• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSP to lose deposit again in 3-corner fight in Marine Parade, just like 1992

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NSP Vice President Yip Yew Weng, never heard him criticizing government policy but during election time, he will come out and 'chopped' a place, frequently helping the PAP to get an easy win:

2011 -- Radin Mas -- Lost to PAP Tan Chin Siong (32.9% against 67.1%)

2006 -- Yio Chu Kang -- Lost to PAP Seng Han Thong ( 31.72% against 68.28%)

2001 -- Tampines GRC -- Lost to PAP (26.66% against 73.34%)

1997 -- Chua Chu Kang -- Four-corner fight, lost to PAP (22.07% against 61.92%)

I wonder what is he doing in NSP and why NSP elect such caliber to be their VP?

Yip has done his part. To be filed away. Next?

ahsoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is only 64 this year and he will come out again. The PAP needs his service more this round.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was a by-election in 1992 in Marine Parade. A four-corner fight between PAP, SDP, NSP and SJP.

The results:

PAP 72.9%

SDP 24.5%

NSP 1.4%

SJP 1.1%

NSP should not risk losing its credibility further. In a multi-corner fight, opposition supporters will vote for the stronger PAP challengers.

The choice is so obvious, unless NSP's intention is to deprive a likely victory for WP.

If opposition going for a 3 corner fight at Marine Parade it's not only dumb and stupid!!
but it gives the Papaya unnecessary vantage to win but marginal win like 51%!!!

Just work out the maths, single opposition stands better chances of winning!!

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NSP Vice President Yip Yew Weng, never heard him criticizing government policy but during election time, he will come out and 'chopped' a place, frequently helping the PAP to get an easy win:

They want to see how low can he go.
Each erection, he gets lower percentage.
Wonder what standard he set for himself to proclaim that he's got ED?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
NSP is in denial. In 2011, their 40 plus percent votes are from Pap haters, TPL haters and Nicole Seah supporters. Honestly other than Niicole Seah, nobody knows who the rest of the NSP were.

Now in GE2015, Nicole is gone and here comes WP. NSP should just fall out from MP GRC and concentrate on other GRCs. If the contest, they may break Mr 1.2%'s record.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal

GE15 NSP plan to contest 31 seats !!!!
NSP is too greedy and only a hand full candidate are good to fight against PAP.
NSP contest this GE15 with quantities players but not quality.
Candidates like Yip Yew Weng, Cheo Chai Chen and etc ???? please look at the mirror !!!
Have you ever ask yourself what is the chances to beat PAP if is a straight fight ???
What percent of votes can NSP get ???
GE2011, NSP secured +40% in Marine Parade GRC because of NSeah not NSP brand.
In term of party branding NSP is nowhere compare against SPP not to mention branded WP and SDP.
Within 3 years NSP changed party President 3 times ????
NSP want face value and may insisted 3-corners fight at Marine Parade GRC.
The consequence will be WP may lost by a neck to PAP and NSP may lose election deposit.
If Marine Parade GRC is a straight fight WP vs PAP the odd is 50:50 and I will take WP to win by a nose.
If Wooden lost Marine Parade GRC then PAP face value suffer much more than NSP withdrawal.
contesting.
NSP, please dun be a spoiler.

ahsoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
NSP President Sebastian Teo Kway Huang, never aired his view on government policy. He has contested several GE but not even once was he close to winning. What has he done to improve his winning chance? Or is he interested in winning at all?

2011 -- Chua Chu Kang GRC -- Lost to PAP (38.8% against 61.2%)

2006 -- Jalan Besar GRC -- Lost to PAP ( 30.74% against 69.26%)

Failed to make it to Parliament in all his three attempts.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
Swissbank often humtam WP but when come GE15, Swissbank want to see more opposition parties been elected.
A fact that WP command a premium brand opposition party although WP are often seen as silent inside parliament.
Give them one more chance !!!!
I have confidence WP can beat Wooden in Marine Parade GRC if is a straight fight but WP must send 3 Astar players there.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NSP President Sebastian Teo Kway Huang, never aired his view on government policy. He has contested several GE but not even once was he close to winning. What has he done to improve his winning chance? Or is he interested in winning at all?

Another 10 attempts also CMI.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

2011 -- Chua Chu Kang GRC -- Lost to PAP (38.8% against 61.2%)

2006 -- Jalan Besar GRC -- Lost to PAP ( 30.74% against 69.26%)

Let me share with you my thoughts.
These losers might not be pappy moles BUT they are doing it for the publicity.....
Let me continue....
We all know of people who become pappy dogs mp to earn the big bucks, career advancement and nice cv.
Likewise there are people in opposition camp who dabble in politics for benefits....maybe the monetary value to be reaped is peanuts compared to vile pappies.....but cari makan is still possible.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Marine Parade will be one of the keenly contested GRC. If WP send a couple of their big guns, it will be like Chelsea v Man City! Question is whose side NSP on?? Better get out of the way and let the giants fight!

ahsoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me share with you my thoughts.
These losers might not be pappy moles BUT they are doing it for the publicity.....
Let me continue....
We all know of people who become pappy dogs mp to earn the big bucks, career advancement and nice cv.
Likewise there are people in opposition camp who dabble in politics for benefits....maybe the monetary value to be reaped is peanuts compared to vile pappies.....but cari makan is still possible.

It is amazing that people like Yip, Teo and Desmond Lim are willing to spend 10, 20 years and lots of time and money to participate in opposition politics, knowing that they are there without the slightest chance of winning, and doing it just for the sake of publicity.

Besides WP which despite all criticism, is able to win seats from the PAP as they know what most Singaporeans want, I also respect SDP, SFP for their clear manifesto and persistence. Even KJ has been diligently contributing his views to educate Singaporeans.

What have Yip, Teo and Desmond contributed on how to make Singapore a better place? Perhaps they know it is better to keep their mouth shut to hide their stupidity?

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
NSP President Sebastian Teo Kway Huang,

Dun be a spoiler in this GE15.
During GE2011 NSP secured 43% because of Nicole Seah's face not NSP brand image.
Give way to WP for straight fight and I strongly believe WP will kick out Wooden in Marine Parade GRC and Wooden will retire in shame as a loser.
Is this what opposition supporters want to see ????
A WP vs PAP is like Chelsea vs Manchester City.
If NSP vs PAP at Marine Parade GRC then is like NSP being a Geyland Team vs Chelsea.
NSP will be much respected if give way in Marine Parade GRC otherwise many hardcore opposition supporters will curse at NSP after GE15.
Vote for WP !!!!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Marine Parade will be one of the keenly contested GRC. If WP send a couple of their big guns, it will be like Chelsea v Man City! Question is whose side NSP on?? Better get out of the way and let the giants fight!

When elephants fight, the ants better make way.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is amazing that people like Yip, Teo and Desmond Lim are willing to spend 10, 20 years and lots of time and money to participate in opposition politics, knowing that they are there without the slightest chance of winning, and doing it just for the sake of publicity.

Besides WP which despite all criticism, is able to win seats from the PAP as they know what most Singaporeans want, I also respect SDP, SFP for their clear manifesto and persistence. Even KJ has been diligently contributing his views to educate Singaporeans.

What have Yip, Teo and Desmond contributed on how to make Singapore a better place? Perhaps they know it is better to keep their mouth shut to hide their stupidity?

A KJ in Parliament will give the MIW lots of headaches. Panadols will be sold out. While lacking in EQ, KJ's knowledge in finance and economics will see him closely scrutinising all such policies and the MIW better be prepared.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
KJ may be able to raise hell in parliament but KJ must get himself elected, and with his current speech presentation at rallies and RP company, it would be ALMOST impossible to get majority of any constituency to vote for him

Gigo88

Alfrescian
Loyal
NSP is planning to contest 31 seats vs WP 28 seats.

I think NSP die die also wants to contest more seats than WP. In the event of a freak election result (where PAP loses almost all the seats), NSP may become the party with the most seats in parliament, and have leverage over other parties to form the government.

Just wishful thinking on the part of the NSP. It is almost certain that they will lose the deposit if they enter MP GRC in a 3 corner fight with PAP & WP. They should reconsider the offer from WP to take Macpherson SMC and forgo MP GRC.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A KJ in Parliament will give the MIW lots of headaches. Panadols will be sold out. While lacking in EQ, KJ's knowledge in finance and economics will see him closely scrutinising all such policies and the MIW better be prepared.

Only true if PAP is a minority government. With a majority, PAP will shut out the opposition MPs. The Speaker will help the PAP to do that as well.

That's why we need to get rid of first-past-the-post system and replace it with proportional representation. Then parliament will truly be the place for MPs to hold the government into account and if the government fails, toppling it to bring about fresh election would be possible.