• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ξ Barclays Premier League Season 2015-16 Ξ

TonyPulis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Official: Manchester City sign Patrick Roberts

1198312_heroa.jpg

By Gill Clark
Jul 19, 2015 08:55:00

The 18-year-old, regarded as one of the brightest talents of his age group, becomes the club's third high-profile English signing of the summer

Manchester City have confirmed they have signed Fulham wonderkid Patrick Roberts.

Goal revealed last month that City were in advanced talks with Fulham over a deal for Roberts with an offer of £5 million rising to £10m with add-ons.

On Saturday Fulham boss Kit Symons confirmed that Roberts had decided to leave the club and now City have sealed the signing of an 18-year-old regarded as one of the brightest talents of his age group.

zHxo4s5.jpg

Roberts becomes City's third high-profile English signing of the summer after the arrivals of Raheem Sterling and Fabian Delph as they continue their home-grown recruitment drive.

The 18-year-old is not expected to form part of City's first-team squad, and it is not yet clear whether he will be loaned out in order to secure regular senior football next season.

Roberts, a boyhood Liverpool fan, made just two senior starts in the Championship last season as Fulham battled to preserve their survival in the second tier but was considered the jewel of a talented youth side that reached the FA Youth Cup final in 2014.

He also played a key role in England's triumph at the European Under-17 Championships last year.

Schweinsteiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

'The sooner the better' - Woodward eyes further Man Utd signings

edwoodward-cropped_1ug47l9e96rxj1mldxyn187wg6.jpg

Jul 18, 2015 16:26:00

Memphis Depay, Matteo Darmian, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Morgan Schneiderlin have all already arrived for around £80 million, but the vice-chairman is not done yet

Manchester United are keen to bring in more signings as quickly as possible this summer, according to Ed Woodward.

Memphis Depay, Matteo Darmian, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Morgan Schneiderlin have already arrived during the current transfer window and Louis van Gaal claimed on Friday that he was hoping to sign at least two more players.

Woodward admits any business must be concluded quickly as Van Gaal looks to integrate new signings into his squad, and says that the final say on any new buys will come from the Dutchman.

"The sooner the better," Woodward told MUTV. "Because it means Louis can start blending them into the team and getting them used to the training, get used to their colleagues.

"We'll see, with transfers, everyone wants to know what's going to happen, who you're talking to. The reality is we've been successful in bringing in four, which is fantastic. To the extent that others come, it's up to Louis.

"We'll continue to assess what's out there and assess the squad we've got and think about the upcoming season, where we're obviously going to have more games than last year. We'll see."

Woodward's reputation has soared in recent weeks as he has gained plaudits for his work this summer, and insists he feels no pressure when it comes to securing new signings.

"It's not a challenge from my perspective, in terms of bringing players in, selling players etc.," he added.

"The biggest challenge is blending them into a team that works. Louis worked extremely hard, and his coaching staff, all last year to do that, to get that blend and get it clicking.

"You look at the 3-0 win over Spurs, the 2-1 Liverpool victory, when we beat City 4-2, I mention again - sorry - but we could see that happening. Something suddenly clicks. And that was all the hard work that goes into the training and the preparation that we don't see."

Gomis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Van Persie: Van Gaal never gave me a chance at Manchester United

robin-van-persie-presentation-fenerbahce-07142015_1anwopa4omp1k1j703vqjkxz89.jpg

By Liam Twomey
Jul 19, 2015 12:31:00

The 31-year-old insists his countryman did not give him the opportunity to come back from an ankle injury sustained against Swansea City in February

Robin van Persie has hit out at Louis van Gaal for not giving him the chance to prove his fitness at Manchester United.

The 31-year-old completed a surprise move to Fenerbahce earlier this month after falling spectacularly out of favour at Old Trafford during Van Gaal's first season in charge.

Van Persie made just four appearances over the final three months of the season after aggravating an ankle injury against Swansea City in February, and revealed he feared the worst when Van Gaal failed to bring him off the bench when United trailed 1-0 against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in April.

“That was one of the first signals things weren’t going in the right direction,” he told the Sunday Times.

“I asked to play in the reserves, to get my minutes, but after was on the bench again. The atmosphere changed between me and Louis and people at the club saw it, but I was always professional. At that point I didn’t think to leave. [Van Persie's wife] Bouchra was happy. The kids were happy. I was happy in Manchester.

“But I was still thinking we could come back from holiday and start from scratch. He had changed his mind about me before. When he took over Holland he said to me ‘You’re the No 3 striker.’ I was ‘O...K...’ but I fought and became the No 1 and his captain.

“But when I came back, it wasn’t an honest battle any more. Fighting to get back in the team wasn’t given me as an option. He was sending me to Pitch Two. And I’m a mature player. I’m not stupid. I didn’t get angry or emotional. These things are part of football, part of life. You have to make the best out of any situation so I’m doing this by moving on.

“I know Louis as a national team coach and now I get to know him as a club coach. And there is a difference.”

Fabregas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sterling: I regret manner of Liverpool exit

raheem-sterling-manchester-city-unveiling_abstwp9xqxa9176wxdec8nyv1.jpg

By Harry West
Jul 18, 2015 14:43:31

The England international found himself at the centre of a protracted transfer saga ahead of his move to Manchester City and says he is disappointed with the manner of his exit

Raheem Sterling admits that he regrets the manner of his exit from Liverpool , having sealed a £49 million move to Manchester City .

The England international was involved in a protracted transfer saga after turning down the club's offer of a new £100,000-a-week contract.

Sterling threatened to go on strike as he attempted to force a move and twice called in sick to training , while his agent, Aidy Ward, claimed there had been a "breakdown in trust" between his client and Brendan Rodgers .

Sterling watched on as his new team-mates defeated Melbourne City 1-0 in a pre-season friendly on Saturday, and subsequently expressed his wish that he had handled his departure differently.

"I was a bit disappointed how I left," he told Fox Sports Australia.

"That was the main problem I've had with the situation - how I've left it with Liverpool.

"I'm good with everyone at the football club, the manager, the players and I wish them well for the new season.

"But it was really disappointing how it did finish off."

JoseMourinho

Alfrescian
Loyal

Falcao joined Chelsea to prove Premier League doubters wrong, says Mourinho

1527432_heroa.jpg

By Tom Davis
Jul 19, 2015 14:13:00

The Blues boss reveals that his new striker slashed his wages in half to have a second shot in England, having scored just four goals for Manchester United last season

Radamel Falcao took a substantial pay-cut to join Chelsea in order to prove wrong his Premier League doubters, manager Jose Mourinho has revealed.

The 29-year-old signed on a season-long-loan from Monaco this summer in a deal that significantly reduces his reported £265,000-a-week (€382,000) wages offered by Manchester United last season.

His spell at Old Trafford saw him net just four times in 29 appearances – casting doubts over his recovery from a succession of injuries – yet Mourinho is encouraged by his desire to make his mark in England.

"It's his motivation," he told reporters of Falcao's intention to change perceptions from his spell at United.

"When you are not a top player, you never feel frustrated. When you are a top player, you have to live with this all through your career and you adapt to it. We felt his frustration.

"He is not happy that in England people think he is not as good as he is and his motivation is there.

"He did a lot of things to come to us. He lost money to come to us, he didn't want to listen to other offers. He helped us a lot to do a deal with Monaco so, all these things together, we think we can help him and he can help us."

Falcao scored 70 goals in two seasons at Atletico Madrid before making a €60 million transfer to Ligue 1 with Monaco in 2013 but has seen form dip after sustaining a knee ligament injury in 2014.

The Columbia international, who was given an extended holiday due to his participation in the Copa America, will link up with his new team-mates on Tuesday for their US tour.

DiMaria

Alfrescian
Loyal

PSG want Di Maria if he is for sale - Blanc

18 July 2015

879669header.jpg

Laurent Blanc has confirmed that Paris Saint-Germain would be interested in signing Angel di Maria if Manchester United were to allow him to leave Old Trafford.

The Argentina star only signed a five-year contract in August 2014 following his reported £59.7 million move from Real Madrid, but has been the subject of constant speculation for several months.

Di Maria's United career started brightly and he caught the eye at the beginning of the season, but injuries and an attempted robbery at his Cheshire home in February have been highlighted by many as key reasons for his form tailing off.

The former Benfica winger has continually been linked with PSG since the incident at his home and, with United manager Louis van Gaal recently doing little to dispel rumours of an exit, Blanc has acknowledged that the Ligue 1 champions are taking a keen interest.

"The case of Di Maria is very complicated because I repeat once again, he is a player who plays for a very, very big English club which purchased him last year," the former United defender told reporters.

"If eventually the player left, you can expect that other big clubs would also be interested in him. PSG are one of them.

"It's going to be a tough negotiation provided that the player leaves. We are following this case with great interest."

Ospina

Alfrescian
Loyal

Vlaar set to miss four months

19 July 2015

879891header.jpg

Ron Vlaar is unlikely to be fit until 2016, having undergone surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee.

The Netherlands international's contract at Aston Villa expired last month, with terms on a fresh deal discussed but yet to be agreed after a season hit by more injuries limited the central defender to 23 appearances in all competitions.

It remains to be seen whether Vlaar, 30, will remain at Villa Park, though his immediate future will be taken up by months of rehabilitation.

A statement read: "At the end of the season a trip was arranged for me to travel to India.

"It was during this trip that I noticed something was wrong with my body, something didn't feel right. In response to this, I requested a medical examination and unfortunately my worst feelings were confirmed.

"On the MRI scan of my left knee it became clear that I had a torn medial meniscus.

"You may or may not be aware that in January I had surgery on the same injury, and after a short period on the sidelines I was back on the pitch and playing again.

"It's far from ideal if you have to undergo this procedure twice in six months, so the doctor made the right decision by drilling into my cartilage. This means that there will be scar tissue for protection, which will combine well with good musculature in the upper legs.

"So what does this means in the short term? Well, instead of two days with crutches, there will now be a four to six weeks period.

"Instead of four weeks rehabilitation, it will now take three to four months.

"On hearing this news it was a defining moment, I was stunned and I struggled to keep my composure. Even now when I think about it, the news is very hard to swallow."

MesutOzil

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ranieri demands Cambiasso decision

esteban-cambiasso-leicester-city-premier-league-24052015_qpwlrkesgfsg1w87ai4rzie5k.jpg

Gareth Morgan
Jul 20, 2015 19:34:00

The Italian says the midfielder, who he has worked with previously at Inter, is currently considering his options but has urged him to return to the King Power Stadium

New Leicester City boss Claudio Ranieri is desperate for Esteban Cambiasso to pledge his future to the club sooner rather than later.

The Argentinian veteran became a fans' favourite at the King Power Stadium following a series of assured performances last season, and has previously worked with Ranieri at Inter.

However, the 34-year-old is yet to sign a new deal with the Foxes and Ranieri has made resolving the issue one of his first priorities.

"I've had a conversation with him," the Italian told reporters. "I have spoken to him, I know him from Inter Milan.

"I said to him 'I need you, everybody loves you in Leicester, please come back'.

"He told me he wants to wait and look at all the opportunities offered to him and then he will choose.

"But we need 'Yes or No' because at the start of the season he is a team leader and if he doesn't come, I need another team leader.

"We don't start the season without a player like him."

Cambiasso, who made 31 appearances for Leicester last season, has been strongly linked with a move to West Ham and is also said to be attracting interest from clubs in Italy and his native Argentina.

Schweinsteiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pellegrini tight-lipped on Sergio Ramos & De Bruyne

1575742_heroa.jpg

By Sam Lee
Jul 20, 2015 10:26:00

The Manchester City manager hinted that the club are close to sealing further summer signings in the next week, but refused to name names

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has refused to comment on speculation linking his side with moves for Sergio Ramos and Kevin de Bruyne.

Manchester United have been the leading candidates to sign Real Madrid centre-back Ramos this summer, although there appears to be a deadlock in the club's attempts to bring him to Old Trafford as part of any deal that would see David De Gea go the other way.

City are rumoured to be waiting in the wings should their rivals' attempts falter, and Goal understands they are awaiting developments on De Bruyne's contract talks at Wolfsburg before making their interest firm.

But Pellegrini refused to go into detail when quizzed, saying of De Bruyne: "I don't talk about rumours, about names. We know the players that we want. For the moment we just have [Fabian] Delph, [Raheem] Sterling and Patrick Roberts.

"We'll see, in the future maybe will arrive more players. I can't talk with you about names because I'm not sure who will come."

And on Ramos he went into less detail: "I don't want to talk about rumours, about names. Because that's just speculation."

City have been through a tumultuous summer so far, signing Sterling from Liverpool for £49m only after an ugly PR war between the England man and his former club, before adding Delph for £8m less than a week after he pulled out of a move and committed his future to Aston Villa.

Roberts, though, was brought in for £11m from Fulham in far less controversial circumstances on Sunday.

The 18-year-old, who has represented England at U-16, 17, 18 and 19 level, had a year left on his contract at Craven Cottage.

He has been linked with a loan move to help gain first-team football next season, but Pellegrini says he has not yet made a decision: "We will see what is the best for his future and the future of the club. I cannot answer at this point."

Filipe

Alfrescian
Loyal

Filipe Luis set to leave Chelsea, confirms Mourinho

1098482_heroa.jpg

By Alex Young
Jul 21, 2015 19:45:00

The left-back is expected to return to Atletico Madrid, a move which could be announced on Wednesday, with Augsburg's Baba Rahman reportedly lined up as his replacement

Chelsea are on the market for a new left-back with Filipe Luis to be sold within the next few days, according to Jose Mourinho.

Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has confirmed that the club are in talks to bring the 29-year-old back to Vicente Calderon, just a year after moving to the Premier League in a £15.8 million deal.

Mourinho insisted on Sunday that any agreement to sign Filipe Luis is dependent on Chelsea receiving the majority of their initial outlay back, before adding that Mohamed Salah could also be on the move.

"In this moment we need a left-back because I think we are selling Filipe Luis now or Wednesday, but I think we will sell Filipe Luis," Mourinho told reporters.

"We need to go the market, we need to find a club that accepts a bid until August 31, and we are going for a left-back. In other positions we have no space."

Augsburg left-back Baba Rahman is reportedly being lined up as the Brazilian's replacement.

JoseMourinho

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'll help Sterling get over stupid booing fans - Nasri

sterling-cropped_6sf9eizm6tyu1h1ab2sq0keww.jpg

By Iain Strachan
Jul 21, 2015 16:53:00

The Manchester City midfielder knows what his new team-mate will go through this season and backs him to prove his worth despite Liverpool supporters' ire

Samir Nasri has backed his new Manchester City team-mate, Raheem Sterling, to show the "stupid fans" who boo him just how good he is.

The England international was jeered by some supporters at the MCG as he made his first appearance since his £49 million switch from Liverpool in an International Champions Cup match against Roma on Tuesday, scoring with a cool finish within just three minutes.

City won the match 5-4 on penalties after a 2-2 draw in normal time but the treatment of Sterling dominated conversation, with more booing expected when the Premier League season begins.

Nasri knows all too well his new team-mate's situation, having drawn ire for his switch from Arsenal in 2011, but was pleased to see the youngster get off to a bright start.

"That was really important," he told the press of Sterling's goal. "It's really good for his confidence, really good for the team.

"You always have stupid fans on a football pitch. The same thing happened to me when I left Arsenal. I just think you have to move on. He chose to come to Manchester City, they have to respect his decision. He's a young player, talented. Just let him play, he's going to show you how talented he is."

Nasri went on to say he has not yet spoken to Sterling about what to expect back in England.

"We didn't expect this - it's a game between Roma and Manchester City in Australia," the Frenchman added. "We didn't expect any other fans to be there so it's a little surprising and weird. So if he needs any advice or anything about it, he can come to ask me.

"There was booing by some fans and then, after three minutes, he scores so it was good for his confidence. We saw a little bit of what he can do for us. He can bring speed and skill. He should have had two penalties as well."

Asked if Sterling can make the difference in City's bid to regain the Premier League title from Chelsea, Nasri replied: "It depends how he adjusts to the squad, depends as well which system we are going to play.

"If we play 4-3-3, he can bring us what he did tonight - speed and goals. He is one of the hottest prospects in world football. If the transfer fee is not too heavy, he can bring many, many things to the table."

PerMertesacker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Balotelli risks wrath of Liverpool fans after backing Sterling

21 July 2015

880984header.jpg

Mario Balotelli has risked the wrath of Brendan Rodgers and the Liverpool supporters with a series of tweets in support of Raheem Sterling.

The England international made his debut for Manchester City on Tuesday after completing his move from Anfield last week, scoring inside three minutes in the 2-2 draw with Roma in the International Champions Cup - a game City went on to win after a penalty shootout.

Sterling's drawn out departure from Liverpool caused anger within the club's fans, his widely reported switch coming after turning down the offer of a new contract and failing to report to pre-season training on time.

However former City man Balotelli, in a move that could see the ire of Liverpool's supporters turn on him, has backed his former team-mate.

"Well done @sterling31! Best answer. Keep it up," his sequence of Twitter posts began.

"Liverpool fans are amazing but I hope @sterling31 will play at his best because he deserve it. He's a good guy young and talented…

"…support him Like you always did. He gave everything to this club and respect it so im sad to see this. YNWA , Liverpool is a family ALWAYS."

Schweinsteiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Van Gaal hints at Ramos arrival

21 July 2015

880804header.jpg

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal refused to dismiss speculation that Sergio Ramos could be set to arrive from Real Madrid before the transfer window shuts on September 1.

Ramos is reportedly United's number one defensive target, despite Real insisting the Spain international is not for sale.

While Real have no intention of allowing Ramos to leave before his contract expires in two years, Van Gaal wants the 29-year-old at Old Trafford, if United are to send goalkeeper David de Gea in the opposite direction.

Van Gaal was quizzed about Ramos ahead of United's International Champions Cup match against San Jose Earthquakes on Tuesday and said: "I cannot talk about these rumours. I have said in a lot of press conferences that it's a process.

"Maybe Mr Ramos is in the process - you never know."

Van Gaal confirmed De Gea will miss his second consecutive pre-season outing due to an unspecified injury.

United also continue to be linked with a move for a striker, after Van Gaal revealed the Premier League giants could make a "surprise" signing to assist captain Wayne Rooney.

Thomas Muller, Edinson Cavani and Robert Lewandowski's names have been touted in the media but Van Gaal added: "He is in the process. It's not the striker the media has written about. You have to wait and see.

"The transfer period is open until 1 September so we have to wait."

Fabregas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bamford signs new Chelsea deal, joins Palace on loan

21 July 2015

881073header.jpg

Patrick Bamford has signed a new three-year contract with Chelsea and immediately joined fellow Premier League side Crystal Palace on a season-long loan.

The 21-year-old moved to Stamford Bridge from Nottingham Forest in January 2012 and has enjoyed loans with MK Dons and Derby County.

However, he rose to prominence during his loan spell at Championship club Middlesbrough last season, where he scored 17 league goals and won the division's player of the year award.

Bamford was linked with a return to the Riverside Stadium, but is keen to test himself in the top flight and will link up with Alan Pardew's side for the 2015-16 campaign after committing his long-term future to the Premier League champions.

"I'm delighted to sign a new contract with Chelsea. My dream has always been to be part of this club for the long term," he told Chelsea's official website.

"Chelsea have been fantastic with my development and joining Crystal Palace for this season on loan is the next step for me in my career."

He added on Palace's official website: "I was quite keen to stay close to London this time and Palace were actually my first choice, but I didn't realise they were keen to start with.

"Then, when I met with the manager, he put forward his plans and it was an easy decision."

Bamford becomes Palace's second signing of the close-season after Yohan Cabaye joined from Paris Saint-Germain earlier this month.

Schweinsteiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Kewell appointed Watford Under-21 coach

harrykewell-cropped_1q6ni23ub92p71t4ltl0c5epqa.jpg

By Jack Davies
Jul 23, 2015 21:33:00

The 36-year-old, who won the Champions League with Liverpool in 2005 and also played by the likes of Leeds United and Galatasaray, will take charge of the youth team

Former Australia ace Harry Kewell has been appointed as Watford's Under-21 coach.

The former Leeds and Liverpool star will lead the Hornets' young players into their first season in the Under-21 Professional Development League Two South.

Kewell, who won 56 caps for his country and played at two World Cups, brought the curtain down on his playing career last year following a brief stint at Melbourne Heart, and the new role at Watford represents his first step into coaching, although he has established a youth academy in Australia.

"We are delighted that Harry has agreed to join us as our new Under-21 coach," said sporting director Luke Dowling.

"Harry enjoyed an extremely successful career as a player, and he now has a proven track record when it comes to working with and nurturing gifted young footballers.

"His knowledge and experience will be of great benefit to the club's youth set-up as a whole, and the talented players we have within our Under-21 group."

Kewell was part of the Liverpool team that won the Champions League in 2005.

Fabregas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Official: Crystal Palace sign Alex McCarthy from QPR

1688182_heroa.jpg

By Chris Davie
Jul 23, 2015 19:19:00

The 25-year-old goalkeeper has signed a four-year contract with Alan Pardew's side after the Eagles activated his release clause

Crystal Palace have completed the signing of Alex McCarthy from relegated QPR.

The 25-year-old goalkeeper has signed a four-year contract with the Eagles after his release clause was activated.

“I’m over the moon. When I first heard about Palace’s interest I was excited because I really wanted to be back in the Premier League,” McCarthy told Palace’s official website.

2tiw2hW.jpg

“Towards the end of last season I started hearing little inklings about a move and then gradually over the summer things progressed and now, here I am.

“Every time I’ve played at Palace the atmosphere has been brilliant; the fans are excellent and they’re so passionate about their club. I’m really excited to be here.”

McCarthy joined QPR last summer and made four appearances last season as the club suffered relegation from the Premier League.

DiMaria

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bartomeu backs Van Gaal to succeed at Man Utd

1432762_heroa.jpg

By Alex Young
Jul 25, 2015 00:45:00

The Barcelona president cited the Dutchman's faith in youth during his two spells at Camp Nou, naming the likes of Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Carles Puyol

Josep Maria Bartomeu has backed Louis van Gaal to succeed at Manchester United after seeing him blood the likes of Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Carles Puyol at Barcelona.

The Dutchman took over at Old Trafford last season and, after a slow start, guided the club to the Champions League, with Wayne Rooney insisting earlier on Friday that the coach's philosophy has clicked.

Van Gaal enjoyed a three-year spell as Barcelona boss between 1997 and 2000 before returning for a one-year stay in 2002-03 and the club's president, who was recently re-elected, spoke of his admiration for the 63-year-old.

"Yes, it's a good move," he told reporters. "We know him from when he was at Barcelona and you have to remember that one of our best players of the past 15 years, Xavi, was brought through by Van Gaal.

"He put Xavi, Puyol and others into the first team. Van Gaal did something very good by having a lot of confidence in our young players.

"The youth players of our academy, La Masia, he used them a lot and he was right because for the last 12 or 15 years those players have been the best players in our team.

"We know how strong, intelligent and clever he is, how he gets the best that is possible from his players, and United are going to be one of the top clubs this year, I'm sure."

United face Barcelona in the International Champions Cup on Saturday.

Ibrahimovic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ibrahimovic open to Man United move despite bad Van Gaal relationship

1230702_heroa.jpg

By Ewan Roberts
Jul 24, 2015 14:31:00

The Swedish striker has a rocky history with the Dutchman, stretching back to their time together at Ajax, but hints that he would be professional enough to work under him

Paris Saint-Germain star Zlatan Ibrahimovic admits that he has a fraught relationship with Louis van Gaal but refuses to say that their previous clashes would impact a potential move to Manchester United.

The enigmatic Sweden international has been heavily linked with a summer switch to Old Trafford, even though he criticised Van Gaal in his autobiography, 'I Am Zlatan'.

And while Ibrahimovic anticipates that there could be "big problems" between himself and the infamously authoritarian Dutchman, he suggested that he would enjoy any potential tussles with the 63-year-old.

Asked by Sports Illustrated if their frosty relationship would prevent a move to United, the PSG striker hesitated and refused to rule out the possibility. "At the end, I think he is professional and I am professional," he said.

"Whoever I work with, I never have these kind of problems because, at the end, I need to do my job, he needs to do his job. And I think a lot of fights would happen, but that's something I like!"

Expanding on his falling-out with Van Gaal, the giant Swede added: "Our relationship is not good. He was a director at Ajax when I was there and the way he worked is not the way I work."

Ibrahimovic, who netted 19 Ligue 1 goals last term, has won 12 league titles across Netherlands, Italy, Spain and France.

Pardew

Alfrescian
Loyal

Benteke will suit Liverpool's system, insists Rodgers

1313682_heroa.jpg

By Chris Davie
Jul 24, 2015 18:52:00

Jamie Carragher had questioned the 24-year-old's ability to adapt to the team's style but the Reds boss has no concerns over the striker's versatility

Brendan Rodgers believes Christian Benteke will become a “huge player” for Liverpool and insists the striker is suited to his side’s style of play.

The Belgium international completed his £32.5 million move from Aston Villa earlier this week but former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has questioned whether the 24-year-old will be able to adapt to Rodgers’ “short, sharp and incisive passing game”.

Rodgers, however, has no concerns over Benteke’s versatility and says the Belgian’s record of 42 goals in 89 Premier League games was an important factor when targeting a new striker.

“There’s a number of qualities that he has and he will only improve in his time at the club,” Rodgers told Liverpool’s official website.

“I think first and foremost his goals, if you look at his goals record since the time that he’s been in the Premier League he's up there with the best in terms of numbers. So that was very important for us.

“Obviously I've heard and I've seen stuff about the style, 'he won't fit the style of how we play' - I think he'll only complement it and help us. He’s a big guy but he’s got the attributes that I like in terms of pace and movement and he gets goals, he gets all types of goals.

“He's great in the air, strong, he can hold the game up, he can play on the counter-attack, he can play whenever the team is deep because he can hold the ball up with his physical strength.

“As I said, he's a boy that still is improving in his game so I don’t think there’s any doubt he'll fit our tactical idea of the game and he can be a huge player for us.”

Hazard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Diego Costa glad Falcao flopped at Man Utd

radamel-falcao-garcia-chelsea_1rzmaellx6kaj1vn4h4rbn3648.jpg

By Alex Young
Jul 24, 2015 23:14:00

The Colombian scored just four Premier League goals under Louis van Gaal, paving the way for Chelsea to sign him and his new strike partner is confident he will now flourish

Diego Costa is glad Radamel Falcao flopped at Manchester United so Chelsea could snap him up.

The Colombian has moved to Stamford Bridge on a season-long loan deal despite scoring just four Premier League goals during a similar spell with Manchester United last term.

Mourinho revealed that the striker took a pay cut in order to prove wrong his critics in England and his former Atletico Madrid team-mate is confident a better atmosphere will see Falcao shine again.

"It's good for us that he didn't have the best of seasons as that's why he's now with us," he is quoted as saying by the Daily Mail.

"We know that Falcao is a hugely talented player. The only thing he needs is to feel loved and trusted, and he will get both here.

"The manager is very happy to have brought him in and we are all very excited to have him in our squad because he's a great player.

"He gets on very well with his team-mates and he will help us a lot off the field too."