in Spain a rivalry with Barcelona star Lionel Messi has developed.

The pair have shared the previous seven Ballon d'Or titles and six Pichichi trophies – awarded to La Liga's highest-scoring player - between them.

Ronaldo admitted he finds it difficult to cope when he does not win but considers himself to be superior to the Argentine.

"I can't accept a defeat, I get very angry. I shout and say stupid things and then I regret," he said.

"In my head I am the best and I think everyone should think well of themselves if they want to achieve great things."

Pique

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bale back in Madrid training

1 November 2015

939238header.jpg

Gareth Bale has returned to training with Real Madrid, having not featured since the 3-0 win over Levante in mid-October.

The Wales international has struggled with calf problems this term and played just 45 minutes on his return from international duty before being taken off in the victory over Levante at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Following a recurrence of the calf injury that ruled him out for a number of weeks prior to Wales' Euro 2016 qualification, Bale returned to training on Sunday.

The forward is unlikely to play any part in Tuesday's Champions League visit of Paris Saint-Germain while Dani Carvajal is also set to miss out despite taking part in training after an ankle problem.

Rafael Benitez will hope Karim Benzema can push for a return soon however - the striker having "continued with specific training exercises" on Sunday.

Bartra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Barcelona apologise for Halloween prank

1 November 2015

939333header.jpg

Barcelona have issued an apology after a number of their players donned Halloween masks and outfits and burst into Victor Rodriguez's post-match news conference at the Coliseum Alfonso Perez.

Luis Enrique's side ran out 2-0 winners at Getafe on Saturday - keeping pace with La Liga leaders Real Madrid - but his players gained headlines for their post-match behaviour.

A number of Barca players got into the spirit of Halloween by dressing up in an apparent bid to disrupt their coach's news conference but instead ended up in Getafe's post-match media briefing - much to midfielder Rodriguez's bemusement.

Ivan Rakitic was among those to share images of the events on social media although Getafe midfielder Medhi Lacen was left less than impressed.

Barca issued a statement on Sunday, apologising for their players' actions, explaining: "In no case was it our intention to offend and/or hurt any member of Getafe's team.

"Our emergence in the post-game interview area during Victor Rodriguez's press conference was an unfortunate and involuntary accident. We would like to personally apologise to him, as well as to express our respect for him.

"The images recorded demonstrate that one of the players who was participating said: 'Where are we going? We went the wrong way.'

"The team is aware of the responsibility that comes with being a player for FC Barcelona and would like to apologise to anyone who may have been offended, especially Getafe's players and supporters.

"We have an unwavering commitment as well to the members and supporters of FC Barcelona, who have to be able to feel proud of the team, both on and off the field."

Postiga

Alfrescian
Loyal

Messi recovery is on track, says Luis Enrique

3 November 2015

940197header.jpg

Luis Enrique says Lionel Messi's recovery is proceeding as expected but offered no update on when the forward is expected to return to action.

It was hoped the Argentina captain, who has been sidelined with a knee injury since the end of September, will be fit to face Real Madrid on November 21.

Reports in Spain over the weekend suggested Messi has suffered a setback in his recovery and would miss the Clasico against Real Madrid, but Luis Enrique appears to be unconcerned over the progress of his star's rehabilitation.

"I have no news. He's recovering quite normally for a player with that kind of inury," the head coach said on Tuesday.

"Every player has a different recovery process to go through but as far as I'm aware he is progressing well, as any player would."

Luis Enrique was then asked whether he felt Neymar had embraced his role as a leader of the team in Messi's absence, to which he responded: "This is a question I've not been asked yet!

"When we have Messi we have certain resources we like to exploit, but I always ask the players to do what they can without relying on others."

The Barca coach was further irritated when asked for his view on the Halloween controversy following the win over Getafe, when a number of players interrupted the home side's press conference wearing masks, prompting apologies from the club and captain Andres Iniesta.

"The players made an announcement, they made their position clear on that. This is how anything positive is turned into something negative," he said.

"I'd rather focus on important things, like tomorrow's game [against BATE]. If you're going to ask about Saturday, don't even take the microphone.

"We played a great game, we won 2-0, that's all that happened as far as I think it is worth commenting on.

"Otherwise it's part of the circus of the football world, as it is today. The players made a press statement and that's where we should leave it."

Barca appealed a UEFA fine issued due to the display of flags supporting Catalan independence against Bayer Leverkusen, but Luis Enrique insisted his team will not distracted by off-field issues against BATE.

"If we think about the difficulties of the game we had there [in Belarus], we know we'll have to play a very complete game," he said.

"Beyond what might happen before the game, what we know is that the fans will be supporting us in everything connected to sport.

"We go to the stadium tomorrow to play football and reach the next round. That's what we're interested in, I'm sure the fans are too.

"The important thing is to qualify and then try to win the group. Then it all depends on which teams are second because there could be a lot of surprises.

"But we need to win points to do that."

ToniKroos

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is not a single day without pain - Ronaldo

3 November 2015

940289header.jpg

Real Madrid attacker Cristiano Ronaldo says he has not been pain-free for quite some time as the knee injury that troubled him toward the end of the 2013-14 campaign continues to cause problems.

The 30-year-old has not missed a single minute of action so far this campaign for Madrid, while he hardly missed a game in 2014-15 as well.

However, that does not mean the knee problems that nearly kept him out of the 2013-14 Champions League final and away from the World Cup no longer cause him issues.

"There is not a single day without pain. Every player will say the same. It's part of the job and you have to deal with it," the Madrid star told Kicker.

"I now realise things [what] I didn't realise when I was younger. I have always tried to improve and you gain more experience over the years.

"When I was 22, 23 years old, I often went out for dinner after a game and got back home around three o' clock in the morning. I no longer do things like that. I am going home early to look after myself in the best way possible.

"Small details make the difference. When you get older, you might lose some of your physical abilities, but you get more mature. I live for football, look after myself and train hard.

"There is nothing in life that I enjoy more and my body is incredibly important. That's why I look after myself and that's why I still play at the highest level."

Ronaldo has netted 13 goals in 13 appearances in all competitions for Madrid this campaign.

RealMadrid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Benzema reportedly arrested in Valbuena sex tape investigation

4 November 2015

940761header.jpg

An investigation into a group's attempts to extort Mathieu Valbuena using a sex tape, has reportedly seen Karim Benzema arrested, according to French news agency AFP.

French police are investigating an alleged plot to blackmail Benzema's fellow France international Valbuena.

Now-retired striker Djibril Cisse has previously been questioned in relation to the matter before being released without charge.

And AFP reported on Wednesday of Benzema's apparent arrest, with the striker having reportedly visited premises of judicial police before being placed in custody.

The 27-year-old is currently injured and therefore missed Madrid's Champions League win over Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday.

Postiga

Alfrescian
Loyal

Benzema charged in sex-tape case

5 November 2015

941511header.jpg

Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema has been charged with complicity in an attempt to blackmail and participating in a criminal conspiracy as part of an investigation into a sex-tape plot involving France team-mate Mathieu Valbuena.

Benzema spent the night in custody in Versailles after giving himself up for questioning and was on Thursday charged after being put before a judge on allegations he was part of a plan to blackmail the Lyon midfielder.

Agence France-Presse also reported that Benzema has been placed under judicial supervision, meaning he cannot meet with Valbuena.

France coach Didier Deschamps announced his squad for the upcoming friendlies with Germany and England on Thursday afternoon, with both players omitted.

Benzema's lawyer, Sylvain Cormier, denied Benzema had any involvement in the alleged plot and is confident his client will soon clear his name.

He told reporters: "Karim didn't participate in anything he is accused of, no blackmail or extortion. This doesn't make any sense.

"He has been accused and charged by the prosecution. This is not proof of culpability. It's only the beginning of the affair."

Benzema is the second high-profile name to report to police over the case after former France international Djibril Cisse was questioned last month before being released without charge.

Chicharito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Luis Enrique unsure if Rakitic will be fit for El Clasico

4 November 2015

941223header.jpg

Luis Enrique has conceded he is uncertain if Ivan Rakitic will be fit for Barcelona's meeting with Real Madrid later this month.

The Catalan side overcame BATE 3-0 at Camp Nou on Wednesday to edge closer to the Champions League knockout stages, but the Croatian was withdrawn after 20 minutes after picking up a calf injury.

Barca have since confirmed he suffered a "small tear in the soleus of the right leg" that will keep him out of Saturday's La Liga encounter with Villarreal and means Rakitic is a major doubt for El Clasico on November 21.

"Whenever anyone gets injured it's always a shame," Barca head coach Luis Enrique said.

"We are not having any luck. The injury does not allow us to rest.

"I do not know if Rakitic will play in El Clasico, it depends on the doctors and the player. For now he is out for the next game.

"There are lots of positives as it is never easy to win in the Champions League, the negative was Rakitic."

Holders Barca can book their place in the last 16 with a win over Roma on matchday five and Luis Enrique wants to finish top of the Group E.

"We want to finish top of the group, and we have to beat Roma and go from there," he added.

Emery

Alfrescian
Loyal

Madrid sold me to cover ´big signings´ - Di Maria

5 November 2015

941340header.jpg

Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Angel di Maria hit out at former club Real Madrid and claimed he was sold last year to fund their transfer activity.

Di Maria was sold to Manchester United for a British-record £59.7million in August 2014 but the Argentina international never settled in the Premier League, eventually sold to French champions PSG in a deal worth £44.3m the next summer.

The 27-year-old returned to the Santiago Bernabeu for the first time since leaving Madrid on Tuesday, unable to prevent a 1-0 Champions League defeat.

Still disgruntled by the manner of his exit from the club, Di Maria told Antena 3 he was sold to cover the costs of James Rodriguez and Toni Kroos.

"I didn't go for the money. I wanted to renew my contract but they didn't want that. They had to cover the cost of their big summer signings," Di Maria said.

"An offer came in of €75 million and they transferred me to Manchester.

"They didn't even let me go out the front door, if I went out the back door it was because of them, not me."

Di Maria has scored four goals in 12 appearances for the capital club.

ToniKroos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Marcelo suffers thigh injury

5 November 2015

941730header.jpg

Real Madrid look set to be without Marcelo in this weekend's La Liga match against Sevilla due to a thigh injury.

The Brazil left-back picked up the knock in his side's 1-0 Champions League win over Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday and was forced to leave the pitch after 33 minutes.

Marcelo underwent a series of tests on Thursday and Madrid have now confirmed the defender has sustained a muscular problem, but did not state how long he will be out of action.

"Following the tests carried out on Marcelo in the Sanitas la Moraleja University Hospital, the player has been diagnosed with a muscle contraction in his left thigh," a statement on the Real website said.

"His recovery will continue to be assessed."

The 27-year-old has been a key figure so far this season for a Madrid side that have been so solid under Rafael Benitez.

Moyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

Las Palmas 2 Real Sociedad 0: Pressure mounts on Moyes after sixth defeat

6 November 2015 22:54

942451header.jpg

Pressure is mounting on head coach David Moyes after Real Sociedad were beaten 2-0 by Las Palmas on Friday.

Striker Carlos Vela had been forced to deny reports of a dressing-room rift with the former Manchester United manager following their poor start to the Liga campaign.

But Moyes will be feeling the heat even more after goals from Jonathan Viera and Sergio Araujo condemned his side to a sixth defeat in 11 games in the top flight this term - a result which leaves them just two points and one place outside the relegation zone ahead of the weekend's fixtures.

La Real enjoyed more possession and had more efforts on goal throughout the 90 minutes but they looked consistently troubled by the home side's counter-attack, and a leaky defence was punished just before the hour mark when Viera expertly turned home a volley from close range after Victor Gomez had teed him up with a deft cushioned header.

Sociedad pressed for an equaliser but were undone on the break just six minutes after half-time, as Araujo ran onto Tana's ball over the top to fire low across goal beneath the outstretched leg of Geronimo Rulli.

The visitors continued to push forward for a way back into the match but were restricted to half-chances by a disciplined home defence, with Sergio Canales coming closest with a rasping drive from 25 yards that was tipped onto the crossbar by Javi Varas.

But Las Palmas held firm for only their second league win of the campaign to leave Moyes ' position looking increasingly uncertain.

RealMadrid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ronaldo thinking about MLS move

7 November 2015 03:41

942549header.jpg

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed he is "definitely thinking about playing in the USA".

Ronaldo's long-term future in Madrid is uncertain amid strong links to French champions Paris Saint-Germain and former club Manchester United, while moving to the MLS remains a possibility for the 30-year-old before he retires.

Andrea Pirlo, David Villa, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Kaka and Sebastian Giovinco all ply their trade in the United States and Ronaldo could follow suit.

The three-time Ballon d'Or winner told the UK edition of FHM: "I am not closing the door on any league anywhere in the world.

"I'm definitely thinking about playing in the USA for a year. I've always said living and playing there is a possibility."

Ronaldo has scored 13 goals in 14 appearances in all competitions for Madrid this season, which includes a five-goal haul against Espanyol in September.

Postiga

Alfrescian
Loyal

Barcelona v Villarreal: Luis Enrique´s side chasing fourth straight win

6 November 2015 18:08

942300header.jpg

Barcelona will be seeking a fourth straight La Liga victory when they entertain Villarreal at Camp Nou on Sunday.

Luis Enrique's side have not lost since a 2-1 defeat at Sevilla on October 3 – their first match without Lionel Messi, who picked up a knee injury against Las Palmas the week before.

Three successive league wins have followed, enabling Barca to keep pace with league leaders Real Madrid, who they only sit second to on goal difference.

Neymar and Luis Suarez have stepped up in the Argentine's absence, netting 17 times between them since Messi's withdrawal 10 minutes into the victory over Paco Herrera's side.

The Brazilian says he partly owes his impressive recent displays to being more comfortable at the club and having settled in Spain.

"[I feel like] I'm at home. My first year was to learn, to get to know everything," Neymar told beIN Sports.

"The second was better and now I feel very much like I'm at home.

"I'm having a great year, from last season I'm playing in my way, how I played before, and I'm very happy for that."

Villarreal's last five trips to Camp Nou in all competitions have ended defeat, but they have been boosted for Sunday's game with Roberto Soldado available for selection.

The former Tottenham striker received his fifth yellow card of the season against Sevilla, which should have resulted in a suspension, but the decision has been overturned, clearing him to play.

Soldado scored the only goal in Villarreal's slim victory over Dinamo Minsk in the Europa League on Thursday and wants them to develop momentum and improve off the back of that win.

"We have seen that we have to improve because if we play well, it will be difficult to push through some games," he said.

"However, it is true that when you win is easier to improve in the next match."

Bertrand Bailly will miss the game as he serves a ban, while Adrian Lopez (hamstring), Mateo Musacchio (broken leg) and Sergio Asenjo (knee) are all out for Marcelino's men.

Barca suffered a big blow in the midweek win over BATE as Ivan Rakitic suffered a calf tear which has ruled him out of the clash, also making him a doubt for the encounter with Real Madrid later this month.

The Croat's absence adds to Luis Enrique's midfield woes, with Javier Mascherano suspended and Rafinha expected to be out for the remainder of the season with a knee injury.

ToniKroos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Atletico Madrid v Sporting Gijon: Koke hungry for victory

6 November 2015 17:12

942255header.jpg

Atletico Madrid need to return to winning ways and the fans at Vicente Calderon can help them achieve that against Sporting Gijon, says Koke.

After being held 1-1 by Deportivo La Coruna at the Riazor last week, Diego Simeone's men stumbled to a goalless Champions League draw against Astana in Kazakhstan on Tuesday.

But the Madrid club have not lost a Liga match against Sporting on their own turf since 1987-88 and have been victorious in 12 of their last 14 top-flight clashes.

Koke - who has been included in Vicente del Bosque's Spain squad for forthcoming friendlies with England and Belgium - believes they have the capacity to continue that fine run on Sunday and has called on the Vicente Calderon support to inspire them to victory.

"I think the team is very strong and eager to win. After these two draws we want to win. I think that if we do things well, we will achieve it," the midfielder told Atletico's official website.

"Sporting are not going to make it easy. They're a team with great enthusiasm which came up from the second division and play good football.

"We expect a complicated match, but we will be at home, wanting to win for the fans. I hope we can get the three points."

Sporting overcame Malaga last time out, sending them up to 12th place in the table.

Barcelona loanee Alen Halilovic scored the only goal in the 1-0 home win and is enjoying a run of first-team football under coach Abelardo.

The Croatia playmaker acknowledged that his team – who are yet to secure successive victories this season – are firm underdogs on Sunday but hopes they can leave the capital with something to show for their efforts.

"I scored my first goal at El Molinon," Halilovic said. "We're going to continue this way. I want to keep learning and keep helping the team.

"It will be a very difficult game; the Calderon's a very complicated ground. But we've worked well during the week leading up to the game.

"Atletico Madrid are favourites, but if we can play our football, we could beat them or come away with a draw. If we use our system well, we can get a result."

Atletico striker Luciano Vietto is back in training after suffering from appendicitis, while Angel Correa is available again having not travelled with the squad to Kazakhastan due to the birth of his child.

Sporting will welcome back Nacho Cases from suspension, but Carlos Castro (back), Roberto Canella (groin) and Tonny Sanabria (hamstring) are doubts.

Bartra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Atletico Madrid will not change - Simeone

7 November 2015

942694header.jpg

Diego Simeone has insisted that Atletico Madrid will not alter their tactics as it would go against the history of the club.

Under the Argentinian, the team have employed a hard-working, physical and compact style of play.

Not only did it send Atletico to the Liga title in 2013-14 season, the 45-year-old believes it is a strategy that is part of the club's history – which he has no desire to go against regardless of any complaints.

"For those who do not know what Atletico have been about throughout history, I remind you that it is working, pressure, counter-attack and strong defence," Simeone said.

"Those who want to change that go against the history of what Atletico are.

"You can play well in many ways. We will compete along those lines beyond any comments.

"We are the ones that demand the most and we are looking at the details to try and improve.

"After four years competing very well, it's good, healthy and criticism makes you better."

In the past two Liga seasons Atletico have scored 48 goals from set-pieces.

However, this term just two of their tally of 15 have come via that method, and Simeone believes that is down to the preparation of opponents.

"We will try to surprise and go back to being strong at set-pieces," he said.

"Not only last year but also the year that we were Liga champions we scored goals from set-pieces. Now our opponents prepare for these well."

Moyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

Moyes ´not worried´ by latest Sociedad loss

7 November 2015

942710header.jpg

David Moyes claimed not to be concerned by Real Sociedad's poor form after Friday's 2-0 loss to fellow strugglers Las Palmas plunged them closer towards the Liga relegation zone.

The former Manchester United boss has overseen just two wins this season and speculation is mounting that he could be set for the sack.

But Moyes, who endured a troublesome 11 months at Old Trafford, is confident his experience will stand him in good stead.

"Coaches of all teams in the world would be concerned about this situation, but I'm not worried. I'm used to this," the Scotsman said.

"The season is long and I have confidence in the players, but they must demonstrate their quality."

Moyes' next challenge is the visit of Sevilla in a fortnight before a trip to Camp Nou to take on Barcelona at the end of the month.

ToniKroos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Benitez: No one knows what Ronaldo said to Blanc

7 November 2015

942754header.jpg

Rafael Benitez does not believe anyone knows what Cristiano Ronaldo said to Laurent Blanc after Real Madrid's Champions League with Paris Saint-Germain in midweek.

The 30-year-old was pictured speaking into the Frenchman's ear following Madrid's 1-0 win on Tuesday, before being photographed winking at PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi.

Reports in France suggested that Ronaldo told Blanc he "would love to work" with the 49-year-old, but Benitez believes there is no substance to the claims.

When questioned on the subject, the Spaniard called his press officer and whispered in his ear before stating: "What did I say? Nobody knows. There's your answer."

Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes has since stated that the Portuguese will finish his career at the Santiago Bernabeu, and Benitez insisted he is focused and ready to play.

"I have seen Cristiano hungry for goals and content, and I read that his agent said he will finish his career here," the former Napoli boss said.

"If he is as happy and efficient as he was today then I'm completely relaxed. I hope he scores a lot of goals."

Real Madrid sit ahead of second-placed Barcelona in La Liga on goal difference and travel to the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan to face Sevilla on Sunday.

Benitez acknowledged it will be a testing fixture but says his side will look to dominate.

"It's a difficult stadium to go to," he said. "They are a side with a spectacular history, especially in the last few years.

"It won't be easy, we know that we have to concentrate a lot and impose our style of play."

RealMadrid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ronaldo could guide PSG to Champions League glory - Thiago Silva

8 November 2015

943220header.jpg

Paris Saint-Germain defender Thiago Silva believes Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo could be the missing link in the Ligue 1 champions' quest for European success.

The Portugal international has a contract with Madrid until June 2018, but is nonetheless continually being linked with a move elsewhere.

Ronaldo was seen talking to PSG coach Laurent Blanc after Madrid's 1-0 Champions League win over the French giants in midweek, further fuelling speculation he could continue his career in the capital.

Thiago Silva recently revealed he hopes PSG will lure the 30-year-old to France and has now added his belief the prolific attacker could help them to European glory.

"It is always great to play with big players and Ronaldo is the best player in the world," Thiago Silva said.

"If the club decide to pursue him, the players would be happy, too. He is a great player, someone who would be vital for any team, and especially for PSG who dream of winning the Champions League with great players.

"I don't know what happened between him and Blanc, because the coach did not tell the rest of the squad about their conversation.

"But I am hopeful. I think Ronaldo could join PSG.

"He already speaks French, better than me, and he would have no difficulties communicating with the rest of the squad if he joined us next year."