• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How much did Lee Kuan Yew left behind in inheritance?

tomychua

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
10009815_1691205787758572_9150814965383382473_n.jpg

Alex Tan, where do you get the "modest" estimate of $1billion in LKY's inheritance when most of his money and even the Oxley Road house are donated to charities?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Lee family is worth $10 bil by a conservative estimate. Some insiders put it at $20 bil. Whatever the exact figure, it isn't peanuts.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just imagine if you control the whole of Spore for 50 years & didn't have to pay a single cent for taxes, living expenses, transportation, rent, utilities,....
With access to all the insider information of Spore & had ties with the illuminati.

If you were in such a position, one could easily surpass the wealth of people like Bill Gates who is "publicly" the wealthiest man in the US. LKY had 50 years & controlled the resources of a country. I bet he's richer than Bill Gates who is reported to be worth US$79.2 billion.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just imagine if you control the whole of Spore for 50 years & didn't have to pay a single cent for taxes, living expenses, transportation, rent, utilities,....
With access to all the insider information of Spore & had ties with the illuminati.

If you were in such a position, one could easily surpass the wealth of people like Bill Gates who is "publicly" the wealthiest man in the US. LKY had 50 years & controlled the resources of a country. I bet he's richer than Bill Gates who is reported to be worth US$79.2 billion.

This is the interior of Ah Gong's house. Doesn't look like the home of a billionaire.

Oxley-Road-lee-kuan-yew.jpg

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal

Totally agree

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the secret of his wealth is not on what LKY has,it is hidden behind his extended family,look at the billionaires and tycoons and old money in singapore that are related to the Lee family,the Ngs.the Wees the Tans,of OCBC of UOB,those are the true legacys they have to protect.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the interior of Ah Gong's house. Doesn't look like the home of a billionaire.

if twenty years in the future when i become a billionaire and i show you the first home where i grew up,u would be shocked too.olivia lim of hyflux grew up with her aunt in a shack who gambled all their savings away.john paul dejoria was homeless before he became a billionaire.but the difference is all these people made their own fortunes from their own wit,hard work and entrepreneurship.LKY stole it all.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is only for show lah.

I remember reading that LKY warned his MPs not to flash their $$$ around. LKY is a smart politician & keeps his real residence at the Istana private, away from prying eyes. Can't say the same about LHL. That is why under him you hear about the peanut lady, the civil servant who went to France for cooking lessons,...etc

I remember as a kid seeing a photo of LHL humbly standing next to a bicycle:biggrin: It was obviously a PR stunt to give the impression that LHL was just another of the guys. Nowadays you hear the PAP using terms like "lesser mortals" & where there are "lesser mortals", there are of course "natural aristocrates"

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is only for show lah.

I remember reading that LKY warned his MPs not to flash their $$$ around. LKY is a smart politician & keeps his real residence at the Istana private, away from prying eyes. Can't say the same about LHL. That is why under him you hear about the peanut lady, the civil servant who went to France for cooking lessons,...etc

I remember as a kid seeing a photo of LHL humbly standing next to a bicycle:biggrin: It was obviously a PR stunt to give the impression that LHL was just another of the guys. Nowadays you hear the PAP using terms like "lesser mortals" & where there are "lesser mortals", there are of course "natural aristocrates"

even stories of him washing his underwear by hand,such acts of sacrifice and loyalty to the country brings tears to my eyes.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not forgetting the employment of the jobless to feed their familees, just to steady him from behind:p

and there was the "trickle and ripple down" effect, where countless diapers had to be bought, changed and cleanly disposed of creating a mini economy of dripping proportions and lasting impressions (and stains) in the process.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
10009815_1691205787758572_9150814965383382473_n.jpg

Alex Tan, where do you get the "modest" estimate of $1billion in LKY's inheritance when most of his money and even the Oxley Road house are donated to charities?

English comprehension in this country is atrocious. Basic English meaning is not understood after 50 years of a UK style education system. Lee Con You cannot leave behind an inheritance. An inheritance by definition means that someone gets it after the benefactor dies. In this case, Lee Gay Loong and his siblings are the ones that inherited. Lee Con You left behind an Estate. Not an inheritance. The inheritance is what the kids got. The estate is what Old Fart left behind.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I am watching you. Be warned. Matter of time before Your real identity is uncovered.

Some asshole send me this threat after I my post on this thread. ooooh, I so scared.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
even stories of him washing his underwear by hand,such acts of sacrifice and loyalty to the country brings tears to my eyes.

What brings tears to my eyes is all the $$$ that I've had to pay in Spore from higher costs of the hidden taxes & fines.

Just go to one of the AXS machines you will be amazed by the number of bills we face from season parking, conservancy charges & fines,
http://www.axs.com.sg/axsMstation_billsPayment.php

Where else but in Spore do you have the majority elect a "Pay And Pay" gov't :eek:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the secret of his wealth is not on what LKY has,it is hidden behind his extended family,look at the billionaires and tycoons and old money in singapore that are related to the Lee family,the Ngs.the Wees the Tans,of OCBC of UOB,those are the true legacys they have to protect.

Yes same same the Suhartos and their cronies.
And lky was way more vile and wily than Suharto.
For reference dictators like gaddafi is estimated to be worth usd 200 billion and Putin been estimated at 70 billion.
Though you might argue these countries had oil or were bigger blah blah blah.....dun forget ah gong got head start and 50 years to fine tune his plundering.