• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how to don't spend money and enjoy during retirement

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u make retiring in singapore sound so wonderful.

anybody can retire in singapore and have a wonderful enjoyment time without spending any money in singapore if their idea of retirement is sitting on the park bench day after day gazing blankly into space,feeding wild pigeons in the park,with a small pocket transistor radio blasting 1960s mando pop.or sitting outside the barbershop talking about beh pio and reminiscing about the nanyang coolie farmer days of singapore or sitting in front of a stone table playing chinese chess.

[video=youtube;6k_N4oKzVBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k_N4oKzVBE&list=PLpqHdaGB88bRLmYiGcxFwJanUITIlvC9m[/video]

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I still could not fathom about retirement if I cannot sell enough screws each day, its a daily struggle.
I buy a couple of screws every week. Each screw costs me NZD195 for unlimited shots.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I buy a couple of screws every week. Each screw costs me NZD195 for unlimited shots.

Wish I have customers like you willing to pay NZ$195 for screws . . . . mine going for cents or what we call here setang. New Zealand really hiso.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Partial or full quiting sg I think is good also but personally I find it link to our social circles and families. If I go alone to a.better place may end up lonely there lor.

Aren't we talking about retirement? Children are grown up & likely to be busy with work & their own families. If you stay in Spore you will likely end up as one of those senior citizens hanging around the coffee shops, void decks,...

If you leave Spore you will have more space to explore, healthier environment, slower pace of life,...

Had a friend who got his Canadian PR & plans to sponsore his parents when his father retired from his teaching position in Spore. His father is quite bitter about the PAP & the move out of Spore will be much healthier for him. In his case, once he becomes a Canuck he will be able to withdraw ALL of his CPF. Just imagine getting all that money & re-investing it & getting a better return:biggrin:

In my opinion there are more reasons to leave Spore than to stay in Spore. Even LKY would often go on his overseas trips:wink:

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm consolidating some tips on this. So far thought of the below .please share if you happen to know more .spend a little bit is OK.

Watch Korean drama and media Corp and hk drama and online movies
Pcc
Go cbd area walk around in shorts and look at ol
Go fishing
Go swimming
Play hp games
Go window shopping
Go library read books and sleep enjoy the aircon
Go cc watch TV and tcss with ah Pek
Join some language course in cc cheap cheap type
Play musical instruments.
Travel around sg and eat nice and cheap hawker food

Most suggestions OK but the last one. Where got nice and cheap hawker food? Pray tell.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Read annual reports ......... 9 out of 10 will not lead to anything .......... those that are interesting .......... wait for the price of the stock to be right ........... sell when it becomes overvalued .......... in the meantime if you need excitement you can ........... (a) "read" Playboy; (b) day trade index futures or similar with play money unless you receive the omen of the white hair floor mop and the technicals and other factors also favour a fall ........ stay healthy mentally and physically ........ otherwise all the damn money in the world ain't gonna help you ...........

[video=youtube;Lc791is6X0o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc791is6X0o[/video]

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
chiew, i think your retirement must do list. should include cooking some healthy/nice foods.

if you interested, then i can share with you my secret recipe:smile:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Read annual reports ......... 9 out of 10 will not lead to anything .......... those that are interesting .......... wait for the price of the stock to be right ........... sell when it becomes overvalued .......... in the meantime if you need excitement you can ........... (a) "read" Playboy; (b) day trade index futures or similar with play money unless you receive the omen of the white hair floor mop and the technicals and other factors also favour a fall ........ stay healthy mentally and physically ........ otherwise all the damn money in the world ain't gonna help you ...........

[video=youtube;Lc791is6X0o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc791is6X0o[/video]

Read the title don't need spend much money. That one need a.lot of money and may be gone if unlucky.:cool:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most suggestions OK but the last one. Where got nice and cheap hawker food? Pray tell.
Got a lot cheap and nice. You need to go around without rushing to discover and enjoy the food..even need to queue up we can have the whole time to queue :biggrin:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Become a monk. Dont spend money and enjoy the quietness of a retired life.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone ever told me his uncle retire abt 55 doing nothing. Means wake up stare blank wall then resleep. About 7yrs later he died :eek

He was probably bored to death. The key is to ENJOY doing nothing. And the link I provided earlier is "10 Ways to Enjoy Doing Nothing". Alternatively, find a hobby that you enjoy and need little money.

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
my dad passed away and he didn really enjoy much for his life.
seldom/never went oversea trip.

but he brought me up, gave me foods and education , the best.

he win respect and love from everyone in our family.

i think this is the meaning of his life, forever in our heart.

that is why, i always think life is not about how much enjoyment, is about how much you give to others(family) or how much others value you.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was probably bored to death. The key is to ENJOY doing nothing. And the link I provided earlier is "10 Ways to Enjoy Doing Nothing". Alternatively, find a hobby that you enjoy and need little money.

heard he died due to some blockage of heart.
The link - lie on a field. No wonder sg got people lie on middle of road lah LOL