• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║║ La Liga Season 2012-13 ║║

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ferguson was wrong to sell me, says Pique

By Ian Capasso
Apr 10, 2013 4:38:00 PM

263214hp2.jpg

The Barcelona defender believes his old boss made a mistake in allowing him to leave the club but remains grateful for his time at Old Trafford

Barcelona defender Gerard Pique believes Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson was wrong to sell him, but is incredibly proud to have played under the Scottish manager.

The Spanish centre-back made his way through the Blaugrana's famed academy as a youth player but signed his first professional contract with the Red Devils in 2004, only to return to his childhood club four years later.

And now the 26-year-old, who has gone on to win a score of honours with the Catalans, has revealed that he enjoys letting his former boss know how wrong he was to sell him, but believes his time in England made him a better player.

"I am proud to have been part of a Sir Alex Ferguson team. Even though every time I meet him I tell him that he got it wrong with me!" the defender told The Daily Telegraph.

"The kid who went to Manchester was a boy of 17 who found himself in a changing room full of stars and had a wonderful time [remains]. I remember when I was called to train with the first team, it was wonderful.

"That prepared me for what was coming, for the return to Barcelona. Without that pressure, I would have been a bit green when I came here.

"I am very proud of my three years there, of having decided to go to Manchester first – at 17 it was the perfect time for me to leave home because it helped make me as a person."

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I do not like Guardiola as a man - Ibrahimovic

By Paul Gorst
Apr 10, 2013 6:11:00 PM

268846hp2.jpg

The Swede says he respects the former Barcelona coach's ability but admits he never got along with him during his time at Camp Nou

Paris Saint-Germain forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic has said that while Pep Guardiola is a “fantastic coach” he has reservations over the former Barcelona boss as a person.

The Swede spent one season at Camp Nou under the 42-year-old but soon left for AC Milan, claiming the Spaniard was the reason behind his exit.

“I spoke about Pep as a man, not a coach,” Ibrahimovic told CNN.

“As a coach, he's fantastic, [but] as a man, we could debate that... I only have positive things to say about Barca. They're probably the best team in the world.”

The former AC Milan star went on to say that Jose Mourinho and Fabio Capello, his coaches at Inter and Juventus respectively, are the best he has worked with.

“I've had some great coaches, but I'll go for Capello or Mourinho [as the best].”

The 31-year-old also gave his opinion on the difference in styles between Lionel Messi and Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo.

“Messi is natural, Cristiano Ronaldo is a product of training,” he added.

Finally, Ibrahimovic said that he does not feel the need to win the Champions League to feel that his career has been a success.

Asked whether he would like to win the tournament, he said: “Yes, very much, but I've had a fantastic career. I don't care.”

Danube

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Simeone: Falcao suitors no surprise
The Atletico Madrid coach is not overly worried about potential interest in his Colombian hitman and targets a win on Sunday against Granada

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga preview: Celta seek rare win in Mallorca

11 April 2013

316222header.jpg

Celta de Vigo will head to Mallorca on Monday knowing they could move out of La Liga's relegation zone with a win on the Spanish island.

Last-placed Mallorca will host Celta in a bottom-of-the-table clash, with the visitors having not won at the holiday destination since 2004.

But Celta coach Abel Resino will be reminding his team that if they can snap that streak, they could move from second-last in La Liga to 17th position, just above the relegation zone, if Deportivo La Coruna fail to win and Real Zaragoza lose.

Danish winger Michael Krohn-Dehli will be a key player for Resino's team after an impressive first season in Spain.

The former Brondby man has scored two goals since joining Celta at the start of the season, while setting up six, after developing a strong connection with forward pair Iago Aspas and Mario Bermejo.

With eight rounds remaining, the La Liga relegation battle realistically consists of six teams, Celta and Mallorca the two clubs with the best chance of picking up points this weekend.

Zaragoza will host league-leading Barcelona on Sunday, 15th-placed Osasuna head to Malaga and 16th-placed Granada will travel to Atletico Madrid, while Deportivo, who sit 18th, might have an outside chance on their trip to Levante.

Real Betis will look to keep their bid for next season's Europa League on track when they take on Sevilla in their local derby on Friday.

Betis have not won the past five Seville derbies at their own stadium but are six points and three positions ahead of their arch-rivals, and the team in green and white should be confident of breaking that drought, which stretches back to April 2006.

In other La Liga fixtures, Real Valladolid will host Getafe, Espanyol will welcome Valencia to Catalonia, Rayo Vallecano are up against Real Sociedad and Real Madrid travel to Athletic Bilbao.

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga: Real Betis 3 Sevilla 3

13 April 2013

316405header.jpg

Real Betis rallied from three goals down to salvage a 3-3 draw against 10-man Sevilla in a thrilling La Liga derby on Friday.

Visitors Sevilla swamped the hosts' defence from the outset at Estadio Benito and were ahead in the seventh minute through Ivan Rakitic.

The Croatia midfielder doubled Sevilla's advantage 12 minutes later before Spain striker Alvaro Negredo completed a stunning opening for the visitors with a goal on 33 minutes.

Dorlan Pabon gave Betis a lifeline two minutes before the interval when he seized on Gary Medel's stray pass and slotted past Sevilla goalkeeper Beto.

Ruben Castro further cut the lead from the penalty spot on 53 minutes after Sevilla defender Federico Fazio brought down substitute Jorge Molina.

The hosts were given another boost when Medel was shown a straight red card following a scuffle.

And after a series of surges forward Betis found the equaliser in the 89th minute when substitute Emmanuel Igiebor headed Pabon's cross into the net.

The point moves Betis to sixth spot on 48 points, three points shy of a Champions League qualifying place.

Sevilla stay in 10th on 42 points.

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

155555_thumb.jpg

Diego aware of Atletico Madrid 'contact'
The Brazilian midfielder understands there has been interest from the club where he spent last season on loan

238485_thumb.jpg

I need to play for a big European club, says Adil Rami
The 27-year-old is determined to become a permanent fixture in the France side, but acknowledges he needs to play for one of Europe's elite sides to achieve that goal

269951_thumb.jpg

Abidal: We must win the Champions League for Vilanova
The former France international has had his own health problems but he is solely focused on lifting his boss' spirits by lifting the European Cup

271147_thumb.jpg

Messi happy to have taken Champions League risk
The 25-year-old was brought on in a bid to seal his side's place in the last four, despite suffering with physical problems prior to the game

230387_thumb.jpg

Abidal: I want to finish my career at Barcelona
The 33-year-old has recently returned to the side after a lengthy absence following a liver transplant and now has his heart set on ending his playing days at Camp Nou

271280_thumb.jpg

Messi's father rubbishes Real Madrid tale
It has long been suggested that the Argentine star could have ended up at the Santiago Bernabeu prior to signing for Barcelona as a teenager

271269_thumb.jpg

Liverpool starlet Ibe looking to learn from Cristiano Ronaldo
The 17-year-old has impressed for the club's youth teams this season but feels he needs to add more goals to his game, citing the Portuguese star as an example to follow

271147_thumb.jpg

Barcelona breathe sigh of relief over Messi injury
The Argentine attacker is expected to miss this weekend's league game, but the forward's injury did not get worse following his substitute cameo against PSG

270810_thumb.jpg

Roberto Carlos: Casillas must fight for his place
The former Blancos defender has stressed that the goalkeeper will have to work for his place if he is to return to the starting XI

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Extra Time: Mourinho pays for fan to become Champions League kitman

By Joe Wright
Apr 11, 2013 6:50:00 PM

256960hp2.jpg

Abel Rodriguez, a cleaner from Los Angeles and a lifelong Madrid fan, accompanied the squad to Old Trafford and met a whole host of heroes - all at the Portuguese coach's expense

Jose Mourinho may have his sights set on the Decima dream with Real Madrid, but he has already fulfilled the wildest ambitions of one lifelong fan of the club.

Abel Rodriguez, a cleaner from Los Angeles who frequently scheduled summer holidays in order to assist at los Blancos' training camps, was named as a kitman for the team's visit to Old Trafford in the Champions League at the beginning of last month - and all at Mourinho's expense.

Rodriguez had travelled to the training ground in the capital in a bid to see the Clasico on March 2, despite not having a ticket for the game, and was promptly turned away by security despite hopes that the club's staff might recognise him from his summer work for the Liga holders.

Upon leaving the Valdebebas training base, Mourinho spotted the fan sitting by the roadside and, after hearing his story, promptly arranged a hotel and tickets for Rodriguez before inviting him to training the following day.

And as if that was not enough, Mourinho then informed the Mexican that he would accompany the squad for their last 16 second-leg clash with Manchester United as a kitman, where he met the likes of Diego Maradona, Sir Alex Ferguson and several Red Devils' players, before being handed a signed shirt by compatriot Chicharito after the match.

According to his story in Sports Illustrated, an emotional Rodriguez offered to pay his way for the trip, but was promptly turned down by Mourinho, who said: "When you're in Europe with me, you don't pay for s**t."

Rodriguez opted to release his story with the publication as a way of thanking the Portuguese coach, since he did not have any contact details to do so in person after the events in March.

Whether or not Madrid are able to seal an historic 10th European crown this season remains to be seen, but Jose has at least earned the admiration of a whole host of supporters for his generosity - and Extra Time thinks that's just as important.

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mourinho has already decided his future, says Salgado

By Stefan Coerts
Apr 11, 2013 2:10:00 PM

148071hp2.jpg

The 37-year-old believes the Madrid boss has already made up his mind and is set to return to the country where he enjoyed success with Chelsea

Former Real Madrid defender Michel Salgado believes Jose Mourinho has already made a decision about his future and is on his way back to England.

The Portuguese coach stated earlier this week he will sit down with Madrid president Florentino Perez at the end of the 2012-13 campaign to discuss his future at the club, but Salgado has little doubt that Mourinho will soon return to the Premier League.

"It would be no surprise if he returns to the Premier League. I think he has made a decision and it will have nothing to do with whether he wins the Champions League this season or not," Salgado was quoted as saying by Sport 360.

"I can see Mourinho returning to England because he loves England, he loves the atmosphere of English football, and the respect English football has for him."

Mourinho previously worked in England at Chelsea from 2004 until 2007.

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga preview: Valencia in pursuit of Champions League

18 April 2013

317246header.jpg

Valencia will look to continue their 100 percent record at home versus Malaga in this decade as they strive for a UEFA Champions League spot.

After almost stealing victory away to Espanyol last week only to concede an equaliser with the final kick of the game in a 3-3 draw, Valencia will host Malaga on Saturday, desperate for victory to stay in touch with fourth-placed Real Sociedad.

Valencia, who are sixth in La Liga, are four points adrift of Sociedad, who occupy Spain's avenue into the qualifying playoffs of next season's Champions League.

While third position and an automatic berth in the 2013-14 Champions League seems a bridge too far for Valencia, the qualifying spot is definitely up for grabs, especially with fifth-placed Malaga ineligible for continental football next season.

That would mean that if Malaga finished fourth and Valencia claimed fifth at the end of the season, it would be the latter who would earn a spot in the Champions League qualifying process.

Valencia have won their past three matches when Malaga have visited the Estadio de Mestalla.

In fact, Malaga, who needed a stoppage-time winner from Julio Baptista to overcome Osasuna 1-0 last week, have not won at Valencia's home ground in the past 10 years.

If Valencia win again this weekend it will set Ernesto Valverde's side up nicely to take on Sociedad the week after in what could be a head-to-head battle for fourth position.

For that to happen, Sociedad would need to fail to win away to 15th-placed Osasuna on Sunday.

Meanwhile, Real Betis will face a tough trip to take on Real Madrid on Saturday as they attempt to stay in the hunt for fourth position.

Betis, who are two points behind Valencia and Malaga in seventh, drew 3-3 with local rivals Sevilla last week and probably need to become the first Spanish side in seven games to pick up points away to Real Madrid to stay in touch with their rivals for fourth.

La Liga leaders Barcelona will host Levante ahead of their Champions League semi-final first leg versus Bayern Munich, while third-placed Atletico Madrid will travel to Sevilla.

Mallorca and Rayo Vallecano will kick off the round's action on Friday, while Celta de Vigo and Real Zaragoza will play the final game on Monday.

In other La Liga fixtures, Granada will host Real Valladolid, Getafe are set to face Espanyol and Deportivo La Coruna will take on Athletic Bilbao.

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

267915_thumb.jpg

Atletico Madrid interest in Galatasaray's Burak Yilmaz, says agent
Ali Egesel revealed the Primera Liga side are one of a number of teams who have inquired about the Turkey international while he refused to rule out a move to Serie A

229588_thumb.jpg

Malaga behind on payments but Pellegrini wants to stay, says agent
The coach of this season's surprise team in the Champions League wants to remain and carry on the work he has started, although he is currently owed money by the club

270500_thumb.jpg

Messi gets green light for Bayern-Barcelona
The Argentine has been struggling with a hamstring injury this month but looks set to feature against the Bavarians in the European last four first leg next Tuesday

243554_thumb.jpg

Deulofeu keen to sign Barcelona extension
The forward's representative has stressed that his client has no intention to leave the club amid interest from a number of English sides

222243_thumb.jpg

Fulham agree deal to sign Athletic Bilbao defender Amorebieta
The Venezuelan centre-back, who was a target for Arsenal in the January transfer window, has penned a pre-contract agreement to move to Craven Cottage in the summer

196227_thumb.jpg

Jimenez concerned over Zaragoza struggles
With relegation looming, the remaining seven games are crucial for los Blanquillos if they hope to remain in La Liga next season

253306_thumb.jpg

Simeone targets late charge for second place
Following the 5-0 demolition of Granada, the Atletico coach is full of optimism that his side can finish as runners-up in La Liga ahead of Real Madrid

174428_thumb.jpg

Abidal: I never thought of death
The Frenchman endured a long battle with cancer and revealed that doctors wondered how he was able to endure the pain during his struggle

223281_thumb.jpg

Ronaldo won Madrid the match, says Karanka
The Portuguese attacker made the difference for the Blancos in a hostile environment, prompting the assistant coach to hail his performance

132161_thumb.jpg

San Jose: Cristiano Ronaldo should focus on football if he wants respect
The former Liverpool defender has criticised the attacker's attitude and believes he will not get respect unless he changes his behaviour

252279_thumb.jpg

Neymar will end Barcelona's Messi-dependence, says agent
The club's South American representative believes the Santos star could be Barca's plan B and has stressed his client is on top of the Spanish giants' shortlist

207808_thumb.jpg

Ronaldo & Messi cementing their status as the modern game's greatest goalscorers
The Portuguese and the Argentine are the only two players to have netted 50 or more goals in a Spanish season - and they have now done so in each of the last three campaigns

272129_thumb.jpg

Fabregas: Injuries are wearing Barcelona down
The Spain international has rued his side's bad luck on the injury front in 2012-13, while Thiago is desperate to wrap up La Liga as soon as possible

251751_thumb.jpg

Roura proud of versatile Barcelona
The 45-year-old coach praised the Liga giants for not relying on their star names to secure victory following the 3-0 win on Sunday

272171_thumb.jpg

Alonso: Madrid do not depend on Ronaldo
The former Liverpool midfielder does not think that los Blancos have become overly reliant on the Portugal international, who plundered two more goals in a 3-0 win in Bilbao

226592_thumb.jpg

Tello pleased with Barcelona starting berth
The 21-year-old expressed his delight at being given more game-time after scoring a double on Sunday but is coy on his chances of retaining a place for the visit of Bayern Munich

139961_thumb.jpg

Pellegrini 'worried' about Malaga's future
Los Boquerones' boss has expressed his gratitude towards the fans after victory over Osasuna, but says he has concerns over the club still facing a European ban

270992_thumb.jpg

Leonardo says Real Madrid are interested in Ancelotti and refuses to rule out Ronaldo move
Les Parisiens' director of sport has revealed the Spanish giants are keen to recruit the Italian coach, potentially allowing for Cristiano Ronaldo to move to Paris

264539_thumb.jpg

Neymar thanks Barcelona for their 'affection'
The Brazilian striker has expressed his gratitude for the support he has received from the Catalans, fueling speculation that he may be soon to join the Liga leaders

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

266144_thumb.jpg

Mourinho's confidence has helped me improve - Varane
The young Frenchman has taken the time to thank his Portuguese boss for believing in him and aiding his development while looking ahead to his side's clash with Borussia Dortmund

248066_thumb.jpg

Carvajal: I would love to go back to Real Madrid
The Blancos youth product joined Bayer Leverkusen last year but remains keen on a Bernabeu return and sees his former side as favourites over Dortmund in the Champions League

258800_thumb.jpg

Iniesta: I don't care about Mourinho
The midfielder says he is not bothered if the Portuguese leaves the Santiago Bernabeu at the end of the season

272614_thumb.jpg

Valdano tips Ancelotti to replace Mourinho
The former Real Madrid director has hinted that the current Paris Saint-Germain boss could be the perfect replacement for Jose Mourinho

270500_thumb.jpg

Messi on the verge of Barcelona return
The club say they will wait to see if their star player is fit to return to Liga action before their Champions League clash with Bayern Munich next week

269951_thumb.jpg

Yaya Toure: Abidal is a fantastic person
The Manchester City star spoke of his respect for the Frenchman as well as giving his opinion on Barcelona's upcoming Champions League semi-final clash with Bayern Munich

262872_thumb.jpg

Roura: Winning the league is number one priority
The Blaugrana assistant says Liga success is the club's primary goal this term and not the Champions League

196951_thumb.jpg

Vilanova wins all the comparisons with Guardiola, says Barcelona spokesman
The Blaugrana representative thinks highly of the club's current coach, while he has stressed Eric Abidal will not necessarily be offered a new deal

263273_thumb.jpg

Ronaldinho: Hummels would be a good signing for Barcelona
The Brazilian forward has nothing but praise for the defender and Mario Gotze, and is optimistic about the Blaugrana's chances in the Champions League

268304_thumb.jpg

Dani Alves: Barcelona should not sell Villa & Alexis
The Brazilian defender feels the Bluagrana would be wrong to allow the two attackers to depart this summer, while he remained coy on the future of Neymar

272499_thumb.jpg

Swansea keeper Vorm denies Barcelona deal
The Netherlands international insists he was only visiting the city on a family holiday, but hinted at potential interest in reuniting with Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool

168357_thumb.jpg

Figo rules out Inter return for Mourinho
The Portuguese coach has been linked with a move back to the Serie A giants, but the former Real Madrid ace has stressed he is unlikely to replace Andrea Stramaccioni this summer

264580_thumb.jpg

Villa: Barcelona desperate for Champions League glory
The Spain attacker has set his sights on another trip to Wembley and has admitted that his goal against Manchester United two years ago was the most important of his career

270786_thumb.jpg

Demichelis still haunted by Champions League nightmare
The defender has revealed it will be tough to recover from the dramatic defeat to Borussia Dortmund, but hopes the Liga side are remembered for their efforts this season

268805_thumb.jpg

Bartomeu: Barcelona do not want to sell Valdes
The club's vice-president is hoping the goalkeeper changes his mind following his decision not to renew his contract at Camp Nou

230373_thumb.jpg

There is no buy-back clause for Song, insists Arsenal boss Wenger
The Barcelona midfielder's cousin had stated that he is unhappy with his role in Spain, but the French manager believes the 25-year-old wants to "give it a go for another year"

176285_thumb.jpg

Rosell to run for Barcelona re-election in 2016
The current Blaugrana president confirmed to the club's senior board members that he intends to stand for office once again to help the club build

269951_thumb.jpg

Abidal: My future is in Barcelona's hands
Having made his comeback from a liver transplant, the Frenchman has insisted that whether he continues to ply his trade at Camp Nou is down to the club

259784_thumb.jpg

Iniesta: Liga title more important than Champions League
The Barcelona midfielder believes securing a fourth league crown in five seasons would represent a greater accomplishment than continental success

270810_thumb.jpg

Xavi: Casillas will not leave Madrid for Barcelona
The shot-stopper is reportedly unhappy with life at his current club, but his Spain colleague believes a move to the Camp Nou side is very unlikely

271013_thumb.jpg

'I'm only focused on Atletico Madrid' - Falcao plays down Manchester United links
The in-demand forward insisted he does not know where speculation regarding a move to Old Trafford has emerged from, while revealing he dreams of being a "star" at World Cup 2014

266611_thumb.jpg

Neymar set for Barcelona talks in July
The Brazil international will take part in the Confederations Cup this summer before travelling to Catalunya to open negotiations

264783_thumb.jpg

'Real Madrid must force Mourinho to fulfil his contract'
Manuel Alvarez hopes the Santiago Bernabeu side can still hold on to the Portuguese, while he feels Iker Casillas should be grateful to the Blancos coach

263513_thumb.jpg

Santa Cruz close to Botafogo switch, says agent
The Malaga striker, who is loan from Manchester City, is expected to complete a deal to move to Brazil later this week

212678_thumb.jpg

Song unhappy with role at Barcelona
The former Arsenal midfielder's older cousin reveals that the Cameroon international is frustrated about a lack of first-team appearances since moving to Camp Nou

272120_thumb.jpg

Real Madrid, Juventus, Inter and LA Galaxy to take part in Guinness International Champions Cup
A total of seven European sides will join the MLS giants for a new eight-team pre-season tournament based in the USA this summer

269135_thumb.jpg

'Mourinho's told me he's leaving Spain'
The Portuguese coach has been linked with a move to Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain and those rumours will intensify following the latest revelations from Manuel Alvarez

255572_thumb.jpg

'Barcelona have a legacy that other teams lack' - Xavi
The 33-year-old midfielder believes that dominating opponents is important and is excited by the prospect of potentially playing the Champions League final at Wembley again

221903_thumb.jpg

Xabi Alonso considers his options
The former Liverpool star is waiting for the right moment before he will make a decision about his future at Real Madrid

266562_thumb.jpg

Draxler 'dreams' of Real Madrid
The Germany international has caught the attention of a number of European giants and he would relish the chance to move to the Santiago Bernabeu side

247494_thumb.jpg

Ronaldo can pip Messi to Ballon d'Or, says Metzelder
The German defender feels his former team-mate has every chance of winning the individual award this year and has hailed his professionalism

234746_thumb.jpg

Cristian Rodriguez eyes future Penarol return
The man they call 'the Onion' is enjoying his time in Madrid, but admits he would like to play in his homeland again before his career is over

264539_thumb.jpg

Neymar has the quality to succeed at Barcelona, says Peres
The Santos coach has heaped praise on the forward amid rumours of a summer switch to Camp Nou

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Liga - Messi back in training for Barcelona

Barcelona forward Lionel Messi was back on the training pitch on Thursday as he bids to rid himself of a hamstring injury before Tuesday's Champions League semi-final first leg at Bayern Munich.

Reuters – Thu, Apr 18, 2013 15:29 BST

985935-16070130-640-360.jpg

Eurosport - Messi continues recovery

"The big novelty of this Thursday's training session was Leo Messi," Barca said in a statement on their website.

The Argentine World Player of the Year damaged the muscle during Barca's quarter-final first leg at Paris St Germain on April 2.

He sat out their 5-0 La Liga victory at home to Real Mallorca four days later but came on for the final half an hour at the Nou Camp last Wednesday to help a nervous Barca squeeze past PSG into the last four on away goals.

Midfielder Sergio Busquets, who has a minor groin problem, completed some work with the rest of his team mates on Thursday after missing Wednesday's session, Barca said.

The La Liga leaders are chasing a third European crown in five years and play their semi-final second leg at home to German champions Bayern on May 1.

Lionel Messi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mourinho jets in to comfort wife and daughter after laptop theft from £1,044-a-night five star west London hotel

By DAVID KENT PUBLISHED: 12:19 GMT, 18 April 2013 | UPDATED: 12:19 GMT, 18 April 2013

Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho’s wife and daughter were targeted by thieves during a recent visit to London. Current Real Madrid manager Mourinho jetted in to comfort his wife Matilde, 47, and their 16-year-old daughter Tita who had a laptop stolen from the five-star Wyndham Grand Hotel in Chelsea, west London.Mourinho, 50, who has been linked to a return as Chelsea manager this summer, also owns a house near the Blues’ Stamford Bridge ground.

article-2311036-192D818B000005DC-683_634x428.jpg

Concern: Jose Mourinho flew in to London to be with his wife and daughter after a laptop was stolen from their room at a five-star west london hotel

However, his wife - known as Tami - and Tita had taken a suite at the nearby hotel, where rooms are up to £1,044 a night.The pair have been in London after Tita enrolled on a fine art course at Camberwell College of Arts in south London. Police confirmed that officers were investigating the burglary, which took place on March 27th.

article-2311036-0288C73F0000044D-907_634x882.jpg

Family affair: Mourinho celebrates winning the Premier League with Chelsea in 2005 with wife Tami and children Jose Jr (left) and Matilde (right)

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: ‘Police were called at 11.04pm on Wednesday March 27th to a burglary at a room in the Wyndham Grand Hotel in Chelsea.‘Officers from Hammersmith and Fulham CID are investigating.’Hotel manager Xavier Montembault said: ‘We take the safety and security of our guests very seriously.’

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am not unhappy at Real Madrid, says Mourinho

By Stefan Coerts
Apr 19, 2013 1:39:00 PM

264783hp2.jpg

The Portuguese says there is no such thing as the perfect club but has put talks over his future on hold until the end of the season

Jose Mourinho has insisted that he is not unhappy at Real Madrid amid ongoing rumours that he is set to leave the club at the end of the 2012-13 campaign.

The Portuguese coach admitted that his relationship with Madrid is not perfect, but remains determined to finish the season on a high before making a decision about his future.

"I'm not unhappy at Real Madrid. We need to make the decision that´s best for everyone. I may like some things and dislike others but this happens everywhere. There's no such thing as the perfect club or the perfect manager," Mourinho said at a press conference.

"We need to focus on finishing the season as well as possible, on achieving goals that are still very far away. We are two matches away from the Champions League, not long ago we were 13. When we take all this pressure off the time will be right to sit down and get to conclusions."

The former Inter boss then went on to discuss Canillas president Manuel Alvarez's claims that Mourinho has told him he will leave Madrid this summer.

"If I talk about Canillas I talk about a second home for me and my son. It´s a great club, but there's one problem. The president really likes press and attention. He is a terrific person and he treats me and my son really well, but he's got this little issue.

"He really likes press, but that's not my concern. I can confirm that I told him I will not be able to give the coaching conference. Next year I can't say I will be giving the conference. I really don't think I will.

Mourinho has a contract with los Blancos until 2016 after extending his original four-year deal to six last summer.

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga wrap: Valencia romp past Malaga

21 April 2013

317555header.jpg

Four goals in six first-half minutes have seen Valencia thump Malaga 5-1 to move within one point of the UEFA Champions League spots.

Valencia scored in the 25th, 28th, 30th and 31st minutes at home to leap to a 4-0 lead on Saturday and while Julio Baptista pulled one back for Malaga in first-half stoppage time, Ever Banega's 56th-minute goal ended the visitors' resistance.

The victory took Valencia above Malaga into fifth position, one point and one spot behind Real Sociedad, who currently hold La Liga's spot in the qualifying stages of next season's Champions League.

The hosts took the lead after a move down the right ended with the ball at the feet of Dani Parejo, who, thanks to a deflection off Malaga's Martin Demichelis, dribbled into the penalty area and produced a calm finish.

Just three minutes later, a driving run from left-back Aly Cissokho ended with the Frenchman crossing into the box for Roberto Soldado to score.

Soldado made it 3-0 on the half-hour mark with a penalty and from the re-start, Valencia stole the ball back, attacked down the right through Jonas and while his shot was saved, Sergio Canales was there to tap home the rebound.

Baptista gave the visiting Malaga fans something to cheer about in first-half stoppage time when he curled a free-kick over the wall and into the net but Banega's thumping strike after half-time ended any thoughts of a comeback.

Meanwhile, league leaders Barcelona had to wait until the 84th minute to overcome Levante with Cesc Fabregas scoring in a 1-0 victory.

Barcelona had 80 percent possession and took 18 shots to three at the Camp Nou but Levante looked like they would hold on for a point until Fabregas took Alexis Sanchez's pass with six minutes remaining and thumped his shot past the outstretched hand of visiting goalkeeper Keylor Navas.

Levante's goalkeeper had earlier saved a first-half penalty from David Villa but Navas could do nothing about Fabregas' late strike, which ensured Barcelona remain 13 points clear at the top of La Liga.

In other results, Real Madrid defeated Real Betis 3-1 and relegation-threatened Granada claimed a crucial point with a 1-1 draw versus Real Valladolid.

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga wrap: Atletico maintain pressure on Madrid rivals

22 April 2013

317646header.jpg

Atletico Madrid kept up the pressure on their city rivals Real Madrid in second, with a narrow 1-0 away over Sevilla in La Liga.

Radamel Falcao scored the only goal of the contest at the Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan, netting in the 76th minute with Raul Garcia credited with the assist.

Atletico now sit three points behind Jose Mourinho's men - with both sides having six games left to play in the season.

Espanyol made it five games unbeaten in the Spanish top flight with a 2-0 victory away to nine-man Getafe.

Javier Aguirre's men went ahead on 37 minutes via midfielder Verdu, before Getafe midfielder Borja Fernandez was handed his marching orders earlier in the second half.

Christian Stuani then sealed the result with Espanyol's second with 18 minutes remaining, and as if it wasn't already decided, then a second red card to the Coliseum Alfonso Perez hosts - this time to Federico Fernandez - made sure of it.

Espanyol are 10th, one point behind Getafe in ninth.

Deportivo La Coruna's winning run of four matches was ended by a 1-1 home draw to Athletic Bilbao.

Bruno Gama had the Estadio Municipal de Riazor hosts ahead with seven minutes to play in the first half, but Fernando Llorente saw the Basque club level at the break with a 44th-minute effort.

Champions League chasers Real Sociedad could only salvage a point from their trip to Osasuna in a 0-0 draw.

They remain two points ahead of fifth-placed Valencia with six matches left, while Osasuna now sit four points above the drop zone in 15th spot.

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga: Celta de Vigo 2 Real Zaragoza 1

23 April 2013

317765header.jpg

Celta de Vigo climbed off bottom spot in La Liga in dramatic fashion, winning an all drop-zone affair over Real Zaragoza 2-1 on Monday.

With all on the line for the two struggling sides, it was Mario Bermejo's 92nd-minute winner that decided the contest at the Estadio de Balaidos - ensuring Zaragoza ended the day in bottom spot on goal difference.

Celta de Vigo are now level with their opponents on 27 points, two points from 17th-placed Granada in a safe position.

Zaragoza would have been eyeing that safe position as early as the full-time whistle, though, when Cristian Sapunaru found the back of the net on 26 minutes - converting Apono's assist for the visitors.

Celta de Vigo responded before the break through Alex Lopez, who was assisted by Augusto Fernandez in the 37th minute.

And just when it looked destined for a stalemate that would have helped neither club's aspirations to safety, Bermejo struck the final blow to send the home side into raptures.

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

272362_thumb.jpg

Mourinho: Ronaldo renewal would be a boost for Madrid
The Portuguese feels his fellow countryman is indispensable to the club and is desperate for him to extend his stay in the Spanish capital

270826_thumb.jpg

Madrid will renew Ronaldo's contract, says Perez
The Real Madrid president has vowed to pay the Portuguese whatever it takes to make him stay at the club beyond 2015, when his current deal expires

254829_thumb.jpg

Madrid were also interested in Llorente, reveals Perez
The Blancos president is in no doubt that the Spain international, who is joining the Bianconeri on a free transfer, will prove a big hit in both Serie A and the Champions League

273204_thumb.jpg

Neymar is Barcelona bound, says Ronaldo
The now-retired 36-year-old appears to have suggested his compatriot, who has been repeatedly linked with the Liga giants, is destined to move to Camp Nou

272826_thumb.jpg

Brazil's Ronaldo: Cristiano Ronaldo 'unlucky' to have played in Messi's era
The former Barcelona and Real Madrid striker believes the Blaugrana's current South American superstar is "a little bit better" than his Portuguese rival

269936_thumb.jpg

Fabregas: Abidal is an example for the whole world
The Spain international has nothing but admiration for his Blaugrana team-mate, who is back playing again after 14 months out

273746_thumb.jpg

Casemiro revels in 'dream' Real Madrid debut
The starlet put in a solid shift for the senior side against Betis and stated his desire to continue featuring for los Blancos

273774_thumb.jpg

Fabregas: The title is close for Barcelona
The Spain international is well aware the Blaugrana could clinch the championship if they defeat Athletic Bilbao next weekend and Real Madrid lose to Atletico

243274_thumb.jpg

Mourinho would bring success to Chelsea, says Lampard
The midfielder believes the Real Madrid boss is one of the "legends of the Champions League" and admits Stamford Bridge is in need of managerial consistency

273469_thumb.jpg

Swansea agree deal for Betis midfielder Jose Canas
The 25-year-old, who was close to joining Michael Laudrup's side in January, will sign a long-term contract and join the club at the start of the summer transfer window

Higuain

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Malaga owner backtracks on criticism

By Steve Norman
Apr 23, 2013 6:04:00 PM

112351hp2.jpg

After losing heavily to Valencia at the weekend, the Qatari behind the club's recent success has insisted he has confidence in the side despite his prior negative comments

Malaga owner Sheikh Abdullah Al-Thani has insisted that he backs the current coach Manuel Pellegrini and his squad after previously slamming his side following their 5-1 defeat to Valencia on Saturday.

The Champions League quarter finalists lost 5-1 to Los Che, a result that dropped them to sixth and, at the time, Al-Thani claimed the team were "playing without heart."

However, the Qatari has backtracked on his criticism and stressed that he backs the coach and is certain that they will consign the poor result into the past.

"I am confident in the coaching staff, led by Mr. Manuel Pellegrini, and all the players," he said via his Twitter account.

"I'm sure the players will let this matter pass quickly and, last but not least, all my support for the team in all cases."

Malaga’s chances of playing in any European competition next season is under threat after being banned for ‘financial irregularities’, a decision that is being appealed by the club.

Earlier in April, Al-Thani criticised Uefa after his club’s exit from the Champions League at the quarter-final stage to Borussia Dortmund and accused the European football organisation of racism.